• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doctor Strange |OT| By the Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
GZkU2Hy.png

1CUepTy.gif

4vE6w6d.png

toktCAA.png

JPjMDIR.gif

IYUgbi1.png

tRbsDkr.gif

Doctor Strange will begin to roll out in theatres worldwide, beginning next week in the UK, and the week after in North America. Please be courteous and use SPOILER TAGS on anything that may be considered a spoiler. If you have to think about it, you should probably tag it. On that same note, not everything is a spoiler - if it's officially released details, no need to tag.

Otherwise, please use the SPOILER THREAD for untagged discussion.

Please disclose any payments made by Disney/Marvel for your good/great/amazing impressions.

Doctor Strange (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) by Michael Giacchino:
Spotify | Apple Music

Track list:

1. Ancient Sorcerer’s Secret (2:37)
2. The Hands Dealt (2:56)
3. A Long Strange Trip (2:28)
4. The Eyes Have It (1:23)
5. Mystery Training (1:53)
6. Reading Is Fundamental (1:39)
7. Inside the Mirror Dimension (4:04)
8. The True Purpose of the Sorcerer (2:09)
9. Sanctimonious Sanctum Sacking (7:27)
10. Astral Doom (3:41)
11. Post Op Paracosm (1:15)
12. Hippocratic Hypocrite (1:34)
13. Smote and Mirrors (6:29)
14. Ancient History (4:08)
15. Hong Kong Kablooey (3:35)
16. Astral Worlds Worst Killer (6:17)
17. Strange Days Ahead (5:59)
18. Go for Baroque (2:55)
19. The Master of the Mystic End Credits (3:50)

Litan

Aw yes.
I've had pretty big doubts about this movie because, based on past work, Derrickson seemed like the weakest Phase 3 director, but with the impressions we got from the 15 minute screening and the good critic twitter posts so far, I'm feeling a lot more optimistic.

If this turns out really good and Reed can make Antman & the Wasp much better than Antman, phase 3 is going to be AMAZING!

MisterHero

I hope the art direction and the villain can deliver beyond the other MCU films. I'll watch it a couple times. maybe a few times

It's interesting that magic in Doctor Strange is more about hand signs and magical items than reciting spells. At least from all the trailer and clips I've seen, Strange hasn't recite any spells.

I would have thought one of the reason they got Cumberbatch is because he had cool voice and can make any silly spell sounds great.

Awesome OT! I want to see this in IMAX 3D so very much. I still haven't seen a single film in 3D and this would a great one to pop the cherry with.

Donos

Yeah going in on Thursday. Sadly in german (can't stand german dub anymore).

Hype really grew on me.

Still, Nicolas Cage will remain the Dr. Strange of our hearts :)

Slayven

It's interesting that magic in Doctor Strange is more about hand signs and magical items than reciting spells. At least from all the trailer and clips I've seen, Strange hasn't recite any spells.

I would have thought one of the reason they got Cumberbatch is because he had cool voice and can make any silly spell sounds great.

Marvel magic never was big into reciting spells. It was either for magic noobs or spells you really really don't want to mess up

Elandyll

Banned
My eye is ready

Let there be Dormammu/Mephisto/Whatever
I'm really hoping for a heavyweight like Dormammu, but he is pretty much the Thanos of the Mystical Arts, no? Wonder if they'll be tempted to keep him in the shadows until a big showdown in Dr Strange 2 or 3...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom