• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dolphin Blue: would this be possible on XBLA?

dolphin_blue_picture.jpg

the side scrolling shooter made by Sammy....one of my most favorite games to play in the arcade....The problem? IT was rare and I only got to play it a handful of times because I would only discover it at random arcades at random places I happenned to visit or travel too.
I've brought this rare game up before but couldn't find the post in the history...It must have been in one of the gaf board deaths.

Game_03.gif

Game_02.gif

dolphinb_a.jpg

Game_01.gif

crappy pictures I know...doesn't do the game justice

With the increase to the size limit on the XBLA games....would this game be possible now?

If so, SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!

pCeSlAyEr

possible yes...

someone making it... unlikely yes..

*EDIT*
the arcade machine uses a cartridge so the game would be relativly small... similar to DC hardware minus the GDROM..

It is seriously one of the most fun shooters I have played. Someone has to make it happen. Someone has to see this post that can make it happen and make it happen.

jarrod

Banned
_dementia said:
Weren't ex-IREM and Nazca (Metal Slug) guys behind this?
Not to nitpick, but that's the same thing. :p

As for the game, Sammy made it (rumored to involve some of the MS1-3 staff, but I've never seen credits) and it was suppossedly pretty medicore by genre standards. Never played it myself, but hell, it looks better than MS6 imo.

I want Sushi Bar on XBLA!

Compared to Metal Slug 1,X or 3, Dolphin Blue seemed rather average..I played it a few years back in a few arcade trade shows.

They also had Demolish Fist, which was kinda cool, seeing as nobody makes scrolling beatemups anymore (in reality it was rather dull...my scrolling beatemup fanboyism took
over for a while).

Seeing as they've lifted the XBLA limit, it shouldn't be a problem getting this going..

bjork

I think this is the one they had at e3 2003, it was pretty cool.

Give me this and Guwange and I'm a happy bjork

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i played this through at e3 a few years ago. pretty good stuff, as i recall, though the 3d was rough. i wish they'd done a dreamcast port.

I used to have this game. I thought it was great but not as replayable as Metal Slug. Very fastpaced gameplay on some levels but it also suffered from slowdown and some really lowres textures.

Wow talk about ripping off Metal Slug. Sammy just took it to a whole new level apparently

Some of the old Nazca crew did actually worked on it.

jarrod

Banned
Kaitei grunkan said:
I used to have this game. I thought it was great but not as replayable as Metal Slug. Very fastpaced gameplay on some levels but it also suffered from slowdown and some really lowres textures.
How's it compare to the Mega/Noise Factory Metal Slugs then (4-6)? Definitely having IREM/Nazca staff on board gets me very interested...

Top Bottom