• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you smoke weed?

chaos789

Banned
I know a few people who have died from prescription drugs.

The most marijuana does is make people lazy and hungry. Personally it’s none of my business what you do with your body, so I say legalize all drugs.

In countries where drugs are legal, drug use is actually lower and treatment is more accessible and people are not being locked up and the systems are not full of repeat drug offenders who only become more hardened criminals when released from prison.

The war on drugs is about money, that’s all it’s ever been about. The creation of crystal meth for instance is a direct result of America’s drug war and hardened stance on the use of illicit drugs like marijuana and cocaine.

Last edited:

chaos789

Banned
That shit is awesome. I have a vape pen and use to get THC concentrate flavored like pineapple and fruit punch. Was so easy to control the dosage I was getting as well. Plus it was so easy to use, especially in the the middle of the night when you don't want to go roll a joint and smoke outside. The downside being it was too friggin expensive. I'm using a "dry herb" vaporizer now where I just use regular weed in it. Doesn't smell as much as smoking (although still smells a bit), but it's harder to control the dosage.

Nothing your doctor will prescribed will work as well for anxiety than weed. My doctors literally tried me with every anti anxiety drug out there (and they fucked me up more than weed ever did), nothing worked. Coming off Paxil was one of the worst experiences in my life. Fucking opiates nearly killed me as well, my fingers and lips would often look blue due to the lack of oxygen due to respiratory depression. Of course that isn't completely the doctors fault, that was due to me taking more and more due to it working on pain less and less. Coming off those was just as bad as coming off an anti-depressant. Don't assume everything a doctor gives you is safe. Doctors and Pharmaceuticals would rather push poison like anti-depressants/anxeity drugs and opiates for pain than explore the possibilities of marijuana. They could have strains with high pain killing or anti-anxiety properties with much less of a high, and refined enough to be taken in pill or other forms (CBD drops are in the right direction).

I was prescribed Klonopin for anxiety and I am still trying to get off this horrible drug. Down to 0.25 mg a day from 2 mg. This shit is poison and basically causes your brain to turn off its production of GABA which is your own natural anti-anxiety neurotransmitter. Which is why people go through hell getting off of this drug. The body has to adjust and start producing GABA again and it’s a transition and the process is hell.

And they tell you marijuana is bad.

The most marijuana does is make people lazy and hungry. Personally it’s none of my business what you do with your body, so I say legalize all drugs.

In countries where drugs are legal, drug use is actually lower and treatment is more accessible and people are not being locked up and the systems are not full of repeat drug offenders who only become more hardened criminals when released from prison.

The war on drugs is about money, that’s all it’s ever been about. The creation of crystal meth for instance is a direct result of America’s drug war and hardened stance on the use of illicit drugs like marijuana and cocaine.

All drugs definitely should not be legal. Coke is one thing, but drugs that are extremely addictive like crack or heroin will have makes its addicts do anything, and I mean anything to get more... from selling everything of value they own, to breaking into their friends or family's house to steal to support their habit, even pimping out their own kids.

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
63f970bcf823f2135b853cc644f36c01.png

Pimpbaa

I was prescribed Klonopin for anxiety and I am still trying to get off this horrible drug. Down to 0.25 mg a day from 2 mg. This shit is poison and basically causes your brain to turn off its production of GABA which is your own natural anti-anxiety neurotransmitter. Which is why people go through hell getting off of this drug. The body has to adjust and start producing GABA again and it’s a transition and the process is hell.

And they tell you marijuana is bad.

When I was coming off Paxil, for 2 weeks I had horrible head zaps. literally any time I moved my head, strong zap feeling through it. I am having an easier time coming off opiates. I was off marijuana for a week while I was in the hospital and I felt nothing. Well other than the disgust at what they were giving me for pain (morphine) and what I could be taking while I was home.

Meesh

Lol! Oh. My. Gawd. So I'm playing a little Mario Kart again with my GF who is still learning.
Me:
So look babe, I think that's us playing the track, it's a replay.
Her:
Oh ya?
*shows me driving by and nailing her with a koopa shell before the finish line*
Me:
Lol holy, that was you? .... Haha... sigh...
Her:
Me:
Daughter:
...that's the real you...

TrainedRage

Banned
Lol! Oh. My. Gawd. So I'm playing a little Mario Kart again with my GF who is still learning.
Me:
So look babe, I think that's us playing the track, it's a replay.
Her:
Oh ya?
*shows me driving by and nailing her with a koopa shell before the finish line*
Me:
Lol holy, that was you? .... Haha... sigh...
Her:
Me:
Daughter:
...that's the real you...
...They know.

TrainedRage

Banned
Got my 52nd birthday coming up this week, went ahead and sprung for the top shelf and got some sour og. It’s super upbeat and energetic yet you are completely smacked. I love it lol
Happy Birthday! Sounds delicious!
I got this new concentrate called "Clementine", It's a hybrid Tangie and Lemon Skunk.
It smells like a Grandmas flower garden. I kind of don't want to use it all because it smells so good and nostalgic.

Last edited:

Methamphetamine was first synthesized in the late 1800's, a long time before America's war on drugs.

Weilthain

Banned
I think my dog got stoned the other day.

I was about to feed her lunch but was doing some vaping just before. I’m fairly tidy with it but occasionally a little bit falls out when I’m refilling the vape.

It’s possible that she ate a tiny bit (like smaller than a pea) of already vaped bud. I cannot confirm that this was the case but I have good reason to suspect.

After my vape I take her down and feed her, since we had not long been outside we just stayed in for a nap. She lay down on the sofa and slept for about 2 hours.

Thought that was long enough nap so took her to the garden and she was kinda shaking a little bit and looked like she was going to pass out. Over night in the vet she was fine they don’t know what it was but I think I do.

It’s funny because she is ok. Will try to add photo I took thinking she was just being tired and derpy.

hV7e2iQ.jpg

nikolino840

Some of you ever smoked for the First Time in adult Age?

Is legal in Amsterdam,but not for minors...so...a 16 years old have to breaks the law even in those state where you can buy legally

I used to but after several years all I started to feel is the paranoia and anxiety, and none of the fun. Just wasn't worth it anymore.

I'd do it again occasionally if it was legal, or if I travel to places where it is. I would never do it frequently again.

TrainedRage

Banned
I think my dog got stoned the other day.

I was about to feed her lunch but was doing some vaping just before. I’m fairly tidy with it but occasionally a little bit falls out when I’m refilling the vape.

It’s possible that she ate a tiny bit (like smaller than a pea) of already vaped bud. I cannot confirm that this was the case but I have good reason to suspect.

After my vape I take her down and feed her, since we had not long been outside we just stayed in for a nap. She lay down on the sofa and slept for about 2 hours.

Thought that was long enough nap so took her to the garden and she was kinda shaking a little bit and looked like she was going to pass out. Over night in the vet she was fine they don’t know what it was but I think I do.

It’s funny because she is ok. Will try to add photo I took thinking she was just being tired and derpy.

hV7e2iQ.jpg
OMG that looks a lot like my English. What a goof ball. One way to sure fire tell if my dog is stoned, he will lick everything, for hours.

Meesh

Lol, so I've been playing Mario Kart with my GF while smoking a bit.
Things are tense on the Bell Cup, my GF has 3 bananas and tosses them ahead....

"Oh of course, I just got fucked by my own banana".

...much to my childish delight of course.

TrainedRage

Banned
Lol, so I've been playing Mario Kart with my GF while smoking a bit.
Things are tense on the Bell Cup, my GF has 3 bananas and tosses them ahead....

"Oh of course, I just got fucked by my own banana".

...much to my childish delight of course.
Is this like a thing you do together… Get high and Mario cart? If so.... marry that girl.

kingbean

I recently started seeing a girl that smokes weed on the daily.

Her stuff smells really good compared to some of the other stuff I've smelt. Dunno if I'll try it again, but it's been on my mind to give it a shot.

Heh, I tried it once when I was a party animal, but didn't like the taste of it. A former friend of mine used to smoke it in order to reduce insomnia. Not a good thing I told her.

Why do you think using cannabis to treat insomnia is a bad thing?

Because it doesn't solve the problem of restlessness? Also, it has the averse effects in my experience; the more she smoked, the more she had to "fight it". Glad she got over it after years of talking to a wall. LOL

TrainedRage

Banned
Because it doesn't solve the problem of restlessness? Also, it has the averse effects in my experience; the more she smoked, the more she had to "fight it". Glad she got over it after years of talking to a wall. LOL
I mean I would rather smoke some herb than take another Ambien EVER again. Stuff is poison.

badblue

This is entirely dependent on the person. Pot is not a magical cure-all and not everyone reacts to it the same way. Just because it didn't work for your friend, doesn't mean it doesn't work to treat insomnia for other people.

Pimpbaa

Heh, I tried it once when I was a party animal, but didn't like the taste of it. A former friend of mine used to smoke it in order to reduce insomnia. Not a good thing I told her.

I have been using weed for a few year now partly for insomnia (for pain and anxiety as well), and it has been working great for me.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Since we’re on the subject, has anyone here ever tried using cannabis oil to treat insomnia? Did it work?

Someone very dear to me suffers from a myriad of medical complaints and on top of that also suffers from chronic insomnia.

They have tried just about everything pharmaceutical and herbal to treat it, but with no luck.

So, I want them to try the oil.

I used to put pure thc distillate under the tongue, it hits hits hard and goes to the head quick. Very different effect than you get by eating it. The taste can be a bit much to handle, makes you thirsty as fuck. Also gets stuck to the teeth, but i didnt mind that as it keeps it in your mouth to slowly disolve by your saliva and make its way into your system the way any sublingual works.

I found it wrecked my tolerance though to a point where large dabs did nothing anymore.

badblue

Scopa Scopa

I was using cannabis oil for my insomnia before I switch to smoking it. It worked just fine. I only switched because the oil is a bit more difficult to get right now and I prefer the more immediate effects from smoking.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Scopa Scopa

I was using cannabis oil for my insomnia before I switch to smoking it. It worked just fine. I only switched because the oil is a bit more difficult to get right now and I prefer the more immediate effects from smoking.
Thanks for that. This person I’m trying to help has never touched weed (or any illicit drug) and gets drunk off a thimble of alcohol, so I’m strictly interested in the oil with the bit that makes you stoned (THC?) removed.

Was that the version you were taking? How effective was it for insomnia?

TrainedRage

Banned
I’m in Australia.

EDIT: Also, is cbd the oil extract I am referring to?
Upon further research CBD is legal ONLY by prescription in Australia. But I believe that's what you are thinking of. So it is possible. AU has some strict drug laws, didn't know that.
-----------
Marijuana contains both THC and CBD, and these compounds have different effects.
THC creates a mind-altering "high" when a person smokes it or uses it in cooking. This is because THC breaks down when we apply heat and introduce it into the body.
CBD is different. Unlike THC, it is not psychoactive. This means that CBD does not change a person's state of mind when they use it.
However, CBD does appear to produce significant changes in the body, and some research suggests that it has medical benefits.
The researchers noted that CBD reduced some symptoms associated with substance use disorders. These included anxiety, mood-related symptoms, pain, and insomnia.
However, authors of a review from Neurotherapeutics found that CBD may help to reduce anxiety in people with certain related disorders.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Upon further research CBD is legal ONLY by prescription in Australia.
-----------
Marijuana contains both THC and CBD, and these compounds have different effects.
THC creates a mind-altering "high" when a person smokes it or uses it in cooking. This is because THC breaks down when we apply heat and introduce it into the body.
CBD is different. Unlike THC, it is not psychoactive. This means that CBD does not change a person's state of mind when they use it.
However, CBD does appear to produce significant changes in the body, and some research suggests that it has medical benefits.
The researchers noted that CBD reduced some symptoms associated with substance use disorders. These included anxiety, mood-related symptoms, pain, and insomnia.
However, authors of a review from Neurotherapeutics found that CBD may help to reduce anxiety in people with certain related disorders.
It sounds like cbd is the one I’m talking about.

Yeah, they have only just started the process of legalisation in Australia. Last time I checked, there were only about two dozen doctors in the entire country that are allowed to prescribe it and none reside in my state. Sourcing it is not an issue for me though. I just want to know if it works for insomnia.

Top Bottom