• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doctor Who Series 2011 |OT| Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

stupei

DoctorWho said:
We saw a bit of this last year but it sounds like it's on a larger scale now. I remember people posting pictures of ads on the sides of buses. The show was wasted at Sy-Fy.

Yeah, there were ads on buses last year too but there seem to be even more this year. Seeing them all over Manhattan.

Mr. Sam

That second clip is indeed pretty spectacular:
"Don't play games with me - don't think you're ever, ever capable of that."
Matt Smith really does come across as a nearly millenium-old alien.

Mr. Sam said:
That second clip is indeed pretty spectacular:
"Don't play games with me - don't think you're ever, ever capable of that."
Matt Smith really does come across as a nearly millenium-old alien.

That clip is fantastic. That one line in particular is the 1st Doctor and the 6th Doctor shining through.

Dr Zhivago said:
Carrot juice?

No thanks. Makes my ears grow.

596px-CarrotJuice.jpg

TheGorlok

Neo Member
The second clip, in my opinion, definitely reinforces some of the speculation about
the Silents. They could all be lying without realizing they are lying if, the rumors are true, the Silents tell you to do something while looking at them, then you have to do it without remembering why.

All I know for sure is that this season will be incredible.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Think what I like about River, and it becomes more and more apparent with each appearance, is that she can stand up to The Doctor. He makes that "Don't play games with me.." comment, but you get the feeling that River could, that she IS capable of it.

PhoncipleBone said:
Next week. Kristen Bell is tomorrow.

Oh man I didn't even hear about this. Karen Gillan will rock on Craig Ferguson. Whenever a fellow Scot is on it's always entertaining. And also she's from Who...and also she's a she.

I watched all five seasons of new Who for the first time over the past two weeks. I now ready to get ulcers waiting for new episodes like everyone else.

Keyser Soze said:
Why aren't these guest on Conan?

PS: The only big US talk show that airs over here is Conan

Because Craig Ferguson is the only US talk show host who cares about Doctor Who. I think he actively tries to book these guys.

Green Scar said:
what channel and times, you're in the UK right

No Ireland, and it airs on a digital channel that I think you can only get in Ireland. 3e.

Discotheque said:
Because Craig Ferguson is the only US talk show host who cares about Doctor Who. I think he actively tries to book these guys.

Thanks for the info, pity we don't get him over here :/

Discotheque said:
Oh man I didn't even hear about this. Karen Gillan will rock on Craig Ferguson. Whenever a fellow Scot is on it's always entertaining. And also she's from Who...and also she's a she.
The perfect storm. I cannot wait.

Patryn

Nevermind, found it - kind of.

Does anyone have this image minus all my stupid icons:
wallpaper3.jpg

The computer that I had the original died (as you can tell, it's been a LONG time since I had that as a wallpaper), and I'd really like to make this my wallpaper again.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Discotheque said:

Given how many other nerd Sci-Fi references they drop, I'd imagine the who crew would be welcome on The Daily Show and Colbert.

isny

napkin dispenser
Patryn said:
Nevermind, found it - kind of.

Does anyone have this image minus all my stupid icons:

The computer that I had the original died (as you can tell, it's been a LONG time since I had that as a wallpaper), and I'd really like to make this my wallpaper again.

If you can find out which episode it's from I don't mind grabbing a screen for you. (Which obviously won't help if it's a promo shot)

RetroMG

mjc said:
It's cool that the Doctor is finally getting traction with the general masses in the US.

The fact that it had an ad on Xbox live kind of blew me away. Not sure why, though.

I actually wrote a full page spread for a newsletter I do at work about it. My coworkers hear me talk about it all the time, so I did a writeup on the show, the history, the premise, and the major characters. (I left out River, though, and I should have included her. I might have to go back and re-write it.)

isny

napkin dispenser
RetroGamer42 said:
The fact that it had an ad on Xbox live kind of blew me away. Not sure why, though.

I actually wrote a full page spread for a newsletter I do at work about it. My coworkers hear me talk about it all the time, so I did a writeup on the show, the history, the premise, and the major characters. (I left out River, though, and I should have included her. I might have to go back and re-write it.)

I'm sure name dropping Alex Kingston would help bring in more of an American crowd. ER was such a huge show that almost everyone knows who she is.

mclem

Look at the top-right; it's got the bbc website address. It's probably an official wallpaper, then. I'm trying to find it on the website; I doubt it was removed.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom