• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you think we'll see Megaman X Command Mission or Megaman X8 on PS4?

poodaddy

Forgot the X3 on the Collection is the PlayStation version. I miss the SNES soundtrack already. And "Bilzzard Buffalo". Come on.

Oh shit man lol. Yeah I feel for ya on that brethren, I'm playing through them on the Wii U e shop versions which are just roms of the SNES games so they're just like I remember. I tried that version on the collection back in the day; didn't make it past the first level as the music was just too butchered for me to handle. At least Zeros theme is still pretty good on the Saturn/PSX versions OST..... I mean there's that I guess :/

You gonna go for the gold armor and Z saber or finish it without?

I know it's basically cheating but I tend to get the saber just because it's so fucking cool man lol. It was the closest thing I had to playing as Zero throughout the whole game as a kid.

Oh shit man lol. Yeah I feel for ya on that brethren, I'm playing through them on the Wii U e shop versions which are just roms of the SNES games so they're just like I remember. I tried that version on the collection back in the day; didn't make it past the first level as the music was just too butchered for me to handle. At least Zeros theme is still pretty good on the Saturn/PSX versions OST..... I mean there's that I guess :/

You gonna go for the gold armor and Z saber or finish it without?

I know it's basically cheating but I tend to get the saber just because it's so fucking cool man lol. It was the closest thing I had to playing as Zero throughout the whole game as a kid.

I've been playing the collection so that the controls are consistent all the way through X8, but the soundtrack alone is making me think about switching over to the Wii U. I'll probably stick it out though, in all honesty.

Yeah, gold armor and Z-Saber. Might as well make things easy for myself. Although I'm not going to kill Bit/Byte during the first meeting. I like fighting Godkarmachine O Inary, largely because it has the best name ever.

poodaddy

I've been playing the collection so that the controls are consistent all the way through X8, but the soundtrack alone is making me think about switching over to the Wii U. I'll probably stick it out though, in all honesty.

Yeah, gold armor and Z-Saber. Might as well make things easy for myself. Although I'm not going to kill Bit/Byte during the first meeting. I like fighting Godkarmachine O Inary, largely because it has the best name ever.

Haha I did the same thing! I accidentally killed Byte but since Bit was still alive I still got to fight him. By the way, isn't it a little strange that the ray splasher is the killing weapon for Vile, Bit, and Byte? Always struck me as a bit odd that the weapon is so overutilized in that game. Just a weird observation. I'm thinking about finishing it again just to get the ending where Zero saves you instead of Doppler, but I think I'll just move on to X5.

By the way, how rad is it that my daughter asks me to play "Meman" as she calls it?!? So cute, and it's awesome that she likes watching one of the best game series of all time. She can't quite understand how to play it properly yet, but I'm sure she'll get it. She's 4.5 right now and I think I started playing MMX at roughly 6 or 7 so I'm sure she'll get it in a couple years. My wife tried it tonight too.....she hates it :(. She says the games just make her feel stupid, which I found confusing as the games don't require intelligence on any level; they mainly just require input precision and reflexes. Oh well, they're not for everyone.

Haha I did the same thing! I accidentally killed Byte but since Bit was still alive I still got to fight him. By the way, isn't it a little strange that the ray splasher is the killing weapon for Vile, Bit, and Byte? Always struck me as a bit odd that the weapon is so overutilized in that game. Just a weird observation. I'm thinking about finishing it again just to get the ending where Zero saves you instead of Doppler, but I think I'll just move on to X5.

By the way, how rad is it that my daughter asks me to play "Meman" as she calls it?!? So cute, and it's awesome that she likes watching one of the best game series of all time. She can't quite understand how to play it properly yet, but I'm sure she'll get it. She's 4.5 right now and I think I started playing MMX at roughly 6 or 7 so I'm sure she'll get it in a couple years. My wife tried it tonight too.....she hates it :(. She says the games just make her feel stupid, which I found confusing as the games don't require intelligence on any level; they mainly just require input precision and reflexes. Oh well, they're not for everyone.

Work impeded my progress a bit, but I've finished X3. It's not a bad game, but it's clearly a step backwards from X1/X2 for me. Seems like they just threw a bunch of shit at the wall and hoped it would stick. The ride armors and pink capsules are a waste of time, and it felt like almost every upgrade required backtracking of some sort. Really missed the SNES music arrangements. Gravity Beetle's theme is amazing.

I grew up watching my brothers play MMX. I used to watch them play all the time, and it wasn't until I was probably 10 or so until I was actually good enough to beat the games. They're short games, but they require some patience. I think the first one is remarkably newbie friendly though, which is why it's so good.

Verder

man command mission was a fucking 100/10

i loved it so much. Played it to the point i can probably draw the damn game maps accurately.

21XX

Banned
I was so pleasantly surprised by X8 after the garbage pile that is X7. Really enjoyed it and dig the redesigns of the characters too. Too they had to shove two vehicle levels in though.

I only played a bit of CM but I dug it. JRPGs aren't my thing anymore so I wouldn't be that excited, but I'd love it if any (or all!) of the Mega Man games became available on PS4.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
At this point they should just give the fans what they want and release an Ultimate Megaman Pack for PS4/XB1/Steam:

MM 1-10
MMX 1-8
MM Legends 1, 2 & Misadventures of Tronne Bonne
Megaman Zero 1-4
MM X Command Mission
Megaman Battle Network 1-6
Megaman ZX 1&2
MM Star Force (all games)
Megaman Soccer
Megaman The Power Battle 1 & 2
Rockman & Forte
Street Fighter X Megaman
Gallery mode featuring artwork and music form the entire series

All for $59.99 on a single disc. It's not like they're making Megaman games anymore anyway.

If they did this... I would die happy.

Realistically, I can see them doing a MMX collection at some point.

poodaddy

Work impeded my progress a bit, but I've finished X3. It's not a bad game, but it's clearly a step backwards from X1/X2 for me. Seems like they just threw a bunch of shit at the wall and hoped it would stick. The ride armors and pink capsules are a waste of time, and it felt like almost every upgrade required backtracking of some sort. Really missed the SNES music arrangements. Gravity Beetle's theme is amazing.

I grew up watching my brothers play MMX. I used to watch them play all the time, and it wasn't until I was probably 10 or so until I was actually good enough to beat the games. They're short games, but they require some patience. I think the first one is remarkably newbie friendly though, which is why it's so good.

Yeah the games absolutely require patience, which the wife has a short supply of, but I think my daughter will get better. She really impresses me sometimes with how she's learning certain games; for example she's getting damn good at Yoshi's Wooly World.

I definitely agree that the first game is super newbie friendly though; I mean the sub weapons are so OP. Basically just take out either Chill Penguin or Flame Mammoth first and the rest of the game's cake, especially when you get Storm Eagle's weapon. It basically just becomes a speed run at that point lol. Did you ever get a chance to play the PSP remake, Maverick Hunter X? It's pretty good honestly; it's mostly faithful but of course it falls a bit short of the perfection of the original. They remixed the item placements and story a bit, but it kind of works. You can play as Vile, which is.....alright. It feels kind of tacked on as every stage's music is the same when you're playing as Vile and the platforming difficult is just cheesy, and the edgy riff gets old quick as well, but I'm glad they tried to mix it up somehow.

Yeah X3 is better than X5 or 6 for me when I really examine them but it's definitely weaker than 4. I appreciated that they tried to get interesting with the mechs, but it just felt pointless overall as they weren't really that useful the majority of the time. Plus, Doppler's just not that interesting. That being said, the original SNES arrangements are some of my favorite in the entire series so it'll always maintain a strong place in my heart just for the music. My video game music playlist on youtube seems to be mostly comprised of either fighting game music, 90's PC game music, or Megaman music; and X3 is a great example of just how good the music can get. X4 and 5 still have great soundtracks, but they fall short of the SNES titles to me for some reason. It's weird that the more memorable soundtracks of the X series are on the games that utilized a fairly limited sound chip in comparison to the PSX or PS2 games; I wonder why that is :/.

Yeah the games absolutely require patience, which the wife has a short supply of, but I think my daughter will get better. She really impresses me sometimes with how she's learning certain games; for example she's getting damn good at Yoshi's Wooly World.

I definitely agree that the first game is super newbie friendly though; I mean the sub weapons are so OP. Basically just take out either Chill Penguin or Flame Mammoth first and the rest of the game's cake, especially when you get Storm Eagle's weapon. It basically just becomes a speed run at that point lol. Did you ever get a chance to play the PSP remake, Maverick Hunter X? It's pretty good honestly; it's mostly faithful but of course it falls a bit short of the perfection of the original. They remixed the item placements and story a bit, but it kind of works. You can play as Vile, which is.....alright. It feels kind of tacked on as every stage's music is the same when you're playing as Vile and the platforming difficult is just cheesy, and the edgy riff gets old quick as well, but I'm glad they tried to mix it up somehow.

Yeah X3 is better than X5 or 6 for me when I really examine them but it's definitely weaker than 4. I appreciated that they tried to get interesting with the mechs, but it just felt pointless overall as they weren't really that useful the majority of the time. Plus, Doppler's just not that interesting. That being said, the original SNES arrangements are some of my favorite in the entire series so it'll always maintain a strong place in my heart just for the music. My video game music playlist on youtube seems to be mostly comprised of either fighting game music, 90's PC game music, or Megaman music; and X3 is a great example of just how good the music can get. X4 and 5 still have great soundtracks, but they fall short of the SNES titles to me for some reason. It's weird that the more memorable soundtracks of the X series are on the games that utilized a fairly limited sound chip in comparison to the PSX or PS2 games; I wonder why that is :/.

Yeah, I've played through Maverick Hunter X a few times. I thought it was really well done for a remake. I agree that adding Vile as a playable character didn't add too much, but it was still a neat addition. I liked the Day of Sigma OVA as well. I'm sad we didn't at least a MHX2 as well, especially since I seem tor recall it was in development at one point. Powered Up was pretty good too, if I remember correctly, but that's the mainline series.

I think the X1-X3 OSTs hold more nostalgic value for me, which is why I remember them more fondly, but X4-X6 have really great music too. I don't remember how the music is in X7-X8, to be honest.

I started X4, playing through as X.The 32-bit graphics look really nice. I liked that they tried to do a little more with the story with the FMVs and the descriptions for the mavericks, but that voice acting is so horrendous I find it funny more than anything else. I'd love to sit on the process where they decided on these voice actors. Gameplay feels nice, although the level splitting is weird. At least I got a health refresh with it! Facing Ryu Dragoon in the ride armor is really cool. This game already did more with the ride armor than X3 did by allowing that.

Top Bottom