• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DoA5: Last Round PC will launch without online, will be patched in within 3 months

Nzyme32

Its such a shame. I really want tecmo to do well so they stick around on pc, but with stuff like this they will just see a hit to their sales

Buburibon

Eh, that's Ok for a first-time effort. I'm fine with it.

Me too. It's the first DOA on PC, so I'll give them the 3 months to patch in the online. Besides, I've gotten on board with other Japanese PC "ports" that had much worse problems (in my opinion) at launch that were never fixed. Dark Souls immediately comes to mind, as well as MGS Rising with its lack of support for resolutions above 1080p, and the 24Hz HDMI bug.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What's with the Kickstarter-Stretch-goal-esque "Pre-purchase Rewards" BS?

Is this a new thing on Steam?

The system debuted with XCOM: Enemy Unknown all the way back in 2012, but it fell out of favour rather quickly.

Actually it's a rather old thing I haven't seen in a year or so

The most recent game to use it was Tropico 5 earlier in the year. Before that, F1 2013, which is probably what you're thinking of.

Nzyme32

Me too. It's the first DOA on PC, so I'll give them the 3 months to patch in the online. Besides, I've gotten on board with other Japanese PC "ports" that had much worse problems (in my opinion) at launch that were never fixed. Dark Souls immediately comes to mind, as well as MGS Rising with its lack of support for resolutions above 1080p, and the 24Hz HDMI bug.

I suppose this is true. I have done similarly. My interest for this isn't as high though, so I'll wait it out first. I'm not doing the same with mgsv gz though, even though the likelihood is that my temp laptop will not run it

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Thankfully, I saw this thread before preordering.

<puts money back in wallet>

I can wait.

Hopefully they figure this out before launch. This is ridiculous. The game has been out on consoles for years and they can't figure out how to make it work on PC?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Apparently it is $12 from Russia.
...and what do you need online for? Are the mod possibilities not enough to warrant a purchase~

That is hardly a discount these days.

Edit: Oh, apparently it's not region-locked? Lol.

alstein

Not going to let them Chaos Code me. Will wait.

That said, if the online isn't a disaster, I'll get when they do it.

Skilletor

Not going to let them Chaos Code me. Will wait.

That said, if the online isn't a disaster, I'll get when they do it.

Online is garbage tier on consoles. I'm not expecting much.

I'm buying it because I love the series and will play it locally. Missing online, in its present state on consoles, is pretty much the same thing as having it at launch.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
"Eh, that's Ok for a first-time effort."

What? No, it's not.

yeah, that seems like a weird thing to say

the fact that online isn't going to be there at launch makes me think it's an extremely low budget, no effort port that isn't getting much attention from the publisher

Regrettable but of no consequence to me as I never play this game online.

What's the point of a fighting game without online in this day and age?

I never play fighters online. I enjoy fighting the computer and going through the story modes with each character, learning their moves, etc. I always get destroyed online so what's the point? I don't have time to "get gud".

Maybe they should just delay it for three months.

Eh, then they'll just be accused of favoring the console players and shitting on PC to a worse degree. If they can't get online working in time it's a no-win situation. I wouldn't hold back the console releases on count of the Steam version if I was in their shoes.

It is. Dark Souls was crap, DS2 was infinitely better. It's the first entry in the series to make it to PC, I'll cut the devs some slack.

I'll cut them some "slack" when they stop charging me full price for these "first time efforts" that lack all the modes and features. On their second attempt at a PC when they finally have all said features in THEN charge me $50.

I don't get down with the $50 charge...but is missing half it's shit.

I never play fighters online. I enjoy fighting the computer and going through the story modes with each character, learning their moves, etc. I always get destroyed online so what's the point? I don't have time to "get gud".

Honestly I'm the same way.
Last time I played a fighter online was to get all of the achievements in Tekken Tag 2.

B3-ElT3CYAE3dlB.jpg
Exactly lol

It's already hard to get a community for these games this just makes it worse, like you're not even planting the seed. You just dug the hole and left lol

It is. Dark Souls was crap, DS2 was infinitely better. It's the first entry in the series to make it to PC, I'll cut the devs some slack.

Then they should cut the price if they want people to buy a product with missing features compared to the same game on other platforms. I'd be more fine with no online if the game was less and they were considering patching it in versus promising to patch it in a ridiculous timeframe at full price.

m0t0k1

Believe it is already too late i can put it in my basket but after that it is giving me an error when i want to pay.

Honestly, I don't care. I'm not good at DoA enough to play online and I don't care to learn. VS. CPU is enough for me. Sucks for people who do want online though.

Then they should cut the price if they want people to buy a product with missing features compared to the same game on other platforms. I'd be more fine with no online if the game was less and they were considering patching it in versus promising to patch it in a ridiculous timeframe at full price.

Buy it further down the line then, noone is forcing people to buy it for the full price.

Top Bottom