• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you watch the credits after you beat a game?

I never skip them in case there's something but I don't actively stare at them.

Sometimes I kind of just lay down and listen to the music if it's good, browse GAF and complain about the game until the credits are done

PooBone

No. I don't have time to look at the names of everyone who works at Nintendo of Japan, Nintendo of America, and everywhere in between. Credits on games are ridiculous. The marketing person's secretary from an ancillary development studio gets credited in things they've never even thought or cared about.

kagamin

I do the first time out of respect for the devs, if I liked the game (I almost never beat games I don't like though).

Kalor

I'll leave them on and start doing something else just in case there's dialogue over the credits or something after it.

KHlover

Banned
I always let them running for possible post-credit shenanigans. Actively watching them? Nah, waste of time.

JoshGrilli

Neo Member
I usually do because I'm interested in seeing who made it, but never because I'm expecting some sort of after credits scene. I'm pretty tired of every movie doing that nowadays. Metal Gear Solid is the only one I expect it from.

Mihos

Gold Member
Damn right, crack a beer and bask in the glory.

Depending on the beer count, I might even dance to the tunes.

JaeCryo

Banned
Everytime.

One, because my insane phobia finally paid off and I was rewarded for it in Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Two... because ideologically I feel the people who made the game deserve me devoting at least like 10 minutes or whatever of my time to acknowledge their effort. Obviously I don't sit there and memorize their names or anything... but it's just a tradition I've always had.

Pisses me off when they include every Paul Marketing and everyother useless position that gets jammed in there... see Ubisoft for the most ridiculous examples...

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Credits are far too long in modern triple A games. If I really loved a game and they had nice visuals I used to watch them but I'd rather not spend 15 minutes watching names go by nowadays.

Not unless they're interactive or unskippable. If I find out that there is some secret after the credits I'll just go YouTube it.

Acidote

I think I've only really watched the original Mass Effect credits. M4 Part II is just that good. Loved Faunts ever since.

Usually I just leave them running in case something happens while I'm browsing the net.

Patryn

As with others, I'll let them roll but I don't actively pay attention.

If they get obscenely long (20+ minutes) I may start to get impatient. Haven't gotten to the point of turning them off, however, unless it's a game that I've already beaten before.

Ferrio

Banned
Used to, not much anymore. The addition of developers adding every single member of every localization team that didn't even have anything to do with your particular version made me stop.

Pinky

Banned
Always. You never know if they threw in a little something extra afterwards(Easter eggs, new game modes, extended ending, etc).

iNvid02

nah, telltale usually remembers. although i just sat back after the last of us, it was one of those games

daveo42

Banned
I half-watch credits most of the time in the case that there is either another ending or thing after the end of the credits. I might hum along with the soundtrack if it was really good.

SigSig

I usually do. Leaning back after beating a game for the first time and listening to music from the OST is super comfy.

Red Hood

Banned
Only if shit is happening during the end credits, like when you see cool concept art or whatever. If it's just a black list with white letters, then nah, most of the time not. Maaaaybe if the game was so good that I need a few minutes to let it sink in.

Godcannon

Super Mario World- had all of the names of the characters and I admired the drawings.

DmC- I liked the song, and the extra video clips.

Smash- BEST ending credits, turns it into a game of Smash the credits!

If it's just names, then not really, unless there is some sort of engaging factor involved, or darn good music.

Windforce

No, I mash buttons to quit out asap. Why would I want to read a list with a bunch of names of people I have no idea they are? It's useless info.

Now if they added pictures or videos for each person or the teams, maybe I'd look at them.

Usually I let it roll while I do something else.

The only exception in the last few years has been Assassin's Creed Rogue because the credits had frame rate problems - the credit crawl had constant frame rate fluctuations between 15-25 (approximate) fps. These were also the famous super long Ubisoft credits too so I had to skip this. Only Ubisoft can make credits run badly.

Patryn

No, I mash buttons to quit out asap. Why would I want to read a list with a bunch of names of people I have no idea they are? It's useless info.

Now if they added pictures or videos for each person or the teams, maybe I'd look at them.

Play Gears of War.

The_Monk

When it's a game I had great fun playing or one that took me a long time to finish I enjoy spending a little reflecting time while watching the credits specially if they also provide a nice soundtrack while the names are scrolling.

Top Bottom