• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dolphin - Emulating Wii and Gamecube Games

Seik

Banned
I'm having an issue here with Rhythm Heaven Fever. The game is going all ok until I reach REMIX 1, then, poof, black screen of infinite. Anybody knows what's up?

MBison

I have the PAL version of Xenoblade, is there any reason to get the US version and use it instead? Any improvements or changes?

Ok, so Xenoblade people: is there any way to fix the audio without downloading that fix? I use the Mac version of Dolphin and those customized builds are not compatible with mine. Is there any way around that? I'll never be able to go back to the Wii version but at the same time I can't deal with the audio issues.

Please help...

Folks I want to hop on the dolphin train.

Installes all the stuff on my Wii according to the wiki from the homebrew threat and started up the USB loader. Everything up to that point works fine.

My problem: I can't seem to install/save my games to my usb drive. It always automatically goes to my SD card. I got the usb selected in the options (it's formatted FAT32) but somehow it doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions?

If you're using CFG it should give you the option at the beginning to select which storage device to use. If not then you did something wrong with the install... if you followed the GAF install guide there was a part explaining what you need to do to use a hard drive instead of SD. There was some txt file you had to add lines to or something. It's all there if you look, sorry I can't remember off the top of my head.

I have the PAL version of Xenoblade, is there any reason to get the US version and use it instead? Any improvements or changes?

30 fps without the need for a patch

tiku

Ok, so Xenoblade people: is there any way to fix the audio without downloading that fix? I use the Mac version of Dolphin and those customized builds are not compatible with mine. Is there any way around that? I'll never be able to go back to the Wii version but at the same time I can't deal with the audio issues.

Activating "Accurate Vbeam" gives a very nice boost for FPS and fixes most of the sound problem (except, maybe, the intro)

tborsje

Get bootcamp and use a superior OS for gaming

Or, go to the Development Discussion forum in the official Dolphin forums, see if you can find someone who compiles builds for Mac and ask them nicely if they can do a build with the Xenoblade HLE patch.

CoolS

Finally have this running now. So far I tried F-Zero GX and Xenoblade.

First things first: THIS IS AMAZING!

Had a few problem with F-Zero at first since it hadn't Dual core enabled at first but now it runs very good, only real slowdwons are at that one sand track. I could do a little more tweaking but it's great for now.

Xenoblade also works like a charm, except vor the sound issues. Already patched the game to run on 30 fps and will take a look at the HLE fix. Will be a glorious second playthrough. This looks simply amazing, can't stress that enough. Super happy so far.

Next up: Zelda The Wind Waker :)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Sort of off topic. I think I may have asked this before, but I didn't get a clear answer (or forgot)... are there any DS emulators that can increase the internal resolution like Dolphin? A cursory search didn't turn up anything but I'm not into the scene like most here.

Sentenza

I'm not sure what they changed exactly in the most recent versions, but I was trying Monster Hunter Tri once again just yesterday and now the image quality is superlative.

Maybe is some sort of placebo effect, but it seems to me that colors, lighting etc look extremely improved.

Crub

I got an i5 2500k and a 560ti and still get very noticeable framedrops in Kirby's Return to Dreamland. Is this normal?

Nightz

Just got Dolphin up and running to play some Xenoblade. Anyone know if there's a way to get 360 icons to show up in the game for the NTSC version? Only thing I've found says PAL only.

jediyoshi

Pandora's Tower
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5xJT2xkLXfs

pt-000.jpg

pt-001.jpg

pt-003.jpg

pt-004.jpg

pt-005.jpg

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Has Cubivores been given the Dolphin treatment yet?

Coldsnap

I use this version: http://electrodexs.net/Dolphin/manual/?rvsn=3.0-508-gf30aebf

It has all the ICC optimisations (so it's a little faster if you have a modern CPU) and has the Xenoblade HLE hack turned on so the sound if fixed. Just choose the version near the top of the list with "XBHLE31" in the name.

What should my dolphin settings look like with this build? What can I enable? I'm running a i5 2500k and a GTX 560 Twin Frozr. Thanks in advance.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Y'know guys, I used to think Daytona 2 and Super GT were the most beautiful racing games on the planet. I used to always tell people how those two game have that shine to them that no other arcade racer had. Well, I *still* think they're great looking games, but now another game has taken the throne in that category.....F-Zero GX!

I have just upgraded to a new BenQ W6000 1080p projector and this is my first 1080p display. I used to own a BenQ PE8720 and was restricted to 720p. Now that I have seen various games running at this resolution, there is no going back!!!

Model 3 games look FANTASTIC on this new projector, but words cannot describe how unprepared I was for what I was about to see....F-Zero GX running in full 1080p resolution on PC! As many of you are aware, there is a Nintendo Wii/GameCube emulator called Dolphin for Windows. I have been using Dolphin to run F-ZeroGX for a few years now, and the emulator has progressed enough to allow the game to run at FULL speed, providing you have a powerful enough PC. Playing F-ZeroGX on my old projector at 720p, the picture was already amazing. But now, when running at full 1080p and with all graphical settings in Dolphin turned up to the max(internal res x6, etc), this game looks fucking BONKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm serious! F-ZeroGX looks GODLY on PC!!! When you see it running at this quality, you can't help but shake your head and wonder where the glory days of Sega went, and what the hell happened to AM2. Nagoshi-san is a MAD SCIENTIST!!! The amount of detail he put into this game is absolutely STARTLING!!!!!!!!!!!! The textures are literally....LITERALLY flawless!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, there are NO blurriness or jaggies in this game at this resolution and graphical settings!!! NONE! The image is crystal and I mean CRYSTAL clear!!!

