• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you use any game related sounds as your phone ringtone/notification sound?

Skyzard

Banned
Ringtone:
Bit.Trip Runner 2 intro theme

Notification:
Runner 2 Spring sound

download Zedge app.

Type in "MGS Codec" bam. done.

Thank you! --- damn runs at startup, bit OCD about apps that way, anyone know how to do it manually?

Ah I was putting it in the ringtones folder when it should have been 'notifications', doh!
Thanks anyway!

And already it's too alerting hah, changed it to the psx startup sound

Muku

No More Heroes theme song for my ringtone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e73EDBGrHQg

You are awesome!

I use the NMH main theme as my husbands ring tone. And any time iTunes decides to play that piece I instinctively look to my phone, ugh.

I also have Zi'tah (FFXI) and Garden of Life (WoW Wrath - Scholozar piece) on my phone for ring tones. Think a couple others from Wrath are on there now I think about it. God Hunters and Totems of Grizzlemaw.

Dartastic

Text message- Pokemon healing sound from the pokecenter, old school blue awesome.
Phone call - decent of the great goddess from Okami.

Volodja

I used to have the floppy disc version of the opening theme for The Secret of Monkey Island as a ringtone.

Now I just set it to vibration or use the default one.

Thank you! --- damn runs at startup, bit OCD about apps that way, anyone know how to do it manually?

Ah I was putting it in the ringtones folder when it should have been 'notifications', doh!
Thanks anyway!

And already it's too alerting hah, changed it to the psx startup sound

Zedge? It doesn't run at startup for me. Double and triple checked my apps list and running apps list.

I use mostly sound clips from Blood for message alerts. I use metal songs (non-gaming related) for calls.

various alert sounds:
"I like my hands bloody" (from Blood)
"It's howdy doody time kiddies, the bad man is here" (from Blood 2)
"It burns! It burns! Ahhahhhahhah!" (from Blood, have 2 different versions of this one)
"Lambs to the slaughter" (from Blood)
Half-Life 2 zombie scream
Xbox achievement unlock sound (for Twitter)

I get weird looks when my phone goes off in public.

Skyzard

Banned
Zedge? It doesn't run at startup for me. Double and triple checked my apps list and running apps list.

Ah that is strange, I didn't install it, it was just a permission it asked for in the list before you install. It was easy enough though, just put a "Notifications" or "Ringtones" folder on you sd card/internal I think might work too, shows up in the list.

Doesn't give you access to loads of cool sounds like with the app but paranoia etc. Just trying to cut down on all these apps before they takeover my phone.

KorrZ

For my ringtone I use the Max Payne 1 theme . I just use a stock Android tone for my texts right now, though I've always wanted to find the Silent Hill 2 item pickup sound, can't find a good quality version anywhere though.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
MGS Codec ring for like... god... years now.

Also i had the "Carrier has Arrived" sound clip for when emails came into my phone before I got a more professional job. Got annoying when i linked my work email to my phone and all of a sudden that one sound file was draining the shit out of my battery all by itself.

But yah... stealth codec thread.

Durock

Here are mine...

RINGTONE

-Jet Force Gemini Theme Song

TEXT TONES

-Dixie Kong's Donkey Kong Country 2 level completion guitar solo

-Battletoads level completion

-Jiggy Appearance from the Banjo-Kazooie series

-Donkey Kong's 'ohhhh Banana' phrase from Donkey Kong 64 when a Golden Banana appears

-Donkey Kong's 'Okay' from Donkey Kong 64. It is said immediately after turning on the game

-C-C-C-Combo Breaker from Killer Instinct

-Navi's 'Hey, Listen!' from Zelda: Ocarina of Time (appropriately assigned to my wife lol)

It's all generally Rare themed, which was my deliberate goal. Navi being the exception. Just had to get it.

richd_3

All from OoT-

Ringtone- Saria's Song
Text- Small item get
VM- "Hey listen!"
Mail- Heart Container get

I've actually gotten several compliments on the ringtone.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
This thread inspired me to set my ringtone to 1-1, and my notification to the Mario death sound. Other alerts are handled by the Zelda theme.

Niiiiice.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I've had a collection of Ace Attorney ringtones in my download folder for months, never got around to actually putting them on my phone. I'm so lazy.

Previously:

Text: "Hey!"
Voicemail: "Listen!"
E-mail: "Look!"
Calendar Alert: "Watch out!"
Lock: Navi in
Unlock: Navi out
Ringtone: Navi's flight

Now that my coworkers all use those, I switched to Skyward Sword

Text: Red rupee
Gmail: Small item
Hotmail: Large item
Voicemail: Heart container
Calendar Alert: Spirit Container
GVoice: Event
Facebook: Secret
Ringtone: Ballad of the Goddess

Gtalk: Kefka's laugh (because only one person messages me on there, and he loves FF6)

DarkPanda

My text/general alert sound in Navi's "Hey!" from OoT. I would kind of like it to be the full "Hey! Listen!", but I got the clip from the Zelda sounds app on the Android Marketplace, and I'm too lazy to find something else or splice them together on my own.

Orca

My SMS alert is the sound of an achievement unlocking. It's always kind of interesting to see who recognizes it when I'm in a meeting or something like that.

Codeblue

I used the Hunting Horn noise for when you go out on quests in Monster Hunter as a message tone.

For a long time I used the Brawl Rendition of the Town Hall Music from Animal Crossing as my ring tone.

So both are game related but it's not immediately obvious unless you're familiar with the games.

Edit: Also I learned never to use something I like as an alarm tone because I will loathe it for all eternity.

Top Bottom