• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does your area has Nov06 or later 360 models?

itsme

Banned
I've got Oct06 360 that I bought a few weeks ago. The Samsung drive with that infamous whirling sound has been to my nerve since then. This afternoon, while playing Gears that whirling sound was gone for a while giving me a false hope that it was getting quieter...of course, it's as loud as ever now. Have you experienced that yourself?

On the second question, if you have a 360 with the BenQ drive, I'd like to know which area you've got the unit from and which retailer. Do you have a nov 06 or later units? I can't find one from my area, yet... Oct 31 06 is the latest I've seen at BB.

raYne

itsme said:
I've got Oct06 360 that I bought a few weeks ago. The Samsung drive with that infamous whirling sound has been to my nerve since then. This afternoon, while playing Gears that whirling sound was gone for a while giving me a false hope that it was getting quieter...of course, it's as loud as ever now. Have you experienced that yourself?
Different games stress the system differently. Disk rotation speed, laser movement etc. So the system will obviously be louder with some compared to others.

Kevar said:
Related question: I'm buying a 360 soon. How can I tell the difference between pre and post November models?
The build date's on the back of the system. So you'd have to open the box... Good luck with doing that before actually purchasing it.

You could probably get a fairly accurate guess if the store keeps track of their inventory properly. ie wait 'till the next shipment and buy one from that.

Dizzy

Banned
I bought a 360 at the end of November 2006 and the date was around June 2006 I think. :(

I live in the UK btw.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I want to know, how come my X360 didnt have any music on the drive?
My brother had lots of samples on his, and the one at work does. My harddrive had nothing :(

Top Bottom