• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you smoke weed?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Do not under any circumstances use THC when pregnant. There was a good Huberman Lab podcast recently on THC/CBD.
Oh snap, I need to listen to that. I remember he & Matt Walker mentioned not going to sleep high since it fucks up your sleep cycles. I'm curious what other data points to for general usage. Cheers for the heads up!

akimbo009

Gold Member
Doing 500mg worth of edibles at once, been 5 hours and barely felt a thing. store quality brands tio

The vapes got my tolerance up way too high or something

Way to fix that... But edibles hit different.

Should smoke leaf anyway :) (white window is my go to)

Dark Star

Living in Texas means enjoying delta 8 and HHC. I don’t smoke flower much anymore unfortunately. Ive been to Colorado and California and it’s a great experience going to real dispensaries.

Nowadays, delta 8 Gummies, 50mg sounds like a lot, but the “high” isn’t even as powerful as a 20mg delta 9 edible. Overall edibles are powerful and my preferred method of consuming. No smell, easy to be sneaky take them in public places like movie theaters or airplanes lol. and usually no strong taste.Most I’ve taken in one sesh is 300 mg and my tolerance has gone up because I could handle it nicely.

HHC is more uplifting and less couch lock than D8. It’s best to use HHC on weekend mornings and go hike or bike, play guitar, socialize with people. D8 for me is zoning out, playing video games, watching movies, tripping out alone. Vaping D8, D10, HHC and the other new alternatives…distillate is also powerful, but more fast acting, and it’s easier to dose. You only need a few hits if your tolerance low. I like mixing all the different types to get a complete experience.

Last edited:

akimbo009

Gold Member
Living in Texas means enjoying delta 8 and HHC. I don’t smoke flower much anymore unfortunately. Ive been to Colorado and California and it’s a great experience going to real dispensaries.

Nowadays, delta 8 Gummies, 50mg sounds like a lot, but the “high” isn’t even as powerful as a 20mg delta 9 edible. Overall edibles are powerful and my preferred method of consuming. No smell, easy to be sneaky take them in public places like movie theaters or airplanes lol. and usually no strong taste.Most I’ve taken in one sesh is 300 mg and my tolerance has gone up because I could handle it nicely.

HHC is more uplifting and less couch lock than D8. It’s best to use HHC on weekend mornings and go hike or bike, play guitar, socialize with people. D8 for me is zoning out, playing video games, watching movies, tripping out alone. Vaping D8, D10, HHC and the other new alternatives…distillate is also powerful, but more fast acting, and it’s easier to dose. You only need a few hits if your tolerance low. I like mixing all the different types to get a complete experience.

Things are legal where I am.... D8 and what even worth it if you have the real thing?

Esca

Yes I do and very heavily. It so far is the only thing that helps my depression, anxiety, ptsd, and some migraines. I vape and do some edibles but I'm picky i hate the smell and taste of weed so it limits my selection some but I don't have much choice. Personally I'd like to stop use it but haven't been able to find anything else to help me yet

akimbo009

Gold Member
Yes I do and very heavily. It so far is the only thing that helps my depression, anxiety, ptsd, and some migraines. I vape and do some edibles but I'm picky i hate the smell and taste of weed so it limits my selection some but I don't have much choice. Personally I'd like to stop use it but haven't been able to find anything else to help me yet

I have a lot of death ideation, and it's the only way I don't obsess.

D8 is a lot less psychoactive than D9. There's plenty of people in legal states still going for the HHC and D8 and stuff like that because you can get a pretty mild high and not overdo it, less anxiety, etc. It's a nice alternative and I enjoy it.
You can pretty damn baked on HHC and D8, especially if you pause a couple of days in between, I've been doing HHC only for the past two months since I hate the hassle of having to do a drug deal to get weed, and for a slightly weaker, but legal here, high it does its job :D

Dark Star

It's plenty psychoactive. You can get just as much anxiety from D8.

True. But depends on your tolerance. I’ve been using D8 and D10 and others on and off since early 2021, mostly just vaping carts, and I remember getting absolutely zooted the first time I ever tried it.

Nowadays I need many hits to really feel it lol. Like it’s not even harsh on my throat anymore. Maybe it’s because I spent the last few weeks eating literally thousands of mg of thc in gummies lol. Either way I know if I smoked real d9 flower right now I’d be sooo baked compared to just vaping distillate.

Last edited:

lachesis

That awful smell of burnt weed... I don't like it. but, it reminds me of my late grand mother.
(Bless her heart, and miss her dearly.)
Not that she smoked weed - but she did mugwort moxibustion every night for her internal comfort.
She had this large man's fist sized moxibustion burner, that she carried around and burned every night - and actually left a donut like dark ring around her belly button.

Story is, back in early 90s, she went to China for sightseeing. She was already in her 80s, so she didn't give a damn about anyone else.
And so as usual, she burned the Mugwort in the hotel to help her digestion, after eating that heavy Chinese food in this high-end hotel in Beijing.

And... there was a loud knock. Fully armed Chinese public security!
And they thought someone was smoking weed in the room and was ready arrest/send them to the jail, and this elderly grand mother chased them away - not knowing a single word of chinese, waiving dried mugwort and the burner in her hands. We still talk about it and laugh, remembering her.

No, I have an irrational fear of not being able to control my consciousness or to be fully aware of what I am doing, and I feel like smoking weed robs you of that.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Good god. I had 600mg over the course of last weekend and it was a little much for me. 1800mg is… my hat is off to you.

Gonna go with a brunch this week, then, when I get home from work, take a nap and stay up all night, after munching on it. I'll eat the other half if I feel like ludicrous speed plaid isn't enough. I plan to eat it with some chocolate milk. It's a thick rice crispy treat lached with God's gift to mankind. It's so potent, it smells like weed itself, or it smells like straight up concentrate. LOL!

Man I am so jealous of you guys and your edibles. I was planning on quitting but damm; I get so much of it. As soon as I get my cash flow back(On unpaid Sick leave) I will get an ounce. My dealing has been sort of hounding me too since I'm not buying as usual and i don't want the business to close since I have no other sources.

Soberness kick probably over, not actually but mentally at least... it was costing too much at 220 and ounce, but I guess I'll have to learn to ration better.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
One thing I hate about heavy weed smokers is the smell. With some people you can smell them a mile away. Good lord dude spray some Febreze or something before you got to Walmart. I feel the same way about cigarette smokers or drinkers too. The weed stench tends to stick around more though in my experience.

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

One thing I hate about heavy weed smokers is the smell. With some people you can smell them a mile away. Good lord dude spray some Febreze or something before you got to Walmart. I feel the same way about cigarette smokers or drinkers too. The weed stench tends to stick around more though in my experience.
I probably only do weed like 4 times a year but I have noticed since I’m using an herbal vaporizer (https://arizer.com) there’s almost no residual odor as long as I use the fan in my bathroom. I never smoke it in my living areas and just puff away then sit down. Weed just doesn’t hit the same way each time for me so I still need to figure out the dosage: too much and I am a paranoid anxious mess. I honestly think that’s the one drawback of legal weed the dosing is very inconsistent unlike Rx drugs and the people dispensing them do not have a degree or likely any experience other than anecdotal than what worked for them. Like how do you know how many puffs is too much for you until you try it or you find Simone at the dispensary who’s got some pseudo pharmacist vibes? Gummies and edibles are another story because in one’s mind one bear is one serving but in reality it’s probably just the head unless you want to be really fucked up and really fucked up on weed (unlike alcohol which I’ve quit) is not a pleasant experience for me at all.

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
From 14/15 till 25 or so.

Really miss getting *one* with games, music and movies.

Depersonalization, paranoia and general anxiety disorder I don't miss at all; because I still got those hahahaha.....

=/

Perhaps there's a strain that resonates but I was smoking dutch power weed. Could be a clue.

Last edited:

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member

Depersonalization, paranoia and general anxiety disorder I don't miss at all; because I still got those hahahaha.....

=/

Perhaps there's a strain that resonates but I was smoking dutch power weed. Could be a clue.

I'd say an indica with high CBD ratio VS THC would do the trick.

MV9dV9L.png

Last edited:

Smokken

Banned
For some strange reason weed doesn't work on me at all. The only effect I get is very bad short term memory loss, which goes back to normal after a few hours. I've tried both smoking and edibles, high and low doses....same shit. My friends get all the positive effects, I get none. Weird!

Tried cocaine and speed too, barely feel anything. Must be some weird chemistry going on.

Lunarorbit

Doing 500mg worth of edibles at once, been 5 hours and barely felt a thing. store quality brands tio

The vapes got my tolerance up way too high or something
Yeah totally agree about store bought edibles. My tolerance is high and my buddy and I did 100mg of concentrated "wax" I guess you would call it and barely felt a thing. I was nervous about doing it and then angry cause I felt we got ripped off.

Moved to Denver and weed is SO cheap. The day before Thanksgiving one local store gave out a 1/2 Oz to each customer who spent at least $5.

In Massachusetts 1/8 are still selling for $55. It's fucking nuts. There's articles all over that the weed market is saturated and that's how much they still charge.

Everything is too expensive in Massachusetts

Lunarorbit

=/

I started smoking at 16 but stopped at 18 cause I had similar issues. Started smoking again when the pandemic hit and I enjoy it again. There's so much more literature and choices now that it's a much different and easier experience now.

My wife has general anxiety disorder too and it helps her.

Bragr

Banned
Yeah but nowhere in Europe it's so dangerous that people "won't take the risk" because the risk is quite minimal.
It's not about the risk, it's about not being a scumbag and giving money to criminals.

When I become president, I will enact a law that states that any individual who gave more than 500 euros to criminals in their lifetime will get retroactively punished for their contribution to the destruction of society. That will be a glorious day.

Bragr

Banned
You gotta be careful when the usage gets heavy and you have mental isssues, it follows the same addiction patterns as anything else. At some point, it increases the mental problems, not helping them.

Something that makes you feel good when you use, will eventually make non-usage feel worse. It rewires your brain into feeling worse when you are not high. It's a classic addiction mindfuck and you will be completely convinced it's helping you.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
It's not about the risk, it's about not being a scumbag and giving money to criminals.

When I become president, I will enact a law that states that any individual who gave more than 500 euros to criminals in their lifetime will get retroactively punished for their contribution to the destruction of society. That will be a glorious day.

Is that what the poster I was responding to meant tho?

Also how can you ever know who gave money to criminals. I'm not keeping books of my weed expenses and I'm ready to lie about it when your authoritarian terror state ever becomes real :D

Glad to hear the governments that made weed illegal 100 years ago based on fake science and a very shady political agenda get off scott free in your scenario, even though they created the crime and even victimized innocent end users.

"Glorious day"... I feel you're both too young to smoke weed and also to post here with that teen edge wisdom :D

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
Is that what the poster I was responding to meant tho?

Also how can you ever know who gave money to criminals. I'm not keeping books of my weed expenses and I'm ready to lie about it when your authoritarian terror state ever becomes real :D

Glad to hear the governments that made weed illegal 100 years ago based on fake science and a very shady political agenda get off scott free in your scenario, even though they created the crime and even victimized innocent end users.

"Glorious day"... I feel you're both too young to smoke weed and also to post here with that teen edge wisdom :D
We are already living in a crime-infested terror state because all the stupid rich people wanna get high on the weekends.

What wasn't based on fake science 100 years ago? now we know the real science. And it's showing that we are living in a world of addicts. Sugar, alcohol, and cigarettes. People can't control themselves. Weed is just another illness. People are so addicted and sick that we have to make it legal because they can't control their urges. It's a parody of common sense.

Brazen

We are already living in a crime-infested terror state because all the stupid rich people wanna get high on the weekends.

What wasn't based on fake science 100 years ago? now we know the real science. And it's showing that we are living in a world of addicts. Sugar, alcohol, and cigarettes. People can't control themselves. Weed is just another illness. People are so addicted and sick that we have to make it legal because they can't control their urges. It's a parody of common sense.

We live in a crime ridden society due to poverty and the ever-increasing distance between the haves and the have-nots and the corruption that entails where the rich/powerful have everything or a majority portion, including influence in our leaders. Weed doesn't create criminals even remotely close to things like empty stomachs or a bad relationship.

Not everyone smokes weed because they can't control urges, that's an oversimplification/generalization. I and many others in my circle do it on occasional weekends (usually events like superbowl or holidays) and have no addiction tendencies the rest of our time. We do it to relax, socialize, and gain a moment's reprieve from paining senses that our "hell-reality" loves inflicting upon our aging biological bodies.

With that said I will say that yeah more people should practice moderation in all things.

Top Bottom