• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dolby Atmos: Beginner Help

DryvBy

I'm buying a house and need to figure out the basics. My current house I don't have an option for Atmos but now I can crawl in an attic and put ceiling speakers. However, it's not that easy and I have no idea where to go from here on speaker layout and what I should be doing.

fNcLM0g.jpg

This is my new layout. The TV area is on top of a fireplace so I was thinking center speaker up there too, putting the receiver over to the side with the PlayStation and running wires through the wall. Currently I have a 5.1 setup.

If someone can edit this professional draft layout and point where they'd put the ceiling speakers and my side speakers. I kind of want to put the sides on each side of the wall and wall mount but I just need some ideas.

SScorpio

Are those both couches? No where is going to have an amazing experience as everything is angled.

What hardware do you currently have? What is your budget to spend on pieces you don't have yet. What is the size and height of the new room? Combo speakers have can fire forward and up, if you don't have a vaulted or angled ceiling that can be easier than installing ceiling speakers.

Since you don't seem to have an optimal layout Sony has a receiver that create virtual speakers for certain seating positions, ie would could have speakers that are in front of your and slightly off to the side, but it sounds like you have one right behind you withing a certain seating zone.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
If you want professional help hire a professional. I know cost can be preventative.

What you need to do is what some youtube stuff on how to set up and space speakers. Learn all of that measure about 6 times and cut once.

Top Bottom