• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does anyone else File Complaints on Xbox Live?>

Under gamer profile isn't there a way to check what kind of feedback people have left for you?

I remember checking about a month or two after cod 4 was out and I noticed I had a roughly 50% +/- feedback rating. Which I guess is a fair number if some of you guys are crying over someone named "cok".

Even racist and and gay bashing don't offend me one bit. Like some people are saying how can that piss you off or offend you're playing gears they rip off some shit like , "Let's fuck them up", and then he turns around and chainsaws a guy in half...

Hell just look at GTA4, where every other line is either a gay joke or racist one.

Both these games are rated mature and their online is "unrated" because of this kind of stuff. Just take it as part of the game.

Glitching or just being a ridiculous camper?

Avoid.

Yelling/screaming/annoying Voice Chat tard?

Avoid.

Team killing?

Avoid and file complaint.

Not a douche and a good player?

Prefer.

Otherwise I'll mute/ignore.

pr0cs

I always submit feedback from people I played with that weren't dicks or were fun to play with.
I've filed a complaint about some racist names (HitlerRules or someshit).
I don't think I'd file a complaint against someone with potty mouth type name, if you really want to be called 'shithead' or 'cockgobbler' online who am I to deny you.

kyle (in stereo) said:
Glitching or just being a ridiculous camper?

Avoid.

Yelling/screaming/annoying Voice Chat tard?

Avoid.

Team killing?

Avoid and file complaint.

Not a douche and a good player?

Prefer.

Otherwise I'll mute/ignore.

This is a good point actually. I've chose to avoid players, those who are just screaming into their microphones. But never have I filed a complaint as well.

joshuagor44 said:
I do, but it's usually for voice communication stuff and glitching. Does anything ever happen there? How do they know if they actually did something wrong?
This is what I leave compalints about too, if someone just doesn't stop swearing for no reason or people in gears would do those wall slide glitches at the end of the match I would go complain and just leave. No idea if they ever got checked out or not.

Problem though is if you do well in a game (and this has happend to me before) some idiot on the other team start shouting "leave him bad feedback" and all that just because they never won.

pr0cs

VanMardigan said:
yeah, I'd like to know as well how we can check the feedback people leave for us.
You can't find out who left what but you can find out what your overall rating is and what you've been "bad feedbacked" for.
I think all of my negatives are for "leaving early".

Super_Chicken said:
Under gamer profile isn't there a way to check what kind of feedback people have left for you?

I remember checking about a month or two after cod 4 was out and I noticed I had a roughly 50% +/- feedback rating. Which I guess is a fair number if some of you guys are crying over someone named "cok".

Even racist and and gay bashing don't offend me one bit. Like some people are saying how can that piss you off or offend you're playing gears they rip off some shit like , "Let's fuck them up", and then he turns around and chainsaws a guy in half...

Hell just look at GTA4, where every other line is either a gay joke or racist one.

Both these games are rated mature and their online is "unrated" because of this kind of stuff. Just take it as part of the game.

Lol. The racist, sexist, homophobic, stuff people regularly sing, spout, chant online is nothing like GTA 4.

sinnergy said:
It could be a new player which doesn't fully understand the game yet.. bit harsh isn't it?

Well, considering you can only team kill in Hardcore Team Deathmatch, a new player shouldn't be in there until they know what they are doing in the first place. There is a different feedback they get "Unfamiliar with game" or "Lacking skill".

Team killing by accident and team killing on purpose is pretty obvious in COD4 btw.

soco

i started using it on people who start saying fag/gay and stuff a lot, but i haven't ever used it because of a gamertag. (i also use it if people are throwing around racist slurs and such too)

J2d

All the time when I play gears, I don't avoid people though, seems pointless with so many users.

Slavik81

cjelly said:
Yeah, I definitely would have reported that.
Why? Even if it really annoys you, filing a complaint won't change it while you're looking at it, and the odds of you ever coming across it again are relatively low.

A. It seems ridiculous to be pissed off about somebody's handle being 'momdoer'

B. Actually doing something about it is not likely to ever help you.

Nester

I created a Gamertag a few months ago with a spare 1 month gold card I had. Named it "GonnaGiveBadRep".

Went into 16 player Halo 3 matches and basically told everyone that no matter which team they were on or if they said anything or not, I was going to give them bad rep. I didn't actually give anyone bad rep though. This caused big shouting matches between all parties and everyone in turn giving me bad rep.

The account currently has 10% positive reputation, 90% bad reputation.

Still no ban on it or anything like that, but it was a fun experiment to see how low I could get an accounts reputation.

Ledsen

OldJadedGamer said:
Well, considering you can only team kill in Hardcore Team Deathmatch, a new player shouldn't be in there until they know what they are doing in the first place. There is a different feedback they get "Unfamiliar with game" or "Lacking skill".

Team killing by accident and team killing on purpose is pretty obvious in COD4 btw.

HC TDM I don't care about, it's in HC S&D that teamkillers reeeeally annoy me. I usually stay just so I can shoot them in the back when we spawn, but sometimes they manage to get a grande off anyway and kill the whole team again :/

Facism

cjelly said:
Just wondering, really, because I use the feature quite often.

I see loads of Gamertags that seem to have somehow slipped through the filter system. I saw one earlier that had the word 'cok' in it, so I filed a complain against his ass.

More importantly: The complaint system DOES work.

As a test, I got a friend to put the word 'ass' in his bio.

I then filed a complaint about his bio and the next day he couldn't sign in to Live and was prompted with the message of 'You have been banned from Xbox Live until 3rd September'; so he got banned from XBL for 24 hours and his bio, motto and name were all reset to say 'Code of Conduct'.

Anyone else use it to weed out the annoying Gamertags/bios and mottos from XBL?

All that power make you feel big?

Ledsen

pr0cs said:
You can't find out who left what but you can find out what your overall rating is and what you've been "bad feedbacked" for.
I think all of my negatives are for "leaving early".

I checked and I had 59% "avoid" (!), 85% of which were for "Unsporting conduct". That's insanely weird since I always thought I played CoD4 completely normal. I don't teamkill, I try to work with my team (I mainly play S&D) and I don't do anything else I would consider unsporting. My main weapon is a silenced MP5 and not an M16 or a P90. I don't use the noobtube, martyrdom (not in HC at least), fragx3 or Juggernaut (ever). I guess most people are just dicks, but it's so weird that everyone used "Unsporting" o_O Maybe people hate that I don't use the microphone? I have no desire to chat with 99% of the CoD4 population anyway...

I'm guessing the other 15% are "lack of skill" which I guess is fair enough :lol but it also rules out people negging me because I'm too good (since I'm not).

Ledsen said:
I checked and I had 59% "avoid" (!), 85% of which were for "Unsporting conduct". That's insanely weird since I always thought I played CoD4 completely normal. I don't teamkill, I try to work with my team (I mainly play S&D) and I don't do anything else I would consider unsporting. My main weapon is a silenced MP5 and not an M16 or a P90. I don't use the noobtube, martyrdom (not in HC at least), fragx3 or Juggernaut (ever). I guess most people are just dicks, but it's so weird that everyone used "Unsporting" o_O

I'm guessing the other 15% are "lack of skill" which I guess is fair enough :lol but it also rules out people negging me because I'm too good (since I'm not).

I'm still sitting on 100% prefer.

I guess it's cos I'm not that good. The better you are, no matter how fair, you will be hated for being good :lol

I HATE having my ass handed to me, which is often, but I would never report anyone online. I don't see the point. Even the cheaters, I don't bother. I play the game out, leave and find a game without cheaters.

fernoca

I do..
Too many racists, elitists, pricks on there..
And worse when it's an racist elitist prick.. :p

Mostly the reason I ended choosing the option for voice chat only with friends..

Ledsen said:
I checked and I had 59% "avoid" (!), 85% of which were for "Unsporting conduct". That's insanely weird since I always thought I played CoD4 completely normal. I don't teamkill, I try to work with my team (I mainly play S&D) and I don't do anything else I would consider unsporting. My main weapon is a silenced MP5 and not an M16 or a P90. I don't use the noobtube, martyrdom (not in HC at least), fragx3 or Juggernaut (ever). I guess most people are just dicks, but it's so weird that everyone used "Unsporting" o_O Maybe people hate that I don't use the microphone? I have no desire to chat with 99% of the CoD4 population anyway...

I'm guessing the other 15% are "lack of skill" which I guess is fair enough :lol

As someone said earlier practically nobody ever uses the positive feedback unless you are playing one on one sports games. People only give negative feedback when they are pissed off.

J2d

Ledsen said:
I'm guessing the other 15% are "lack of skill" which I guess is fair enough :lol
I don't think lack of skill counts honestly. I'm at 86% avoided and most of that is bullshit.

I still have five stars though, I've never seen anyone below three stars. People send messages all the time asking to exchange good rep heh.

Ledsen

2 Minutes Turkish said:
I'm still sitting on 100% prefer.

I guess it's cos I'm not that good. The better you are, no matter how fair, you will be hated for being good :lol

I HATE having my ass handed to me, which is often, but I would never report anyone online. I don't see the point. Even the cheaters, I don't bother. I play the game out, leave and find a game without cheaters.

Well I have like a .81 K/D ratio so being too good is not really a problem for me either :lol

Gwanatu T

Dr. Strangelove said:
STOP SNITCHIN'

FOLLOW THE RULES

Seriously though, if I paid for Live and played online, I'd use it. Infact I did use it quite frequently back when I did both of the above.

sinnergy said:
It could be a new player which doesn't fully understand the game yet.. bit harsh isn't it?

I think you can only teamkill in a Hardcore mode... and a new player shouldn't be in one of those modes anyway. In fact, I don't think you can access Hardcore until you get to a pretty high rank, so you're not likely to see a new player in those games unless they came in with a party.

Wait, there's a difference between filing a complaint and leaving bad rep or whatever? I always leave negative feedback when someone's really out of line (rascist, etc.), is there a step I can take it further (I'm sorry, some people really piss me off though).

Ledsen

MaritalWheat said:
Wait, there's a difference between filing a complaint and leaving bad rep or whatever? I always leave negative feedback when someone's really out of line (rascist, etc.), is there a step I can take it further (I'm sorry, some people really piss me off though).

Avoid/prefer doesn't really affect anything except your chances of playing with the person again, and maybe the amount of gold stars they get next to their username (usually not though). Filing a complaint is just that, and it's the only way you can get someone kicked of live or anything like that.

Shins

Banned
cjelly obvious reference to KY Jelly obvious sexual content, possible knock on homosexuals??

you're toast!

USD

I mute, submit player reviews, and file complaints all the time.

Oh yeah, and the Rep system is garbage, I'd be surprised if there's anyone out there with a Rep above 50%. I'm at 24% right now lol. Still have 5 stars though.

Proc

racisim, sexism, and general bigotry is one thing but to file a complaint about someone's gamer tag having the phrase cok in it is a bit much. Seems like you need to tone down the sensitivy dial a knotch.

edit: also, this thread reminded me of this scene from the office (uk): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg1o1fO8uug

Every time I see a racist name, every time I see a racist or ignorant motto, everytime I notice someone on COD4 using racism to make themselves feel better, and everytime I notice someone using an autofire mod on COD4...

I file complaints alot, and they're all valid.

More power to you OP, LIVE is a fucked up place with really stupid people, it's up to us to deal with it as best we can.

FightyF

Banned
I wouldn't complain about "momdoer" or "cok" but the racist/homophobic stuff I do.

Funny thing is that I notice that most of these guys have 5 star Live ratings.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Yes I do I always leave negative feedback on glitchers, I can't stand them. And I avoid players that talk too much, trash or just always want to talk to me like they want to get to know me.

Funny thing is one of my friends has cok in his gamertag, maybe you reported him...LOL

FightyF said:
I wouldn't complain about "momdoer" or "cok" but the racist/homophobic stuff I do.

Funny thing is that I notice that most of these guys have 5 star Live ratings.
I think its impossible to have anything less once you get a couple good ratings. I checked out mine a while a go and it was like 33% prefferred, 66% avoided (I tried jumping into Shadowrun after not playing a while, got into what was apparently a clan match and of course sucked it up--bad feedback and a kick as my reward :lol :lol ), but I still have a 5 star rating.

Top Bottom