• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you love your Mother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philia

Not really. She royally fucked up our lives. :\ Trouble is she died due to all of her fuck ups cumulative to a head when I was just 11 years old. There were years and years of when I wanted to just call her up and bitch to her how the fuck does she even do that back then but I cannot because she fucking died and left us tons of bullshit to clean up after. But yeah, our lives were just hell and all kinds of messed up until we finally moved on as adults.

Its just that we'll never have our childhoods we deserved. She was messed up on drugs as well as physically abusive. And I don't mean casual spanking, I mean literal face punching or cutting.

She's a cunt who had dropkick a fucking kitten. A KITTEN. God, I still cannot believe I still remember that. Its horrific.

Daingurse

Because he made you hate him or because of how awful your mom told you he is?

My parents never said anything negative about each other after they got divorced. Not once, not even passively.
But I've noticed that a lot of other parents tried to poison their kids' relationships with their exes and the kids usually ended up hating the parent they didn't live with.

Because he's a piece of shit who cheated on my mother after she was raped and left for dead. Never paid child support, was always 2000 miles away living off of women who would put up with him. He wasn't present during any important stage of my life, or the times I truly needed a father figure the most. Worthless. I have my reasons for hating my father. My reasons, no help needed from mommy.

smurfx

get some go again
My mother raised my sister and me by herself and sacrificed a lot for us so yes I love her a lot.

Certainly.

wg1DNJG.jpg

Hahaha

not sure. she has her faults and I know where they are from but she can be selfish and thinks I should put my life on hold just for her. my father I loved. her, Mmmm....

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Because he's a piece of shit who cheated on my mother after she was raped and left for dead. Never paid child support, was always 2000 miles away living off of women who would put up with. He was present during any important stage of my life. Worthless. I have my reasons for hating my father, for you to even question my why angers me.

So basically because your mom told you he was a very bad man. Got it.

Vinci

Danish
Sure. Even with the various issues between us. We just don't see eye to eye on most things, so we end up talking about nothing that truly matters.

But yeah, she still raised me. And she was good to me, looked after me. Our separate views on things doesn't somehow wipe out the years she dedicated to my brother and I turning into decent and moral people.

BokehKing

Banned
Of course, I love both my parents, we just don't get along when it comes to politics or the handling of certain situations....

My mother is a fear mongerer
My dad is a hard core republican

so yeah we butt heads
but I love them and enjoy spending time with them

Absolutely. I was born with a heart murmur and the doctors gave my parents a list of problems that would cause me to have throughout my life. Hearing that for your first born after suffering a miscarriage years earlier is probably a hard thing to grasp but she put everything she had into raising me well and next to nothing on that list came true. She stayed home for quite some time raising me and my brother but she decided to work as well to do more for us. She worked more jobs this far in her life than I could ever imagine doing myself and she's done almost nothing for herself, instead doing everything and anything she can for us and I don't think I could say thank you enough.

She's a wonderful woman who was just a great mom, through and through. I honestly don't know what I would've done without her. And since people are bringing up their dad, mine is just as cool. He's had his troubles and made not so good decisions but he's been a great dad too. Love both of them to bits and want to do something nice for them one day when I stop being a screw up and get my life together.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

She verbally and physically abused me. She neglected me. Locked me in my room very often. Bed time was 5-6pm every night, no matter my age. Hit me in the face and back with wooden spoons, shoved dirty dish clothes and sponges in my face. If I wanted water I had to drink out of the toilet. Wouldn't let me have baths unless my grandma was coming over. Never, not once, walked me to the bus stop or school.Left me emotionally scared and because of her I have trust issues. Didn't want me to get adopted, so could've been abused even more.

Short answer: she can go straight to hell.
I hate hearing things like this. How can a parent be so cruel.

Of course.
She brought me into this world, and lord knows she can take me out of it too.
I count myself blessed to have always had an amiable relationship with my parents.

Africanus

She attempted to indoctrinate all three of her children to be horrid Jehovah's Witnesses and succeded on two. Aside from this she is a nice person but there is tepid love.

Hell yes. Although I never tell her.
She raised six kids basically on her own. My dad refused to pay child support after the divorce. She worked 2 jobs. Left at 6am and came back around midnight. She would talk about the union workers on the late shift harassing her so she had to quit that job. She refused any form of welfare. Best thing she ever told us was if you ever take money from the government they own a piece of you.

RM8

My parents could be a bit less melodramatic, but they're sweet, loving awesome parents and I feel lucky to have them.

Soriku

Love both my parents even if we disagree on things sometimes. It's unfortunate many in this thread don't like at least one of their parents...

My mother and I often communicate by screaming at each other. And yet, I feel there's no one on this earth who understands me as well as her. We're so completely honest and open with each other, and I can truly say she's one of my best friends. I don't know how I'll deal when she's gone.

Dali

At least one hospitalization a year until I was like 16. A month in intensive care followed by a couple more months of recovery resulting in me missing an entire quarter of middle school. On top of all the other motherly duties... Yeah I think that sort of leaves an impression. I'll never forget when she broke into tears telling me "I don't think you realize how close you were to death" years later. I really should show her more but I don't really know how. Displaying my feelings is not something I'm good at. I've got them but I just live in my head too much. If something is funny a lot of times I just straight faced enjoy and think to myself "this is funny." I'm getting better but showing overt affection doesn't come easy.

Acorn

Very much. Raised me as a single mother and got her degree whilst doing nightshift nursing.

Did everything she could to make a better life for me.

Fnord

My mother was having an affair, so my parents got divorced (I was around 3-4). My dad got custody. When I was around five, my dad remarried. That chick was the Wicked Witch of the West. They got divorced while I was at college. When I got back from college, my dad apologized. He didn't realize what a flaming bitch she was until I wasn't around for her to treat like shit. I literally danced a jig when that cunt died (lung cancer). Much later, my dad married for the third time and this time he got it right.

Rayis

My mom is the most important person in the world to me, I honestly don't know what I will do when I lose her, don't even want to think about it. A mother's love is the best kind of love there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom