• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you use digital vibrance?

• Thread starter Deleted member 325805
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
nvidia-digital-vibrance.png

I like it, I've had it anywhere from 60% - 100% depending on the game, for CS GO I liked 100% but for Overwatch I think 60% is great, it just makes everything pop a little more without being OTT.

MadSexual

I used to crank this back in the day when it was trendy for colors to be washed out. It was probably a poor aesthetic choice for the most part, but I remember Morrowind gained a lot of warmth from it.

For people who sound a little wary: it just increases the intensity of colors without regard to balance. It's a common parameter on basic photo editing software that makes people bright orange to red. It can look nice and warm with cartoony designs though.

Avallon

I used to, until I realized that it's just a saturation setting and it makes colors really unnatural. For example, skin tones go from natural to bright orange.

Nope. I already have my monitor and TV calibrated as best I can. Don't wanna ruin that.

Besides even upping vibrance by a few percent is a... Dramatic change, to say the least. I don't really care for it. It's like the vivid or show floor settings on TVs. Gross.

Nope. I already have my monitor and TV calibrated as best I can. Don't wanna ruin that.

Besides even upping vibrance by a few percent is a... Dramatic change, to say the least. I don't really care for it. It's like the vivid or show floor settings on TVs. Gross.

Man, vivid on TVs is the absolute worst.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
I have it at 56%.
Used to be at 70.
Now i touched it and my screen is fucked up. Dang.

SOR5

I did like that and dynamic modes and stuff but you begin to realise devs really don't create games with those modes in mind

Nope. It messes with colour accuracy and my monitor is calibrated to 100% of the gamut from the sRGB standard for consumer content.

If I want more vibrant colours it'll be better to either buy an sRGB monitor in the short term, and in the long term, wait until DCI-P3 becomes the new standard for consumer content, then hope that a lot of content you view on your monitor is designed for it. Currently the iPad Pro's display appears to be smart at supporting colour accuracy across both sRGB and DCI-P3 depending on content shown:

Since the iPad Pro 9.7 supports two Color Gamuts it needs to also implement color management in order to get the second smaller sRGB / Rec.709 Gamut to also appear correctly, which is generated from the wider native DCI-P3. Each display is individually calibrated at the factory. The iPad Pro 9.7 has a very accurate 103 percent of the sRGB / Rec.709 Color Gamut and 102 percent of the wide DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut. See this Figure for the measured Color Gamuts.

In addition, the iPad Pro 9.7 detects content marked with the wider DCI-P3 Color Gamut and automatically switches between the Gamuts so that content with the smaller sRGB / Rec.709 Gamut is accurately reproduced and not displayed with over saturated colors.

kromeo

I have it up to 60%, colours just look washed out without it to me, I'm used to the colour setting on the TV up high though

Too much and it starts to look like OG vita screen though...

Pagusas

Elden Member
no my career is in video arts and technology, I care most about 100% accurately reproducing an artist vision. Things like DV over saturate and destroy the intended image. I do understand though why some would like it and use it on uncalibrated screens.

No. I spend so much time calibrating my monitors carefully I dont want to blow that all away.

Im the guy that gets a nice Galaxy S7 Edge and turns on "Normal" mode display making everything look 'dull'. 'dull' is also accurate though!

Maxey

I had to use it years ago when my old CRT monitor lost a lot of brightness before it just completely stopped working.

After I got a new screen, I had no reason to use it.

Top Bottom