• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you smoke weed?

Truck driver who likes money over weed, so no I don't smoke. Even if I didn't get popped by randoms I still doubt I would, since weed made me a lazy worthless shit when I was younger.

Ivellios

Never tried it myself, but sometimes im tempted just to know what it feels like when friends are using and im not.

But i still have not done because in kinda scared of using it, as im heavily against recreational drugs in general.

I doubt using it sometimes have any permanent effect though, but using it everyday has been shown to cause permanet damage on the brain, along other problems.

There is a recent scientific article from this year that proves this, i will try to find it later.

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
Never tried it myself, but sometimes im tempted just to know what it feels like when friends are using and im not.

But i still have not done because in kinda scared of using it, as im heavily against recreational drugs in general.

I doubt using it sometimes have any permanent effect though, but using it everyday has been shown to cause permanet damage on the brain, along other problems.

There is a recent scientific article from this year that proves this, i will try to find it later.

TrainedRage

Banned
Truck driver who likes money over weed, so no I don't smoke. Even if I didn't get popped by randoms I still doubt I would, since weed made me a lazy worthless shit when I was younger.
I have honestly thought about becoming a driver during the summer. Can't you be a kind of independent driver and rent a cab? I think it would be really cool to drive the country in a nice sleeper cab and be able to Netflix/game/smoke and drive.

TrainedRage

Banned
Gander Gander
That would be the way I smoke leaves. But now I like using a water vaporizer. Much like a bong it cleans up the harshness and provides a cleaner and more subtle way to get high. I would recommend you try it. You can easily vaporize dry herb if that's what's available instead of wax. I used a PAX and now Eruption, but some people swear by the Volcano. If you can give it a try. Like I said, you will be like, that didn't hit me hard and no smoke came out. But then 2 min later you are sitting in on the kitchen floor wondering what the password to the microwave is.

Last edited:

Meesh

Subbing to this bad boy for later!

I'm not up on all the paraphernalia... used to rollies.
But my GF got me this vapo-pen-transformer-mah dooey thing... I'm using it now. I got the shatter stuff in the thing and I'm having the stuff. That's all I know.

I have honestly thought about becoming a driver during the summer. Can't you be a kind of independent driver and rent a cab? I think it would be really cool to drive the country in a nice sleeper cab and be able to Netflix/game/smoke and drive.
It's still possible to make money being an owner-operator, but it's almost impossible to break into the industry as fully independent. I just woke up for work, but I'll say more on the subject later.

TrainedRage

Banned
I always smoke joints.

I have never tried a bong or something like that. Shall I bother?
I always recommend trying new ways. Obviously a bong us not as portable and takes time to fill and clean. But it's pretty smooth and depending on the size of the bong you can take a HUGE hit.

Nothing better than using some Gatorade and ice cubes in a bong. Gives you a cool fruity taste.

You may end up saving more weed rather than wasting quite a bit while that joint or blunt is burning.

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
I don't smoke weed but I did vote for it to be legalized here in Massachusetts because I have plenty of family and friends that do smoke and I have never seen a good reason for it not to be legal.

But with that being said in the last 2 years since it was legalized the amount of people smoking weed in public has skyrocketed around Boston. I mean it was there before but never to this extent. I can barely walk through downtown crossing or a few of the subway stations without the smell of weed everywhere, in some cases people just blowing smoke around others as they walk by. Me and my brother had to kick 2 teenagers off a red line train I was on with my 3 year old son cause they wouldnt stop vaping near us and thought it was funny, it is getting ridiculous.

I also drive home through pretty heavy traffic everyday it takes me about an hour and a half to get from work to where I pick up my son from daycare and at least once a day I can smell weed coming from cars in front of me in traffic. I have been commuting for 20 years and I never noticed that to this extent before.

I really am for the legalization of weed and I know this doesnt apply to all weed smokers but for the love of god if you want people to respect your rights to smoke weed then respect the rights of those that choose not to and keep that shit to yourself please and be more courteous of those around you.

Mahadev

Very rarely. Without exaggerating the least I can tell you that it affects me negatively days after using it, it's fun with friends, although not as fun as some people find it, but I still prefer alcohol. I can get piss drunk have a small hangover and that's it, weed on the other hand slows me down for a long time and affects my memory both temporary and I suspect permanently too. I guess my brain isn't made for weed for some reason.

Z..

Never. And I don't think drugs are good for our society, but that's just me.

Considering the cultural revolution in the 60s was sparked by recreational drug use, that's a mighty big claim. Just as an example, not sure your username refers to the band or not but they'd never even exist if drugs hadn't been around.

Blade2.0

Very rarely. Without exaggerating the least I can tell you that it affects me negatively days after using it, it's fun with friends, although not as fun as some people find it, but I still prefer alcohol. I can get piss drunk have a small hangover and that's it, weed on the other hand slows me down for a long time and affects my memory both temporary and I suspect permanently too. I guess my brain isn't made for weed for some reason.
Getting drunk isa lot worse for your body

xsarien

daedsiluap
I sometimes use it recreationally in the form of edibles, but most of the time it's a heavy CBD dose for medical purposes to get a leash around some very real anxiety issues. CBD does not make you high. I treat the more THC heavy stuff it like I would treat a drink: To take the edge off of the day or just to generally relax. Substance abuse is substance abuse is substance abuse. Too much drinking in any given week is unhealthy, same with too much pot.

Eyeron

I was in Vegas a few weeks ago. First time since NV legalized it. Bought a disposable vape pen and a 100mg bag of gummies. I ate a few and went to Beatles Love by Cirque du Soleil at the Mirage with my wife. Not a huge Beatles guy but it was fucking incredible. Got a bit too crossfaded after chugging a 32oz cocktail at the show but some Shake Shack balanced me out afterwards. Can’t wait to go again in a few months to escape the PNW gloom.

Last edited:
Should be.

We need to make up names for it!

"Nothing but pot smoking and bake sales" the OT.

Talking pot and edibles.

I third, motion passed. Upto TrainedRage to contact admin for thread title change.

Gonna make some green butter this weekend and bake some brownies with it, or just on some toast. I've been smoking the leaves as well, feel like a decent cbd high but have to use more of it than bud.

KRAai

yeah i do like 2 times a week
friday and saturday but not much
1 maybe 2 joints after some beers
i mean it's not that exciting because it's legal here in netherlands for quite some time
but still i love watching shit and listening music stoned :messenger_dizzy:

lil puff

yeah i do like 2 times a week
friday and saturday but not much
1 maybe 2 joints after some beers
i mean it's not that exciting because it's legal here in netherlands for quite some time
but still i love watching shit and listening music stoned :messenger_dizzy:
this is a nice verse of a song.

not sure about you but i feel like your avatar is making fun of me :messenger_dizzy:
and i didn't even smoke yet

729964.jpg

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Just recently started(newly legal in Ontario now) so far its been a better alternative then drinking :)
my recommendation for Vaporizer is the Airizer Solo II. I would call it an around the house portable tho, not an on the go portable.
Great design, fantastic battery life, I really prefer their glass inserts being what you pac vs packing the oven.
really great flavor and good vapor for a dry herb vape.

My recommendation for SleepAid strain is Bali Kush very mellow and a great cure for insomnia
so far my favorite upbeat energetic is Strawberry Ice, its the only one i've tried so far that makes me want to play the guitar vs just watching a movie.
Solo-II-blue_1024x1024.png

Last edited:

Meesh

I third, motion passed. Upto TrainedRage to contact admin for thread title change.

Gonna make some green butter this weekend and bake some brownies with it, or just on some toast. I've been smoking the leaves as well, feel like a decent cbd high but have to use more of it than bud.
Yay!!!!!

So.... where you guys on shatter? Love it, hate it???

And does anyone here seriously believe what they tell you at the dispensaries about certain weed giving "more energy, or more relaxing"? Really I feel like it all smokes the same....

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
Yay!!!!!

And does anyone here seriously believe what they tell you at the dispensaries about certain weed giving "more energy, or more relaxing"? Really I feel like it all smokes the same....

Shatter is the jewel in the rough.

Yay!!!!!

The three types have different effects. An indica heavy one will be the blaze and chill, the sativa heavy means you get a milder longer high, so can still leave the house and have a relaxed day out. The ones with at least 5% cbd give you a physical high, and are good for relaxing after work. Research bro, there's been a lot of "research" done.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
The three types have different effects. An indica heavy one will be the blaze and chill, the sativa heavy means you get a milder longer high, so can still leave the house and have a relaxed day out. The ones with at least 5% cbd give you a physical high, and are good for relaxing after work. Research bro, there's been a lot of "research" done.
EDIT: Nvm, I can’t read.

