• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dog f's around, places 7th in a half marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesu

That dog is worse than hitler.
Like she is all "look I'm so superior that I can take breaks and still rush past you with my four legs" and that's all because she's a feminist bitch. It's a conspiracy!

Nah, that's just cute and anything.

you might say she's rabid

Faddy

Banned
That surprises me, I just babysat a lab for a week and that dog was relentless. I was taking him for 3 hour long walks in -10 degrees and he still insisted to play fetch for 2 hours after that.

Awesome story btw.

Dogs perform better in the cold. On a warm or even mild day a dog can only last around an hour before overheating. On a really hot day even the fittest dog will have to stop running after 15 minutes. The miracle of human sweat is what makes us the superior distance runner where as dogs only cool by panting and they can't run and pant at the same time.

BumRush

My favorite part of this is how tons of people in town already knew her since it's a tiny town and she's one of those dogs that sneaks off all the time, so when she got to the finish line people put a medal on her and immediately texted pics to the owner.

Hahaha that's awesome.

Great story!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Dogs freaking love running and I don't think they tire. Seriously. My Boston Terrier will run and run and run and take a 20 minute nap and then want to run more. I love taking him to the park and letting him just go.

My French Bulldog doesn't run at all and prefers to sit on my lap.

danthefan

She would have finished first if not for fucking around chasing things.

So basically... if it knew it was actually in a race rather than just out for a run.

Anyway cool story. I'm fairly sure my dog could win a half marathon comfortably enough (if again we managed to convince her she was in a race).

When my dog was in its prime, he was restless. I don't see him running a half marathon, but he could surely try.

Awesome story.

Kinokou

I foresee a movie version, but with dog with prosthetic legs. so we can go from wallowing in pitty for the 3 legged pup that gets bullied by the other puppies to cheering on the underdog that in the end wins the marathon and get all the love and respect it deserves in a true feel good motion picture style.

Trouble

Banned
Dog's freaking love running and I don't think they tire. Seriously. My Boston Terrier will run and run and run and take a 20 minute nap and then want to run more. I love taking him to the park and letting him just go.

My French Bulldog doesn't run at all and prefers to sit on my lap.

You have one of each of my two favorite breeds. Good job.

NoRéN

Adorable.

As a former Siberian husky owner, dogs getting out and doing crazy shit is familiar to me. I once got a call from someone who told me 'Oh hey, I woke up and Stormy was in my bed, just figured I'd let you know.'

I could totally see her doing something like this.

This is one of the best dog stories I've ever read.

Oreoleo

Thirteen miles is really impressive to me.
Of course my dog is a lot smaller and a lot older but she gets tired out on two mile jogs. Thirteen would probably kill her.

old

A dog that gets out to have adventures without its owner knowing. Where have we heard this before?

Sounds pretty annoying for the runners. You've spent months running, following a proper diet, walking up before work to exercise, and this dog (probably not even a trained marathon dog) lollygags around and beats you.

Cyan

Banned
Sounds pretty annoying for the runners. You've spent months running, following a proper diet, walking up before work to exercise, and this dog (probably not even a trained marathon dog) lollygags around and beats you.

Ain't no rule says a dog can't play marathon!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Boston's for life! We have 3!

Don't think any of my Boston's could run a half though...

My dog is the biggest boston I've ever seen. He's only 21 lbs but he's so tall. His legs just propel him.

9fghZHf.jpg

He leaps around. :D

WarMacheen

Had this been my walker coonhound he would have come in first....and kept going.

or stopped at the first tree with a small animal in it and barked until the end of time.

They are imperfect beings. What hope do they have to win against the best of all animals?

UraMallas

She jumped the fence while I was at school, the lady who called me was sleeping in late, lived a few houses down from me. Apparently she jumped in an open window and just snuggled right up. Sibs are well known for their escape behavior because they love people so much they just want to go meet ALL THE PEOPLE.
That would scare the living shit out of me.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Big floppy ears and all ... baller ass pooch.

wish i could casually run any distance at all.. nevermind a half marathon lol

Ha those pics remind me of the bloodhound we used to have. Hell of a dog, but man he was a mess. Impressive feat though just for wandering around

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
puppy1.jpg

These two photos perfectly sum it up. Every time I look at them I laugh.

She's like the Forest Gump of dogs. I wonder what she's going to do next.

KevinCow

Banned
That's hilarious. Imagine if one day you let your dog out, and it came back with a medal around its neck.

(Also I'm really struggling to figure out what could've possibly happened in the first version of this thread that apparently resulted in people calling each other worse than Hitler.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom