• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does anyone else File Complaints on Xbox Live?>

saunderez

Tormentoso said:
I agree about Rasim and other things as homophobia,and no if they actually didn't want your money they would have ban you period.

As far as I know they ban your gamertag for Terms of Services breaches. They ban your console if it is detected as modified (which has been made impossible by the morons who keep updating the custom firmware) because it is a Terms of Service breach to modify the hardware connected to Live.

Tormentoso said:
And last but not least,i say that complaining about this is stupid more when some of the ones complaining about how other person is call,have games like GOW as favorite games so yeah i hate the word cok on some one names,it takes my concentration away from dismembering people with the chainsaw gun on GOW.

I don't even know what you're trying to say here.....

saunderez said:
As far as I know they ban your gamertag for Terms of Services breaches. They ban your console if it is detected as modified (which has been made impossible by the morons who keep updating the custom firmware) because it is a Terms of Service breach to modify the hardware connected to Live.

I don't even know what you're trying to say here.....

That people get offended by some words on a profile,yet they cut other people in half and get spray with blood and guts on games like GOW.

saunderez

Tormentoso said:
That people get offended by some words on a profile,yet they cut other people in half and get spray with blood and guts on games like GOW.

Who are you to judge what offends people? If they were offended by blood and guts they wouldn't be playing GOW now would they? I don't even come across offensive gamertags myself, but I generally stick to online GH3 or Rock Band.

big_z

reporting cheating asses or team killers is one thing but if you bitch about gamertag names you're a fucking pansy.

saunderez said:
Who are you to judge what offends people? If they were offended by blood and guts they wouldn't be playing GOW now would they? I don't even come across offensive gamertags myself, but I generally stick to online GH3 or Rock Band.

It's completely fine to judge that, as it is a pretty hilarious distinction.

Gore is fine, but vulgarity is not?

:lol

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Im assuming some of you defending the gamertag arguments have offensive gamertags or something. I dont understand why its being a pansy to report the gamerTag that basically says they hate some group of people or they should all die or stuff like she was only 7. Ive never came across a gamertag like that

I filed a complaint against a mouth breather. I could hear him breathing for the whole match in CoD4, and he didn't do anything about it when I asked him to fix it.

I was tempted to complain about some guys I played with last night. I had to listen to them call each other stupid names for ten minutes before the match finally ended. I don't mind trash talk when it's actually funny, or is at least relevant to the game being played ("you killed me, asshole!"), but these guys were just randomly swearing at each other in a mindless way, and they never let up.

MThanded said:
Im assuming some of you defending the gamertag arguments have offensive gamertags or something. I dont understand why its being a pansy to report the gamerTag that basically says they hate some group of people or they should all die or stuff like she was only 7. Ive never came across a gamertag like that
it's not a trend, it's a movement.

g324.jpg

I do, but only if they go out of their way to ruin my experience. If it's just general shit-talking, I don't feel there's any need to bring MS into the mix.

-PXG-

I only file a complaint if someone cheats/ glitches or is a complete racist twat. Anything else, I either mute them, take off my headset or ignore them. Simple.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
ciaossu said:
No, but a lot of people avoid me on Halo and then put the reason as 'unsporting.'
I don't even know what that means, am I supposed to let people win or something? :lol
Maybe when you win you're a douche?

saunderez

Shaheed79 said:
Maybe when you win you're a douche?
Unsporting comments usually come from sore losers. I got one from playing Tug of War on Rock Band without a headset on because I kicked the other guys ass. It's not even possible to be unsporting in Rock Band...

Ledsen

Yeah, against racist assholes. For some reason I have played lots of CoD4 games against people with three K:s as their clan tag. I don't know if MS can do anything about that though since it's not in the gamertag and only shows up when they play CoD4.

sinnergy

OldJadedGamer said:
Not usually. "Team Killing" is considered Unsporting and I'll leave back feedback everytime for it in COD4.

It could be a new player which doesn't fully understand the game yet.. bit harsh isn't it?

saunderez

sinnergy said:
It could be a new player which doesn't fully understand the game yet.. bit harsh isn't it?

Or an honest mistake. IIRC I got a few accidental team kills when their ID didn't come up quick enough when I first started playing COD4.

takotchi

Never. I let people say what they want to say and be who they want to be. I can ignore it if I choose. I wish some people would grow up and stop being offended at everything. If I paid attention to all the things that offended me, my head would explode.

Shnookums

I did it back in Halo 2 when people were flying like Superman 50 feet above the map thanks to modding.

If it's racist or homophobic stuff I'll usually just do an "avoid player" thing, I guess because I've figured it never works and/or I usually just quit out of games or mute people like that right away and don't catch their tags.

Hammer24

Banned
Didn´t need to use the feature yet, as I filled my friends list with GAFers, and play nearly exclusively only with them.

ciaossu said:
No, but a lot of people avoid me on Halo and then put the reason as 'unsporting.'
I don't even know what that means, am I supposed to let people win or something? :lol
got a ton of that while I played rr6. bunch of babies

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
Haeleos said:
Because of Virtua Fighter 5, this pisses me off. At the end of a match, it gives you the chance to file a complaint with the player you just fought, so I have a bunch of complaints on my profile from people who lost a match against me in VF5.

Yah same in SCIV. I noticed that I had 33% of people saying I was "unsporting" even though every match I chose a different character, try out different moves and do not really win very often. So since then everytime I report people every chance I get.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
So SerialKilla1337 is ok but Cok not? I understand to file a complaint against some racist idiot but because of vulgarity? MAKE WAR NOT LOVE!!!!!11!

Cartman86

Banned
Nope. The only time I would is if they are glitching and getting into private rooms and fucking with our gameplay.

Maybe i'm part of the problem but if someone is being racist or anything like that I just ignore them, and most of the time I laugh at them. Some of the stupid shit they say is just so hilarious. Especially in COD4 when its British and Americans talking mad shit about each other.

X26

Banned
cjelly said:
I then filed a complaint about his bio and the next day he couldn't sign in to Live and was prompted with the message of 'You have been banned from Xbox Live until 3rd September'; so he got banned from XBL for 24 hours and his bio, motto and name were all reset to say 'Code of Conduct'.

THAT'S why so many have that in their bio's? Damn, I thought it was like some kind of bigass xbl clan or something called Code of Conduct, now I feel dumb

You know what I had in my bio since the day bios were introduced? The word "ass", what a HORRIBLE word.. You might want to shield your eyes but the bio read "Duke Nukem: Kicking ass and taking names." Unbelievably offensive, I know.

90% of my time on the 360 this year has been spent playing Rock Band. I never quit out in the middle of a song and my headset doesn't even work with my guitar. Despite that, slooowly but surely my rep has been dropping.. It was at 86%, now it's down to 70%.. How is this possible? Because people are beginning to abuse the avoid player/file complaint system. While most players will only do it for a specific reason for others it can literally be for any reason, including the fact that they simply lost the match and got angry. Even just recently I watched my rep fall another 2% trying to play Castle Crashers online, a game that is currently notorious for booting players to the menu during the loading. I guess some people think everyone in the world is just quitting early.

Now this would normally not be a problem.. But.. There is a new trend on Live apparently. NO ONE EVER SETS ANYONE AS A PREFERRED PLAYER ANY MORE. The only time anyone did this was around the time 360 launched and people thought it mattered. Do you ever think to yourself "wow, I'm gonna set that person as a preferred player! huhu!"? Doubt it. But I bet you get a little twinge of anger every now and again over something and head right for the avoid player/file complaint. The whole system is flawed.. Players who file too many complaints should themselves be penalized in some fashion (perhaps have their complaints count for less), if only to make people more selective about WHO/WHAT they are complaining about. The funniest part of the whole system is when you add someone to your friends list they are NOT automatically set as a preferred player, which they should be.

Meh, that rant could go on and on. The point is the whole system is in need of an overhaul, a major one at that.

Perhaps you're wondering about my Duke Nukem bio thing containing the word ass. Well the good news is it only got me a 1 week suspension. Ass = 1 week. Don't I hear this word on cable television nightly? No warning, no "change your bio", no nothing, just the ol' ban hammer. It's pretty absurd really, it also goes to show it's banning automatically under some kind of criteria and no person ever reviews/investigates these complaints. I can't say I was too upset though, having no access to live is not a big deal for me. I was more worried about the all the money I'd spent on DLC/XBLA games/etc etc which are tied directly to my gamertag..

Maybe I am bitter and the system is impeccable? I dunno. One thing I know for sure is I would not be happy about losing 1K worth of downloadable content because Jimmy 12 year got angry over losing and decided the best course of action was to file a complaint.

CoG

If I actually used the headset I probably would. I just mute everyone and pretend they're normal people. Every now and then I'll slip on the headset as a reminder of who I am playing with and it makes me depressed.

If people are annoying the fuck out of me, then usually I'll mute them and then submit feedback so they are an avoided player. Happens quite a lot now, I get a lot of stick especially on COD4 - people think I am either a prepubescent boy, or tell me girls shouldn't be playing!

Filed a complaint the other day though, some guy was using a modded pad on COD4 and shooting the shit out of everyone with his G3. And he was actually boasting about having a modded pad! Was well annoyed about that, we still beat him but its like, if you need to cheat and you can't even win, why bother?

Never reported a GT but I've not really come across anything that offensive - only vulgar stuff and that doesn't really bother me.

Nope. The only time I would is if they are glitching and getting into private rooms and fucking with our gameplay.

Maybe i'm part of the problem but if someone is being racist or anything like that I just ignore them, and most of the time I laugh at them. Some of the stupid shit they say is just so hilarious. Especially in COD4 when its British and Americans talking mad shit about each other.

This. I don't understand why people complain about others being racist or sexist or "mean". It's the internet. I remember hearing the exact same stuff playing CounterStike, and before that the exact same stuff on Starcraft, and everywhere else on the interwebs. Besides, I think it's hilarious when BIG MAN MEAT headshots someone in Halo 3.

saunderez said:

why don't you ask that question to those who get offended by some words,also what you say about GOW doesn't make any sense or refute my point in any way,many of those people who complain about names because they find it offensive,play games like GOW which are full of gore.

Blablurn

cjelly said:
Just wondering, really, because I use the feature quite often.

I see loads of Gamertags that seem to have somehow slipped through the filter system. I saw one earlier that had the word 'cok' in it, so I filed a complain against his ass.

OMG ban pleaze, op uses the word "ass" in his post. :/

j/k, but seriously.. cok? I mean, THATS some sensetive mind you have.

Only for people who are assholes or the racist/homophobic shit. I don't like to play with my mic on unless it's with friends or GAFfers.

Haunted

cok? OP is a fucking snitch. Offensive gamertag my ass.

Racists/homophobes/misogynists deserve it, but someoe who has cok in his username? Really?

OP's priorities are fucked up.

Ponn

Banned
I got a negative hit for beating someone at UNO. Said I was unsportsmanlike. Trying to still figure that one out.

itxaka

Defeatist
oh no, somebody on the internets has the word cok on his name!
I'm gonna call my mother!

Grow the fuck up.

I reported a piece of shit who's gamertag was "Nigur Killah". I checked some time afterwards and it was no longer in use. Shit like that should be grounds for permaban from XBL without a refund. This is why we click the "I agree" button before we sign up.

Lesser dicks just get the "don't hook me up with this douche ever again" button.

Top Bottom