Last edited:

Meesh

I never would've guessed! Yeah I guess I'll look a little closer :)

Finally getting back to this post with a proper response. This is also a no-bullshit primer for anybody who wants to get into trucking, so nobody should take what I say as an accusation on their character.

Getting into the trucking industry is easy with a clean criminal record, and a reasonable driving record. A speeding ticket here or there is no issue, but a serious reckless driving citation might be a problem. A felony of any kind is an almost impossible obstacle to overcome, as is any misdemeanor surrounding thieving, larceny, or burglary. I hauled a 30 million dollar load of temperature-controlled pharmacuticals once, no reputable company will take a chance hiring a driver with a criminal record.

Assuming you don't have a trucker uncle who will take you on and teach you, you have the choice of going to a vocational school or going with a training company. Trucking schools will charge 3-5 thousand dollars to get you your CDL, and should get you placed in a company for further training. A training company will ship you out to their own school/program, and will fully train you with no money spent out of pocket, though you will sign a contract to drive for them for at least a year. For what it's worth I went to a training company, PRIME Inc., and I made 55k in my first solo year. PRIME pays better than any other training company I know of for student drivers, and I still recommend them for anybody looking to get into the industry. Walk in with $500 in your pocket, and a year and a half later walk out as a skilled tradesman.

Whatever you do, get your CDL learner's permit before going to either vocational school or training company. It shouldn't cost anything on the first try (it doesn't in FL), and you will be dealing with far too much crap when you start to worry about studying for a written test. Think military inprocessing, and then having to study for a fucking test on top of that. I used https://www.truckingtruth.com to study for my written exam, it's 100% free and will prepare you for aceing your state's exam with as little as a week's dedicated study.

Once you get your CDL you will be placed in a team training program where you will be paired with a trainer, and run the truck as a team. During this time the truck will be moving at all possible times, you will make relatively little money, you will make your trainer a shit-ton of money, and if you're smart you will soak up as much knowledge as you possibly can since this is your ONLY opportunity to do so. Make no mistake, team driving fucking sucks. One person drives, while the other one sleeps, typically back and forth from Cali to the East Coast. If you're anything like me you will know sleep deprivation like nobody outside of the military or fishermen know.

Just remember that your trainer actually knows how to drive smoothly, and that you're doing worse things to their sleep they're doing to yours. Also understand that a full-size cab is half the volume of a legally minimum prison cell. If you and your trainer are not ready to strangle each other by the end of it something went wrong. Keep in touch with your trainer though, assuming things went normally you will gain a true friend for life. I still talk with my trainer regularly after 5 years, and took a road trip on my vacation to attend his daughter's 16th birthday party.

Now you are a solo driver. Here are your categories of OTR (Over The Road) drivers ranked by independence.
Company driver
Lease driver, company authority, company dispatch
Owner-operator, company authority, company dispatch
Owner-operator, own authority, company dispatch
Owner-operator, own authority, fully independent
Definitions
Company driver - you are a W2 employee of the trucking company, you do not own the equipment
Lease driver - you are an independent contractor who is leasing the equipment from the company, and are responsible for its maintenence
Owner-operator - you own the truck
Company authority - you are driving under company plates, permits, and insurance
Own authority - you are driving under your own plates, permits, and insurance
Company dispatch - the company provides you with your loads, and often enough the trailer equipment
Fully independent - you book your own loads though your network of freight brokers

Now, onto the topic of this thread. Trucking is actively hostile to marijuana. The entire industry now does hair testing on hire, and random urinalysis testing is very common. From what I know of the industry this will never change, regardless of the legal status of weed. If I get perscribed perfectly legal narcotic painkillers for an injury I can't drive until I am medically cleared, and then piss clean. If you want to get into trucking you need to give up the MJ, period. There are some disreputable outfits that don't have such drug policies, but these companies will almost certainly fuck you over constantly, and they will get away with it as you will have nowhere else to go. Pissing hot at a reputable company will get you essentially blacklisted from anybody else you actually want to work for.

Closing up this post if anybody has any questions about trucking feel free to ask.

TrainedRage

Banned
Finally getting back to this post with a proper response. This is also a no-bullshit primer for anybody who wants to get into trucking, so nobody should take what I say as an accusation on their character.

Getting into the trucking industry is easy with a clean criminal record, and a reasonable driving record. A speeding ticket here or there is no issue, but a serious reckless driving citation might be a problem. A felony of any kind is an almost impossible obstacle to overcome, as is any misdemeanor surrounding thieving, larceny, or burglary. I hauled a 30 million dollar load of temperature-controlled pharmacuticals once, no reputable company will take a chance hiring a driver with a criminal record.

Assuming you don't have a trucker uncle who will take you on and teach you, you have the choice of going to a vocational school or going with a training company. Trucking schools will charge 3-5 thousand dollars to get you your CDL, and should get you placed in a company for further training. A training company will ship you out to their own school/program, and will fully train you with no money spent out of pocket, though you will sign a contract to drive for them for at least a year. For what it's worth I went to a training company, PRIME Inc., and I made 55k in my first solo year. PRIME pays better than any other training company I know of for student drivers, and I still recommend them for anybody looking to get into the industry. Walk in with $500 in your pocket, and a year and a half later walk out as a skilled tradesman.

Whatever you do, get your CDL learner's permit before going to either vocational school or training company. It shouldn't cost anything on the first try (it doesn't in FL), and you will be dealing with far too much crap when you start to worry about studying for a written test. Think military inprocessing, and then having to study for a fucking test on top of that. I used https://www.truckingtruth.com to study for my written exam, it's 100% free and will prepare you for aceing your state's exam with as little as a week's dedicated study.

Once you get your CDL you will be placed in a team training program where you will be paired with a trainer, and run the truck as a team. During this time the truck will be moving at all possible times, you will make relatively little money, you will make your trainer a shit-ton of money, and if you're smart you will soak up as much knowledge as you possibly can since this is your ONLY opportunity to do so. Make no mistake, team driving fucking sucks. One person drives, while the other one sleeps, typically back and forth from Cali to the East Coast. If you're anything like me you will know sleep deprivation like nobody outside of the military or fishermen know.

Just remember that your trainer actually knows how to drive smoothly, and that you're doing worse things to their sleep they're doing to yours. Also understand that a full-size cab is half the volume of a legally minimum prison cell. If you and your trainer are not ready to strangle each other by the end of it something went wrong. Keep in touch with your trainer though, assuming things went normally you will gain a true friend for life. I still talk with my trainer regularly after 5 years, and took a road trip on my vacation to attend his daughter's 16th birthday party.

Now you are a solo driver. Here are your categories of OTR (Over The Road) drivers ranked by independence.
Company driver
Lease driver, company authority, company dispatch
Owner-operator, company authority, company dispatch
Owner-operator, own authority, company dispatch
Owner-operator, own authority, fully independent
Definitions
Company driver - you are a W2 employee of the trucking company, you do not own the equipment
Lease driver - you are an independent contractor who is leasing the equipment from the company, and are responsible for its maintenence
Owner-operator - you own the truck
Company authority - you are driving under company plates, permits, and insurance
Own authority - you are driving under your own plates, permits, and insurance
Company dispatch - the company provides you with your loads, and often enough the trailer equipment
Fully independent - you book your own loads though your network of freight brokers

Now, onto the topic of this thread. Trucking is actively hostile to marijuana. The entire industry now does hair testing on hire, and random urinalysis testing is very common. From what I know of the industry this will never change, regardless of the legal status of weed. If I get perscribed perfectly legal narcotic painkillers for an injury I can't drive until I am medically cleared, and then piss clean. If you want to get into trucking you need to give up the MJ, period. There are some disreputable outfits that don't have such drug policies, but these companies will almost certainly fuck you over constantly, and they will get away with it as you will have nowhere else to go. Pissing hot at a reputable company will get you essentially blacklisted from anybody else you actually want to work for.

Closing up this post if anybody has any questions about trucking feel free to ask.

Wow great post. Nice information. I may have to PM Musky about making this part of a Trucker OT or something. Thanks for the reply!
So they basicly want you on uppers so you can keep driving? JK but I do hear staying awake is a problem, especially when you are behind or need to make up time.
Nothing against anyone and im sure its for legal reasons but I would rather take a stoned driver over a very tired driver.

Top Bottom