• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you remember the very first time you ever saw a video game?

I'm fairly certain it was the original Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt. I was probably 4 or 5, we visited some friends of the family quite often, and their kids had an NES. I don't remember anything before then.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
The oldest (and fondest) memories I have are Starcraft. I've played games before I guess, but I just can't remember.

But Starcraft brought me into PC gaming.
Also I think that's why I am such an awesome person today.

Thanks, Starcraft!

my mums friend stopped a few weeks, she put atari 2600 on with pitfall, and it blew my fucking mind.

"so.. i CONTROL whats on screen.."

My little mind was all "dafuq"

robo2000

Neo Member
Keystone_Kapers_-_1984_-_Activision.jpg

Keystone Kapers Atari 2600 (this is one of my first memories of seeing a videogame)
After that games as Space invaders, pacman etc made a huge impact on me.

TheContact

Nice, OP. Pitfall was my first game too, I was thinking that before I clicked on the thread

Scorched Earth was my first PC game

marcincz

Late fall/winter in 1985 I was 3,5 years old. My parents bought Atari 65XE. First game was River Raid.
After years I've bought River Raid again in my game room on X360.

patientx

In 1993 when I started secondary school. I was around 11-12 I guess. The first computer game I played was Prince of Persia 1 and also at the same time at another friends house I remember playing Wolfenstein 3D. Fast forward 1 year we were playing Quake 1 Demo deathmatch games in our newly established computer lab. in my school. They were brand new Pentiums and they had Windows 3.1 installed on them. We were playing deathmatch in Quake 1 before it was cool :) (I know games before Q1 had deathmatch , the thing is there were no PC/console culture around my immediate surroundings. A simple entry level pc could be bought for about 2- 2.5 times of my fathers salary. Also no consoles at all.. My first "console" that I laid my hands on was one of friends Gameboy (og) who was given it as a birthday present which was bought from Germany. (No one was selling and knew what a game console was those days)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Most of the replies are console games. I think the first time I saw a videogame was through the old arcades that were by my house. I don't remember what arcade game it was. The first console memory was Mario and the NES.

Panthers

I got an NES when I was 3 and had Super Mario Bros... and that's it. So I'm pretty sure it was that.

Pretty much the exact same story for me. Got a NES when I was 3 and played Mario/Duck Hunt. That was it for me. From then on I have owned most consoles (only Sega console I got was Genesis and skipped the Wii)

amardilo

If we are talking about console games I think it was Golden Axe on the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis.

I think I was around 6/7 and was at my uncle's house and he was showing the system to my dad and when I walked in the room Golden Axe was playing. He had several games he showed off after that. I can't remember all the ones he put in but they all blew my mind at the time.

TnK

My first VG experience was SMB1, and my first console was the PSX, go figure lol. And no, I was actually quite young when I got the PSX, before being 10 years old, and almost three years down the PSX life span when FFVII hit.

My family owned an Atari 2600 for a few months before I was born (1982), so while I probably "saw" a video game as an infant, there is no way I could possibly remember it.

sinxtanx

2 years old, Super Mario World map screen at another house

burned into memory forever

I only know it was SMW because I recognized it later

Bydobob

I'm proud to say it was an original Space Invaders cab. Oh, must've been 3 or 4. I remember barely being able to see above the control panel and pressing the buttons with Game Over flashing on the screen. I've been mesmerized by games ever since and will be 'til the grave.

Top Bottom