• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you smoke weed?

Jayjayhd34

I used to then got serious with drugs with rise so called legal highs got very mentally ill wants they stopped being very readily available ended being sectioned, dignoised put on meds. Tried going back to smoking weed just makes high for bit tolerance builds and I'm back thinking about other drugs, after few relasples and few more times in hospital just decided drugs where not me.

Fast forward couple years I'm doing well living in nicer area a nice home good income, have giving up smoking and replaced with vaping.

Think about weed all time if eighth would be worth it. Then just things I've achieved regret ever going near shitty stuff so it's entirely on me and very well enjoy weed every night if hadn't gone near that all that stuff.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
i broke my glass bowl last weekend lol. so im in the market for a new piece. was thinking of popping to the gas station for another glass one-hitter, but maybe i should get something else.

can anyone recommend a low cost vape? been considering going the vape route for a while. i hear it's a great way to stretch your supply which is probably my biggest reason. or is that just a myth?

anyways some recommendations would be good.

i broke my glass bowl last weekend lol. so im in the market for a new piece. was thinking of popping to the gas station for another glass one-hitter, but maybe i should get something else.

can anyone recommend a low cost vape? been considering going the vape route for a while. i hear it's a great way to stretch your supply which is probably my biggest reason. or is that just a myth?

anyways some recommendations would be good.
I've owned three portable dry herb vapes over the years. First was the Magic Flight Launch Box. It's pretty basic, it works but the batteries don't last long at all.

My second one was the PAX2. This was better than the the MFLB but again, the battery life ain't great and for the PAX2 there is no temperature control. I believe the PAX3 has it but requires an app to adjust the temps. It's a pretty stylish little device with a good build quality but I ended up selling it.

My third and current one is the Starry V3. This is my favourtie of the three. Better battery life, adjustable temperature with an OLED display, really solidly built unit with a good weight to it and it comes with a neat little steel brillo pad looking thing so you can vape concentrates in it too. Oh, it's also less than half the price of the PAX3 at £75. No problems recommending it.

Starry V3: Amazon

Kev Kev

finally got my MMJ card! 🎉🎉🎉

been smoking for about 20 years now, and i just took my first ever legal hit of that sweet, sweet mary-jew-wanna

ok well its still illegal on fed level but you know what i mean. man i feel so much better too, my anxiety is nearly non existent. celebration smokin tonite :messenger_fire::messenger_fire::messenger_fire:😌😌😌

Wow great post. Nice information. I may have to PM Musky about making this part of a Trucker OT or something. Thanks for the reply!
So they basicly want you on uppers so you can keep driving? JK but I do hear staying awake is a problem, especially when you are behind or need to make up time.
Nothing against anyone and im sure its for legal reasons but I would rather take a stoned driver over a very tired driver.
I appologise for the 1.5 year delay, but I noticed the necrobump, and decided to see what I posted.

It sounds wierd, but drivers develope a stamina for sitting in a chair for hours on end, dealing with the absolute boredom of the road just so they can react in a split second to the stupidity of others in a split second. Just yesterday I had a drunk/suicidal motherfucker run me into a different lane as he barged his way over while merging onto the interstate. The only reason he isn't dead is because the middle lane was clear; otherwise be would have slammed into my drive tires, and bounced off into the trees, or worked his way under my trailer to get crushed by my trailer tires. The scariest thing is that I was passing another truck that was in the middle lane, and couldn't have been clear of him more than 10 feet. If I was not clear I would not have swerved, and somebody would likely be dead due to their own stupidity.

Luckily these aren't the days of doing blow in the truck stop bathroom to keep you going for 30+ hours while running 3 logbooks. The regulations mandate a 10 hour break between shifts, and most big companies have policies restricting the distance you can live from the hard where the truck is stored if you're a local driver.

Trust me though, you desperately want truck drivers to be well rested, and 100% stone sober.

I have no moral objection to it, but I find it makes me paranoid and I don't really enjoy it.

And I find people into weed boring because it's all they talk about. It's just not my thing.

I prefer shrooms but I don't do them very often.

Facts

BWG24zt.jpg

TrainedRage

Banned
I appologise for the 1.5 year delay, but I noticed the necrobump, and decided to see what I posted.

It sounds wierd, but drivers develope a stamina for sitting in a chair for hours on end, dealing with the absolute boredom of the road just so they can react in a split second to the stupidity of others in a split second. Just yesterday I had a drunk/suicidal motherfucker run me into a different lane as he barged his way over while merging onto the interstate. The only reason he isn't dead is because the middle lane was clear; otherwise be would have slammed into my drive tires, and bounced off into the trees, or worked his way under my trailer to get crushed by my trailer tires. The scariest thing is that I was passing another truck that was in the middle lane, and couldn't have been clear of him more than 10 feet. If I was not clear I would not have swerved, and somebody would likely be dead due to their own stupidity.

Luckily these aren't the days of doing blow in the truck stop bathroom to keep you going for 30+ hours while running 3 logbooks. The regulations mandate a 10 hour break between shifts, and most big companies have policies restricting the distance you can live from the hard where the truck is stored if you're a local driver.

Trust me though, you desperately want truck drivers to be well rested, and 100% stone sober.
I have been watching a lot of trucking videos on YouTube and it makes me want to jump in. Again the only hang up is weed. Like, I wouldn't smoke and drive but having a smoke at night after work is really important and im not sure I want to give that up. I wish it was legal. Seems like such a perfect fit job for me. Thanks for sharing the story :pie_worried: and info.

Kayoba

Never have, though I used to be liberal about it and didn't cared if people used it or not.

That is until I got a drug addict as a neighbor and now I see weed as a cancer.

Kev Kev

im looking for a vape pen case to keep in my car. the main idea is to keep concealed, but more so to keep it from getting hot :messenger_fire:

anyone know of something out there like this? i checked amazon but i cant find anything quite like it. or at least the ones i can find are like small purse or lunch box sized. im looking for something compact

im looking for a vape pen case to keep in my car. the main idea is to keep concealed, but more so to keep it from getting hot :messenger_fire:

anyone know of something out there like this? i checked amazon but i cant find anything quite like it. or at least the ones i can find are like small purse or lunch box sized. im looking for something compact
Dynavap + induction heater or Arizer air/solo. If you can spend a little more, Storz and Bickel - Mighty.

sobaka770

Banned
Never, but I do have people around who do that work for me.

Don't know just got pretty strict aversion to anything that may pollute my lungs. Totally open to others doing so, it's still illegal here.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Never have, never will - no strong feelings about others doing it.
smoked it for a time in 2014-2015. I was overweight/over eating, developed lung infections, and my immune system bottomed -out a few months after I quit and down 3-weeks in a hospital. Bottom line: if you smoke any burning plant (inhale any variation of tar and carbon monoxide); you're going to end up dead sooner than later. Yeah, we all die...smoking anything (especially something as raw and tarry as weed is going to kill you). There are no health benefits. People love to argue the "benefits" of something they're addicted to...and seem to arrogant to admit the negative effects of such. Mind you, I was smoking 1/8 in like 4-5 days for a year -- imagine what that did to my brian...er...brain.

Kev Kev

I've never tried marijuana but I've always wanted to. Just awaiting that legalization.
is it legal medicinally where you are?

reupped, couple vape carts and a bunch of hybrid strains
are the hybrids that noticeable of a difference? havent tried those yet, just different kinds of indica (vape, flower, pre roll) and a sativa vape. i was def a fan of the indica, neither really gave me anxiety though, which was good of course, i just thought the indica was a heavier high

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
is it legal medicinally where you are?

are the hybrids that noticeable of a difference? havent tried those yet, just different kinds of indica (vape, flower, pre roll) and a sativa vape. i was def a fan of the indica, neither really gave me anxiety though, which was good of course, i just thought the indica was a heavier high
i don't notice much difference between hybrids and whatever proportions you can mix on your own

Last edited:

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
just do that man. this shit is great for anxiety and depression, self esteem, creativity, and you can get low dose stuff and try some of the higher thc content stuff whenever your ready

We'll see. Maybe when the wife and I are out of our apartment and into a home (hopefully by the end of the year) and I'll have a back porch or something to enjoy it properly.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
We'll see. Maybe when the wife and I are out of our apartment and into a home (hopefully by the end of the year) and I'll have a back porch or something to enjoy it properly.
No need for that. Just get a G Pen ($20) and buy a THC cartridge (50$-80$). And you will be set for weeks (or a week if you are me). They can hit like a truck if you go the full 10 seconds or can be a quick pick me up if you just take a puff. The best part is, no lingering smell, at all. Yeah you see the vapor and can smell/taste it quickly after. But like 5 seconds later there is literally no smell.

After 20+ years of smoking herb, I find its my personal favorite, the most convenient, and the most portable. Aside from the damn concentrate hitting like a Mac truck.
Example: You smoke a bowl of herb and you burn up much of the TCH in the flame, the bud itself is only a 20% max TCH level. So you're getting much less of the actual good stuff.
Meanwhile im vaping a cartridge that has 90-95% THC concentrate, there is no flame to 'burn' the THC and there is no inhaling of carcinogens. Its just you and the vapor/THC/glycerin.

I ran out a few weeks ago and didn't feel the need to buy more. It's also a bit of an addiction test to see how hard it is.

First days I had a few automatic cravings though, but now it doesn't enter my mind at all. Had a few uncharacteristically vivid dreams though.

TrainedRage

Banned
I ran out a few weeks ago and didn't feel the need to buy more. It's also a bit of an addiction test to see how hard it is.

First days I had a few automatic cravings though, but now it doesn't enter my mind at all. Had a few uncharacteristically vivid dreams though.
Happened to me too when I stopped smoking or didn't smoke at night, but it went away after a while.

Tesseract

Banned

i'm usually aight after a day, work out harder to get ahead of the edge

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
i've run into strange tolerance firewalls with vapes, not sure if receptors tuned out or what

last two brands did nothing, lady friends all got knocked on their asses tho

lsd fills the gap for me in those cases, lower doses jolt creativity and focus for work performance and the like

Last edited:

Kev Kev

i quit for 2 years and it sucked. never again. not even one day lol

Top Bottom