• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOA6 Season Pass 1 will cost 100 dollars.

Were they worth it?

ZHJgF0U.jpg

You'll have to ask someone who bought it.

Edit: Like that guy above. =P

Last edited:

Nella

What does it include?
That's the most important question, how many characters and DLC outfits are in there?

SF5's season passes cost well over $100 in total, if DOA6's single season pass is packed with content (that can be bought individually) then I have no issues with it.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
hahaha this is amazing
i can get a hooker and some blow + buy doa 3 inc an old xbox and vs for 1 evening,

For those asking, this is all that's included in the season pass. Like J JORMBO Nella Nella
27_doa01.png

Just 2 characters, DLC costumes for said guest characters (literally DLC for the DLC the day the DLC releases.....I heard you like DLC dawg?), 4 costume sets that result in only 2 additional costumes for each character, and a bonus costume for Nyo and Nico.

Even Tekken 7's 25$ season pass 1, that pissed fans off for including so little for the price (along with locking a formerly free game mode behind a paywall when the game already cut modes), included more.

Koei Tecmo really showing why they're one of the biggest jokes of the game industry.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
For those asking, this is all that's included in the season pass. Like J JORMBO Nella Nella
27_doa01.png

Just 2 characters, DLC costumes for said guest characters (literally DLC for the DLC the day the DLC releases.....I heard you like DLC dawg?), 4 costume sets that result in only 2 additional costumes for each character, and a bonus costume for Nyo and Nico.

Even Tekken 7's 25$ season pass 1, that pissed fans off for including so little for the price (along with locking a formerly free game mode behind a paywall when the game already cut modes), included more.

Koei Tecmo really showing why they're one of the biggest jokes of the game industry.
not sure we can trust you with that tekken avatar

Von Hugh

How the fuck can DLC cost more than the actual game, and how stupid you have to be to actually purchase it?

xion4360

its $97 the same price as season passes 1-6 for DOA5, and yes its very expensive, however we dont know how much all the content will cost on its own..Based on DOA5 that pass should be slightly less than all the included content separately.

How the fuck can DLC cost more than the actual game, and how stupid you have to be to actually purchase it?

not that uncommon these days. especially with these looter shooters that sell currency packs.

Last edited:

Virex

Banned
This is part of the bigger picture that represents everything that’s wrong with modern gaming industry

Javthusiast

Banned
Oh come the eff on. Again with the 90 dollar season passes? It already was ridiculous in last round.

The costumes in these passes, even if all are great, don't justify costing that much more than the freaking game itself.

Zenaku

I hope this time they'll offer individual costumes on steam, instead of bundling everything together and make you buy costumes for characters you never use.

its $97 the same price as season passes 1-6 for DOA5, and yes its very expensive, however we dont know how much all the content will cost on its own..Based on DOA5 that pass should be slightly less than all the included content separately.

not that uncommon these days. especially with these looter shooters that sell currency packs.
100$ for 2 guests and there costumes, and 4 costume packs with 13 costumes each, separate or together, is pretty insane.

Last edited:
All I literally care about are the guest characters. I hope their individual DLC prices are reasonable (I doubt it) . I will be skipping this game at launch and buying on (50%-75% off) sale anyway.

LUXURY

Lmfaoooo. I thought perhaps they’d wise up this time around. Nope, guess not. No DLC is worth 100 dollars, especially not one containing wedding costumes and some guests from a game I know nothing about and don’t care to know about. What a travesty.

Last edited:

cireza

Don't buy it : problem solved.

By the way, DoA is one of the only fighters that you can play for free, since there is a Core Fighter version. And they will offer some fighters and costumes for free, once in a while.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Don't buy it : problem solved.

By the way, DoA is one of the only fighters that you can play for free, since there is a Core Fighter version. And they will offer some fighters and costumes for free, once in a while.

Yep. Gonna get Core Fighters + Mila whenever that stuff goes up.

I'll just wait for DoA6: Last Round.

I can't speak for the DoA series, but Koei Tecmo traditionally has expensive season passes that are in no way worth it. For instance, the Atelier games, and all the costume packs for Dynasty Warriors. Generally speaking, they are the definition of optional and if there is something you like, just buy the cheaper individual packs rather than a season pass which is just a bundle of a bunch of stuff you probably don't want. DoA6 might be a bit light on costumes though.

xion4360

100$ for 2 guests and there costumes, and 4 costume packs with 13 costumes each, separate or together, is pretty insane.

actually youre right, based on the amount of content it should be less than that. The pass isnt actually out yet though, so lets see what it actually is when its out. The deluxe set should be about $20 (probably 25) since thats what it costs extra for the deluxe version, and that includes 1 character and a full set of costumes (24). double that plus another 8-13 costumes and thats the entire season pass for...4 times the price? If thats the case TN is going to have a problem.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I'll just wait for DoA6: Last Round.

I can't speak for the DoA series, but Koei Tecmo traditionally has expensive season passes that are in no way worth it. For instance, the Atelier games, and all the costume packs for Dynasty Warriors. Generally speaking, they are the definition of optional and if there is something you like, just buy the cheaper individual packs rather than a season pass which is just a bundle of a bunch of stuff you probably don't want. DoA6 might be a bit light on costumes though.

Naw as someone who bought some of the DOA5 DLC you speak for DOA as well. Its bad value.

They make their money on whales who spend $500 on all the season passes tho, along with the F2P players who buy a few here, a few there.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
27_doa01.png

That can’t really be all the content included, can it?

Last edited:
actually youre right, based on the amount of content it should be less than that. The pass isnt actually out yet though, and this is based on the Japanese listing, so lets see what it actually is when its out.
I would hope there is more, or the price is a typo.

I mean the digital deluxe edition is 80$ and for the 20$ extra you get a character and 26 additional costumes (1 for each character, minus Nyotengu, with Kasumi getting a second in her place). You compare that to the season pass, which is the same content but doubled, that would translate to 40$ + additional fee for the guest characters costume packs.

So if they're isn't more than what's included in there road map, that would mean Koei Tecmo have doubled the price of the season pass over the first DLC pack....

That can’t really be all the content included, can it?
I would hope not since, as I said above, that would mean they doubled the prices compared to there own DLC......

Last edited:

Nella

27_doa01.png

Wow, they're out of ther minds.

TacosNSalsa

This is the real reason Mr. Wizard cut the stream

Mr.Wiz: "So how much will the season pass be? "
Koei: "About $100 but it comes with...
Mr.Wiz: N*gga What?? Spooky cut the stream!! "
Spooky"huh?"
Mr.Wiz:"Isaidcutthemuthafuckingstream!!"

xion4360

lets do some math here..

In DOA5LR Mai character+Debut costume set is 15.99. multiply by 2 and that would be 31.98
A costume pack with 8 costumes that are not mashup or special set like halloween costs 11.99...for 13 costumes that might be around 19 or 20. multiply that by 4 and its 76 - 80

so actually when you combine the 2 character sets and the 4 costume packs the total would be 108 -112 dollars roughly...so if the season pass is 97 or 100 thats actually not bad compared to DOA5, its still a steep price for a bunch of costumes and a couple characters, but its not something crazy out of line with DOA5 like it might seem immediately.

Last edited:
They're going to sell the $100 season pass on the Mai Shiranui stuff alone. Just download Honey Select and a bunch of mods if you want to fap to a video game, or wait for the nude mods on PC.

Uuuh sfuc....uhm..come again? Is that one hundred Burgerbux? One hundred? For a season pass? ..... 100? I.....well. Okay. I guess. Gaming industry. Okay.

Top Bottom