• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you consider a burrito to be a sandwich? What about hot dogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppy

actually if you ate like four hotdogs just in a layer between two slices of bread i bet you could get your hotdog fix while significantly reducing carbs!

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
A burrito? Hell no.

A hotdog, yes.

Tortilla = No sandwich

Bread = Sandwich

I will fight them.

The sausage disqualifies the hotdog as a sandwich imo

And yes a tortilla WRAPPED around the content is not a god damned sandwich.

Calling a hotdog a sandwich is so wrong it's not even funny, shit sounds vile as fuck. I have never heard anyone call a fucking hotdog a sandwich, NOBODY refers to them as sandwiches.

Hot dogs are definitely a sandwich. Burrito definitely not. One is between 2 pieces of bread the other if made properly is wrapped in a corn product.

Hot dogs are sandwiches the same way subs are sandwiches.

Burritos are not sandwiches.
A bun? How in the world are you eating a hot dog? lol
Technically that's one peice of folded bread. If you take a slice of rye bread and fold it in half it doesn't suddenly become two pieces of rye bread.

Dumplings are just small wraps, which are sandwiches.

Tacos are just open-faced sandwiches.

A steak is just a steak sandwich without the bread.

Tax is all.

ElRenoRaven

Yea no. Sandwiches are sandwiches. Hotdogs are hotdogs. Burritos are burritos. They are all 3 very unique things. All 3 are awesome too mind you.

darklin0

Banned
Burritos can technically be called a sandwich. Mostly because sandwiches have such a broad set of categorization rules, which is dumb.

You know, hot dogs get a bad rap. They got a cool shape, they got protein.

You like hot dogs right?

tTc9cKQ.gif

SkyOdin

Now, on a basic level, a sandwich is a food item made of various already prepared ingredients that are then assembled into a final form. Stuff like pizza doesn't qualify, because a pizza is assembled before it is finished being cooked.

However, the classic sandwich that everyone recognizes consists of ingredients and condiments stacked into various discrete layers, with the very top and bottom consisting of pieces of sliced bread. A common sandwich consisting of sliced deli meat, lettuces, and sliced cheese between two pieces of bread is something that everyone can agree is a sandwich.

I say that a sub sandwich qualifies because it uses the same basic structure of a regular sandwich: various ingrediants are stacked into layers that are enclosed by a bun. While they don't form neat parallel layers, the premise is the same. On the other hand, a hotdog is different. Rather than layers, it consists of a bun that serves as a base on which the hotdog and condiments are piled, with an open top.

Brakke

Banned
I rolled eyes at the title but then was happy with the OP because of the legal stuff, which is interesting. Reminds me of that case where people had to argue whether tomatoes were fruits or vegetables in front of the Supreme Court back in the 1800s.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
What if you use two burritos like the top amd bottom pieces of bread and stick a hot dog in-between?

Or stick a burrito in a sub sandwich bread roll.

Hazmat

I don't consider them sandwiches but they make sense to be grouped with them for tax purposes. Kind of an all-in-one lunchtime meal that you is designed to be eaten on the go.

Creepy

I didn't a few moments ago...

..but yeah, everything is a sandwich I guess... Hot dogs, burritos and indeed the burger.
A hot dog is just a long sandwich where the sausage hasn't been cut up.
A burger is just a circular sandwich.

Pizza isn't though... that's taking it a bit too far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom