• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you smoke weed?

Jayjayhd34

Oct 22, 2018
I used to then got serious with drugs with rise so called legal highs got very mentally ill wants they stopped being very readily available ended being sectioned, dignoised put on meds. Tried going back to smoking weed just makes high for bit tolerance builds and I'm back thinking about other drugs, after few relasples and few more times in hospital just decided drugs where not me.

Fast forward couple years I'm doing well living in nicer area a nice home good income, have giving up smoking and replaced with vaping.

Think about weed all time if eighth would be worth it. Then just things I've achieved regret ever going near shitty stuff so it's entirely on me and very well enjoy weed every night if hadn't gone near that all that stuff.

Bartski

Jan 15, 2020
smoked weed every day since early teens for almost 20 years. 100% sober since 2015 and not going back there

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Gold Member
Sep 4, 2018
i broke my glass bowl last weekend lol. so im in the market for a new piece. was thinking of popping to the gas station for another glass one-hitter, but maybe i should get something else.

can anyone recommend a low cost vape? been considering going the vape route for a while. i hear it's a great way to stretch your supply which is probably my biggest reason. or is that just a myth?

anyways some recommendations would be good.

Jan 6, 2013
Northern Ireland
i broke my glass bowl last weekend lol. so im in the market for a new piece. was thinking of popping to the gas station for another glass one-hitter, but maybe i should get something else.

can anyone recommend a low cost vape? been considering going the vape route for a while. i hear it's a great way to stretch your supply which is probably my biggest reason. or is that just a myth?

anyways some recommendations would be good.
I've owned three portable dry herb vapes over the years. First was the Magic Flight Launch Box. It's pretty basic, it works but the batteries don't last long at all.

My second one was the PAX2. This was better than the the MFLB but again, the battery life ain't great and for the PAX2 there is no temperature control. I believe the PAX3 has it but requires an app to adjust the temps. It's a pretty stylish little device with a good build quality but I ended up selling it.

My third and current one is the Starry V3. This is my favourtie of the three. Better battery life, adjustable temperature with an OLED display, really solidly built unit with a good weight to it and it comes with a neat little steel brillo pad looking thing so you can vape concentrates in it too. Oh, it's also less than half the price of the PAX3 at £75. No problems recommending it.

Starry V3: Amazon

Frogman_676

Oct 5, 2018
nope. i have nothing against pot smokers, but it doesn't mesh well with my brand of anxiety disorder apparently. i freaked the fuck out and cried my eyes out in front of my friend because i was terrified on it. i'll stick to booze and cigs, ty.

Reactions: Kev Kev

Torrent of Pork

Gold Member
Aug 29, 2018
Bartow, Florida, USA
Wow great post. Nice information. I may have to PM Musky about making this part of a Trucker OT or something. Thanks for the reply!
So they basicly want you on uppers so you can keep driving? JK but I do hear staying awake is a problem, especially when you are behind or need to make up time.
Nothing against anyone and im sure its for legal reasons but I would rather take a stoned driver over a very tired driver.
I appologise for the 1.5 year delay, but I noticed the necrobump, and decided to see what I posted.

It sounds wierd, but drivers develope a stamina for sitting in a chair for hours on end, dealing with the absolute boredom of the road just so they can react in a split second to the stupidity of others in a split second. Just yesterday I had a drunk/suicidal motherfucker run me into a different lane as he barged his way over while merging onto the interstate. The only reason he isn't dead is because the middle lane was clear; otherwise be would have slammed into my drive tires, and bounced off into the trees, or worked his way under my trailer to get crushed by my trailer tires. The scariest thing is that I was passing another truck that was in the middle lane, and couldn't have been clear of him more than 10 feet. If I was not clear I would not have swerved, and somebody would likely be dead due to their own stupidity.

Luckily these aren't the days of doing blow in the truck stop bathroom to keep you going for 30+ hours while running 3 logbooks. The regulations mandate a 10 hour break between shifts, and most big companies have policies restricting the distance you can live from the hard where the truck is stored if you're a local driver.

Trust me though, you desperately want truck drivers to be well rested, and 100% stone sober.

Reactions: TrainedRage
Mar 29, 2020
I have no moral objection to it, but I find it makes me paranoid and I don't really enjoy it.

And I find people into weed boring because it's all they talk about. It's just not my thing.

I prefer shrooms but I don't do them very often.

TrainedRage

Feb 3, 2018
USA
I appologise for the 1.5 year delay, but I noticed the necrobump, and decided to see what I posted.

It sounds wierd, but drivers develope a stamina for sitting in a chair for hours on end, dealing with the absolute boredom of the road just so they can react in a split second to the stupidity of others in a split second. Just yesterday I had a drunk/suicidal motherfucker run me into a different lane as he barged his way over while merging onto the interstate. The only reason he isn't dead is because the middle lane was clear; otherwise be would have slammed into my drive tires, and bounced off into the trees, or worked his way under my trailer to get crushed by my trailer tires. The scariest thing is that I was passing another truck that was in the middle lane, and couldn't have been clear of him more than 10 feet. If I was not clear I would not have swerved, and somebody would likely be dead due to their own stupidity.

Luckily these aren't the days of doing blow in the truck stop bathroom to keep you going for 30+ hours while running 3 logbooks. The regulations mandate a 10 hour break between shifts, and most big companies have policies restricting the distance you can live from the hard where the truck is stored if you're a local driver.

Trust me though, you desperately want truck drivers to be well rested, and 100% stone sober.
I have been watching a lot of trucking videos on YouTube and it makes me want to jump in. Again the only hang up is weed. Like, I wouldn't smoke and drive but having a smoke at night after work is really important and im not sure I want to give that up. I wish it was legal. Seems like such a perfect fit job for me. Thanks for sharing the story :pie_worried: and info.

Kayoba

Neo Member
May 3, 2020
Never have, though I used to be liberal about it and didn't cared if people used it or not.

That is until I got a drug addict as a neighbor and now I see weed as a cancer.