You guys are gonna think I'm on drugs for saying this, but I swear to god the game looks like a next gen PC game!!! It is the best looking videogame I have ever seen in my entire life and yes, that includes Crysis 1 & 2, Skyrim with mods, Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, Dirt 3, God of War 3, etc. This of course is my personal opinion. I cannot believe my eyes when I play F-ZeroGX running in Dolphin. It is a graphical MASTERPIECE!!!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I love love LOOOOOOOOOOVE Daytona 2 and Scud Race, they are gorgeous games in their own right, and their art direction is second to none. But F-Zero GX is on a whole 'nother level graphically!! AM2 didn't just kill it, they fucking MURDERED this game!!!!! They were like "Y'know what? Life is too short, so we're just gonna go ahead and make the best looking videogame in the universe right here, right now." And guess what? They did. They delivered in spades!

I urge each and every one of you to give F-Zero GX a try in Dolphin so you can see the absurdly GODLIKE graphics for yourself! If you have at least a Core 2 duo and an nvidia 280, or maybe an AMD 4870, you are good to go! Doesn't take a monster pc to run and as long as you tweak a few things in the graphics setting here and there, you should be able to run the game at decent speeds.

The following pics DO NOT do the game running in Dolphin justice!!!!!!!!!!!

dolphin2010-05-0422-404f2u.jpeg

F-Zero%2006.jpg

F-Zero%2001.jpg

F-Zero%2002.jpg

F-Zero%2003.jpg

F-Zero%2004.jpg

F-Zero%2005.jpg

Coldsnap

I can't get the custom xbox 360 controller icons to show up in Xenoblade. I download them and place the files in dolphine/users/load/texutres/*custom button folders*. Then I enable texture load under utility. Any help plz.

jediyoshi

I can't get the custom xbox 360 controller icons to show up in Xenoblade. I download them and place the files in dolphine/users/load/texutres/*custom button folders*. Then I enable texture load under utility. Any help plz.

It specifically matters what region your game is.

It goes in dolphin/user/load/textures/SX4P01 if you have the pal version
dolphin/user/load/textures/SX4E01 if you have the ntsc version

The textures themselves also have to specifically be for that version of the game. Then in the Graphics Configuration -> Advanced -> Tick Load Custom Textures

Well, it may be a testament to F-Zero GX's graphical smarts that Pandora's Tower doesn't look much better (from a texture or modeling perspective), despite different hardware and nine years between them. Get that team back on Wii U!

if you put all the bolded words together they spell out a code

Well, I tried.

Godly bonkers do not literally murdered masterpiece, startling fantastic crystal!!!!!!

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Why you hatin' on my screens.

I'm not hatin, they're wonderful screens dude seriously. Just that they do not do the game justice simply because they don't MOVE and are pictures. Seeing the game in MOTION at this quality is what leaves my jaw out for breakfast.

Coldsnap

On Xenoblade does anyone have an audio flutter? It's not like the reported audio stutter, it sounds like a dragonfly wings are flapping through the audio all the time.. strange.

It specifically matters what region your game is.

It goes in dolphin/user/load/textures/SX4P01 if you have the pal version
dolphin/user/load/textures/SX4E01 if you have the ntsc version

The textures themselves also have to specifically be for that version of the game. Then in the Graphics Configuration -> Advanced -> Tick Load Custom Textures

Awesome thanks!

I'm not hatin, they're wonderful screens dude seriously. Just that they do not do the game justice simply because they don't MOVE and are pictures. Seeing the game in MOTION at this quality is what leaves my jaw out for breakfast.
Good point, I might make some gifs someday.

tborsje

What should my dolphin settings look like with this build? What can I enable? I'm running a i5 2500k and a GTX 560 Twin Frozr. Thanks in advance.

For graphics options, go for DirectX9 and choose whatever settings suit your system. AF isn't too costly. Most should be able to do 3x or 4x native resolution, you might be able to get away with some SSAA too. Enabling 'OpenMP Texture Decoder' in graphics options might help with any stuttering.

Something which seems to help Xenoblade really well is to enable 'Accurate VBEAM Emulation' for the game, which you can do by right-clicking the iso in Dolphin's main screen and going into properties.

Everything else is probably fine on defaults.

schwupp

can someone help me with music in galaxy 2:
what are the correct dsp settings?
i´ve tried:
HLE - no music (as expected)
LLE recompiler - music stutters at the start screen and cuts out - sound gone after that (music + sound effects)
LLE interpreter - same as above

using version 3.0 - 591

burgerdog

I think I did something wrong, I used cfg usb loader to copy the game to a usb drive and it dumped out two files, one .wbf1 and wbfs. I'm guessing those don't work with Dolphin?

burgerdog

I was only able to get around 70-80% speed while playing Xenoblade. I'm using an e8400 @ 3ghz, so I'm thinking that's the culprit. Are i5 2500k the recommended CPU for dolphin?

catabarez

Can someone help me out with a multiplayer problem? I'm trying to play Donkey Kong Country Returns with a real Wiimote and an emulated one with my 360 controller. The game starts up find and whatever controller is connected as first player works fine, but then when I select to play 2 players it won't recognize the second controller. I've tried switching them around but still nothing. Has anyone else had this problem?

Top Bottom