• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you talk to yourself when you play games?

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Only when i'm frustrated or excited. Like in Oblivion, I had one lockpick left and was working on a Very Hard lock...I somehow picked the lock and once I heard the lock click out of place...I would say "Take that motha fucka" or something along those lines. I'm a very reserve person too :blush

mikeGFG

Banned
Not usually. I save my outbursts for the occasional victory WOOOOOOOOOOO!

Usualy reserved for Geo Wars high scores and overcoming super-duper difficulty modes

i had a friend who'd literally cry and shout expletives when he couldn't beat a stage on super mario world or [insert frustrating 16-bit era game title here] ... he was the real stoic military type and has never expressed any emotion, even to this day.

except for that day he got to the second fortress on SMW

Kuramu

i always talk to myself when i'm figuring things out... makes thoughts more concrete. So i'll say things like "now where did i see that switch earlier?.... oh yeah, near that rock thing"

I sometimes go "PIECE OF CRAP" and "YOU...YOU....A-HOLE!" when frustrated, for some reason I cannot swear when I'm uber pissed.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
When I play PES I talk to the TV, for instance, if Rooney misses a chance i'll say something like "how did you miss that you fat chav!" or if the ref makes a bad decision I'll say "shut it ref". i even do it when im with my friends. It seems to be an instinct.

Grug

I call bosses 'sluts'.

'Die slut!'

'Take that you filthy slut!'

'You like that don't you slut!'

'I can't beat this fucking slut!'

Harmonica

I only remember what I've said recently.

Oblivion - "OH you son of a BITCH!" "You fucking goblin dick face" etc.

Meteos (upon dying in a frantic game) "MOTHER FUCK"

So I guess all I do is trash talk...

Back in the day I used to talk to the FF7 characters if I had played more than a few hours... the insanity creeped into my head.

Mashing

Definately. It usually occurs in more difficult gaming situations or when I'm required to think heavily (for a puzzle or sometimes trying to remember what I should do next)

My friends and I make it a habit to trash-talk the videogame enemies while playing, especially when someone (other gamers, mind) is watching.

Jefklak

Unison said:
I say stuff like "Oh jeez" and "ugh" a lot.

Hehe, someting like

"please miss please miss" when I placed a unit wrong in some Turnbased RPG game
"please critical please critical" on any fire emblem game :D

General shoutings like "DIE SCUM" and "EAT THAT", very little, when there's some big tough boss or something like that. Sometimes I wonder in myself "where the fuck should I go now" in those roaming RPGs. Oh and "goddamned" a lot too when I did something stupid, again

Yeah mostly swears when failing a mission/dying...

And then I'll get more "philosophical" when confronted with overly cheap situations... for example: "Oh yeah sure, that spiky thing just HAD to throw me right back at the bottom of the tree! So goddamned cheap!"

Also after totally destroying someone in Tetris DS and wondering if he'll drop: "So, had enough yet?"

Only when I play online. Well or when the boss or a certain part of the game is too hard.

I've actually gotten complaint from neighboors cause of all the screaming at Madden Online

evil ways

Always. Especially when it's a co-op mission or when you have to guide and defend a CPU controlled character.

"Camina, hijo de la gran puta, muevete!!" - "Walk, you fucking son of a bitch, move it!!"

Victrix

*beard*
Alone? No. With friends? Oh yes. Multiplayer? Depending on my mood, I cuss like the filthiest sailor that has ever befouled the air with his vile words. Though, generally, it's exaggerated - it's fun to play the xbl 14 year old - because I'm generally either with friends in person, or with friends on voicecom, not actually talking to the idiots I'm swearing at (more frequently teammates than opponents...)

jarosh

for some bizarre reason when i play games i shout stuff like this all the time:

for fucks sake
how the fuck did i just...
die you goddamn bitch
what the fuck was that
etc.

it's bizarre because english is not my first language and i live in an environment where i never have to speak english at all.

"thats bull shit" "this game is a piece of shit" (just about all games are a piece of shit at one point) "this is impossible, they (the devs) dont want you to win"

things like that... sure...

Diablos

After I'm done beating a tough boss that may have taken more than one time, I usually put out my middle finger right at the tv while saying "fuck you". :D

KiNeSiS

Banned
When I play a good game I talk to my Penis.... The Penis Of Kinesis AKA The Pink Panther... AKA Pretty Vincent .... AKA The Clitoral Commandeer..

llTll

Banned
when i play winning eleven with my bro and score a goal after hard time, i start dancing and say " oh yeah" " oh yeah" to piss him off

or when i die or lose alot in PGR3 i say " c`mon you f$$king s$$t"

and maybe throw the controller after like 20 losses against VF4 or Tekken in hard

Beezy

"Fuck you!"
"This is too easy..."

Actually, I'm silent for the most part. If a game really screws me over (i.e. F-Zero GX) I say stuff like:

"Oh my god..."
"What the fuck?!"
"Maaaaan, fuck this game.*throws down controller and presses power button*"

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Yea, when I play with friends and without them.

Stuff like:

HOLY SHIT!!!
What THE Fuck!!!
Yo...how the fuck did I just die?!?
That cheap son of a ....
etc...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I only talk when something unfair or stupid happens. Then it's a lot of "FUCK!" or "COME ON!!"

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Kuramu said:
i always talk to myself when i'm figuring things out... makes thoughts more concrete. So i'll say things like "now where did i see that switch earlier?.... oh yeah, near that rock thing"

Yup. I do it during puzzles. "Rotate left, then get the other one from the other side..."

Only if I'm really impressed about something in the game or if the game is cheating on me.
I said a lot of oooohhh and aaaahhhh when I played both RE4 and God of War. I think I said the world "brilliant" like 250 times when playing RE4.:lol

Ranger X

"allez toute chier gang de criss de gages"
"essti de pute à marde"
"criss de slut de tabarnack va chier"
"kin mon essti"
"hahaha essti de fif"

and plenty of other stuff... i could list shit indefinitely i guess lol

I trash talk to my friends if we are playing an FPS or Sports game, but that is about it.

I chew my couch if I get really angry. It's weird, but it works.... well I only do it when I'm alone. Otherwise I'm usually listening to my iPod, and will start singing out loud if it is a song I like or if the game has good music I will keep my iPod off and hum to the music.

Jado

Banned
I was playing Metroid Prime Hunters online, 1v1. The guy I was playing *would not* fight me directly. Either abusing the sniping gun, using Weavel to split into a turret whenever I confronted him, or using Sylux to shock me without having to worry about aiming and running away superfast in the Alt mode... because he kept getting fucked up anytime it was a straight-up fight. At one point I got fed up and cursed out sniping little bitch, motherfucker, fucking coward, and "fight like a man, stop running" among other things.

Also, the usual occasional cursing or trash talk at difficult games or when I win against a tough boss.

Top Bottom