• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you consider a burrito to be a sandwich? What about hot dogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robox

What about:

Ice cream sandwich: even has sandwich in the name
Pancakes/waffles: if open faced sandwich applies then this too
Cakes: there's often filling between layers of baked flour product

But why apply sales tax to only sandwiches? Is rice or soup exempt??

Apt101

Hotdogs, sure. Burritos - especially proper Mexican burritos and not the Americanized ones - not at all. That would be like calling an eggroll a sandwich.

Neither are sandwiches.

But I also disagree with the american classification that burgers are a type of sandwich.
It's gotta be two pieces of sliced bread to classify.

I don't see why not all food items should be the same in terms of taxation. Like, why is a sandwich and a salad different tax-wise?

Like, I get you need to classify what a soda is if you want a soda tax because you want to discourage unhealthy beverages. But is there a sandwich tax meant to discourage sandwiches? Or a tax exemption meant to encourage sandwiches?

A sub is a sandwich innit? Cuz if you take out the hot dog and put meatballs innit you got a meatball sub so a hot dog is a hot dog sub sandwich.

Apt101

A sub is a sandwich innit? Cuz if you take out the hot dog and put meatballs innit you got a meatball sub so a hot dog is a hot dog sub sandwich.

Yes, they're "submarine sandwiches". A long sandwich, basically.

Pretty sure the French just call them sandwiches. Baguettes and all.

d00d3n

img_5844_156999231.jpg

If it doesn't look like this it ain't a sandwich.

Lol, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom