• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does anyone know what's going on with LA Noire? ^__^

Kittonwy

Banned
poppin fresh said:
In regards to L.A. Noir I saw a ton of stuff about it end of last year, sounds fairly interesting and was my biggest WTF in terms of sony not useing it for PS3 hype, pretty much everything in the game is scanned instead of traditional in computer development, so all characters are real actors who have been hired to play the roles, their costumes are real hand made costumes that have been scanned for 3d as have every inch of the actors themselves, also most props I believe.
Lots of motion capture is being used too, pretty much the main guy behind it has managed to invest in some very advanced 3d scanning and capture equipment, most advanced in Australia I believe.

All up it makes for alot of good press buzz words to be able to say things like "These are real people in a real cinema experience" crap like that which I thought would have been big for sony at their conference.

I think I still have some stuff around my room related to it, may scan it in if I get a chance.
The woman playing the lead role most Australians would recognise from I think the current foxtel ads or some crap, or it could be the century ads.

Could you? Please?
gladtomeetya.gif

The part about the mo-cap reminded me of the wooden car they had when the getaway was being made, and that crazy wooden horse they used for MGS3.

Kittonwy said:
At the end of that E3 trailer it looks like the GTA3 guy having shot Sam Fishie. Is it really Amsterdam?
gladtomeetya.gif

Yeah it IS Amsterdam.

Whats more, its right outside of the Guerrilla studios building.
I recognised those canals and stuff imediatly

Top Bottom