• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you talk to yourself when you play games?

belgurdo

Banned
I like to say "closed casket funeral" when I headshot or run over people in GTA games

Oh, and lots of repeating the spanish in RE4

IJoel

evil ways said:
Always. Especially when it's a co-op mission or when you have to guide and defend a CPU controlled character.

"Camina, hijo de la gran puta, muevete!!" - "Walk, you fucking son of a bitch, move it!!"

:lol

Mikey 2x4

pick up your hentai tomorrow
I'll say random shit like, "No don't go that way," or when I'm playing Ico (which I'm going through with my roommate at the moment) it's usually, "You damn slut, you got caught again? Shit!"

But nothing, NOTHING, beats this kid.

:edit: Probably not safe for work. Unless you work somewhere as fucked as I do.

Ranger X

Mikey 2x4 said:
I'll say random shit like, "No don't go that way," or when I'm playing Ico (which I'm going through with my roommate at the moment) it's usually, "You damn slut, you got caught again? Shit!"

But nothing, NOTHING, beats this kid.

:edit: Probably not safe for work. Unless you work somewhere as fucked as I do.

Man this kid is having some serious frontal lob problems

ghibli99

While I don't talk to myself, there is no end to the tapestry of expletives I direct towards my TV on a regular basis when a game is bending me over. I recently got back into IIDX, making my way through 8th, 9th, and 10th style, and I've basically hit a wall, having to crank it back to Light 7 for many of the upper-echelon songs. "You gotta be f***ing kidding me!" would be the #1 answer for this category on Family Feud.

jarosh said:
for some bizarre reason when i play games i shout stuff like this all the time:

for fucks sake
how the fuck did i just...
die you goddamn bitch
what the fuck was that
etc.

it's bizarre because english is not my first language and i live in an environment where i never have to speak english at all.

Same here, lots of "What the fuck ?".
Especially while playing MGS 2. :lol

Maybe because I always play my games in English.

However, I'm silent when playing with friends.

I talk to myself when I'm thinking, concentrating, or working on something. Not constantly but a little bit here and there, usually simple statements of conclusion or solution. To make them more concrete, like someone said earlier. I usually just mouth the statements though, I rarely if ever really actually speak them aloud.

When I played RE4 for the first time:

(Gets head chopped off): O_O "That's my fucking head!"
(Sees a plaga emerging from someone's blown off head) :'( "HOLY SHIT - HOLY SHIT - HOLY SHIT - HOLY SHIT!"

Ahhh. . . Yeah. Other than that, I'm pretty silent until I stumble upon a boss that has a daunting appearance; I just end up saying "Christ in a fucking box." several times.

I yell a lot when I play fighter games.. especially against roommates.

Oh. And DQ8 made me snarl and yell 'fuck!' alot whenever a boss used the "Ice wave" attack... if you've played the game, you know what the hell I'm talking about. :lol

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Oh yes...RE4 was a big time offender. I was dropping f-bombs and wtf's everywhere. My first time seeing a regenerator cause the biggest problems...then running into them again.

*Regen breaks out of cell*

Me: Yea...I thought he was going to break out *didn't read file*. Predictable as all hell...*Readies shotgun*

*Regen enters room*

Me: *Shoots regen*....HOLY SHIT!!!! ITS ARM GREW BACK!!!! *Shoots it six more times* WHAT IN THE FUCK!!! WHY IS IT STILL ALIVE!!!!!!!!!! *Switches to broken butterfly* *Shoots it again* WHAT IN THE F U C K!!! IT ATE A MAGNUM SHOT!!!!!!!!! *Shoots till it explodes*

And of course...that bs in the prison cell.

Me: Oh...A red herb! *Runs to pick it up*....Why does that sound so familiar? *Turns to see regen* HOLY *()&^(**(*&^&*^(&*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Hahahaha, Regen's were so easy to kill, nothing to them.

The blind blade men are what made me jittery and yell alot. Especially on pro mode when you have to fight TWO of them inside the second castle. You get bum rushed by a good .. 5 - 6 Illuminados along with those two fucks... and one of them just swings randomly and wildly.. so standing still and shooting doesn't work sometimes.

Ranger X said:
"allez toute chier gang de criss de gages"
"essti de pute à marde"
"criss de slut de tabarnack va chier"
"kin mon essti"
"hahaha essti de fif"

and plenty of other stuff... i could list shit indefinitely i guess lol

We French Canucks have the best curses, don't we? :D What are 'gages', though?

No.1

"Head shot! Boom!"

Hmm... not a lot of talking to myself. Maybe i'd laugh and say "shit, what were they thinking?", "woah, outdated graphics" and etc. Can't say I've ever talked my way through levels "ok, now I jump up here, turn around and there should be a guy here. Oh there he is. Cool!" Heh.

Ah yeah.. now that people have been saying that so much.. I do say "Headshot!" in Counterstrike tone whenever I peg off a Ganado or Illuminados with the pimped out auto-rifle.

Sho Nuff

Banned
My dad (late 40s) constantly talks to people in games. When I was back in the States visiting for Xmas, he was playing Half-Life 2 and was seemingly "filling in" conversations with NPCs.

"Oh my god, I remember you from Black Mesa, Barney!"
"Okay, can I have a weapon?"
"Oh my god someone help me!"
"Oh hey there... uhm can you help me?"

(BTW I don't think he's insane...well no more so than me)

dlow-

Mostly while playing while playing hard games I let out continual streams of curses and yell at the computer when it's playing cheap. I'm more prone to yelling at the news than to videogames though.

U K Narayan said:
Yeah, they were, but - boy did I shit my pants several times when I first blew the legs off of one.

D':<

Only when they jumped up like ... parapalegic midgets to bite your neck did I freak out and yell 'FUCK!'

FiRez

interjections only.
and mostly only in MP game

OMG
Did you see that!
How's that possible?
Damn it
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Take that
Triple Kill HA!

I spontaneously make up exclamations, although I've been repeating a favorite of mine since I coined it upon first playing F-Zero GX: motherwhore. I can't stop saying it. But it feels so right.

GZ!

Kankerzooi.
Godverredomme, KANKERZOOI! (F-Zero GX got this one a lot!)
Krijg toch de kanker.

You can also replace kanker with tyfus, tering, or other "terminal" diseases.

Thats basically what I say when things do not go the way I want them to go, in videogames that is.

Sorry for my fellow Dutchies, I know this can be quite "non-decent". But it happens.

So, thats basically what I say to games.

When multiplayering or something, I am far more patient. I cant take when I lose from the CPU, I can take it when I lose from my mates.

boo7z

"Oh my god what the f*ck!!!!" over and over...

This happens alot in WoW when I'm working on killing an Elite then I get ganked by other mobs.

ARGHHHHHHH!

Ranger X

PhlegmMaster said:
We French Canucks have the best curses, don't we? :D What are 'gages', though?

hahaha "gage" is having english pronounciation and means "gay", "queer", etc.
I think there's also an english word "gage" that means "queer" or something but i'm not sure.

Aurora

I only really talk aloud if I'm angry. If I get really angry then I smash things instead.
I remember once I was actually almost crying from fury while trying to complete one of the SMS retro levels, I ended up destroying my Wavebird by slamming it against the wall. :lol
I also almost ripped the top screen of my DS off when I died in Castlevania: DoS and realised I hadn't saved for well over 3 hours.

oblo

Mostly "kut, kut, KUT, KUT, KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTT!!!!" (not going to translate that) when things aren't going my way or "sterf hond!" ("die dog!") when killing enemies and lots of "pffft", "ouch" and "RRRAAAAAAA!!!"

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Unison said:
I say stuff like "Oh jeez" and "ugh" a lot.
:lol A toast to you, sir!
BiPolarGod said:
The blind blade men are what made me jittery and yell alot. Especially on pro mode when you have to fight TWO of them inside the second castle. You get bum rushed by a good .. 5 - 6 Illuminados along with those two fucks... and one of them just swings randomly and wildly.. so standing still and shooting doesn't work sometimes.
Ahem, I believe you have to fight two on normal mode as well (in EU version anyway). But yes, these guys made me squeal like a little sissy girl. When you run from where you made a noise and you just hear them yelling and crashing around behind you @_@
BiPolarGod said:
Only when they jumped up like ... parapalegic midgets to bite your neck did I freak out and yell 'FUCK!'
Don't even go there. When a regen first sprang towards me from a prone and legless position on the floor, I think I must have jumped higher than in my entire life. Absolutely horrible!

As for actual talking, when some friends and I are messing around on 2p San Andreas we trash-talk and put on stupid gangster accents all the time. Adds to the experience and humour =D I guess I complain a lot with fighting games, though only against AI I've attempted several times. No sense in bottling that rage up!

skybaby

jarosh said:
for some bizarre reason when i play games i shout stuff like this all the time:

for fucks sake
how the fuck did i just...
die you goddamn bitch
what the fuck was that
etc.

it's bizarre because english is not my first language and i live in an environment where i never have to speak english at all.
QFT
English isnt my 1st language either, and I usually shout WHAT THE FUCK?!?! :lol

Top Bottom