• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dolphin - Emulating Wii and Gamecube Games

I started last year a retexturation of Luigi's Mansion, but I stoped. I lost my patience :p Searching for the right texture you want to edit is laborious.
However, I completed the mansion hall, here's some screenshot.

1368109060-dolphin-2013-05-09-16-14-21-87.jpg

1368109056-dolphin-2013-05-09-16-12-37-42.jpg

Although i understand why, and admire the work itself, i don't really like it. It doesn't feel like Luigi's Mansion anymore. Feels like Silent Hill now :p

sl2p01-16hbkrz.png

Only took a few shots during the game, and other good one is of the end section so I won't post. This is one of the costumes you unlock post game though.

Question, is the content of the gif below a glitch caused by dolphin or something present in the base game itself?

fatalframeresize278jbu.gif

Edit: Damn, did Luigi head to Silent Hill? Think I like the texture work itself, would have to play it myself to see probably. Would do so at some point this weekend, want to play the orignal after beating the 3DS game.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Can anyone tell me how such clean lines were achieved? Mine's all pixelated and shit. Using Dolphin 3.5 BTW. :/

could you post a screenshot for comparison?
off the top of my head I'd say try setting EFB to RAM with texture cache set to safe, and a healthy dose of texture filtering and AA, but maybe I'm not understanding your problem.

edit: could be a bug in newer versions of dolphin.
r6505 worked for me but version 3.5 and 3.0 were both low res...

could you post a screenshot for comparison?
off the top of my head I'd say try setting EFB to RAM with texture cache set to safe, and a healthy dose of texture filtering and AA, but maybe I'm not understanding your problem.

edit: could be a bug in newer versions of dolphin.
r6505 worked for me but version 3.5 and 3.0 were both low res...

Here's a quick screenshot I got. I dunno if it's obvious but there's a lot of jaggies and it's way pixelated. It's even worse in motion.

I had the EFM set to Texture. I set it to RAM but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

EDIT: Sorry, had to crop up the image. I had it set to window mode.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Here's a quick screenshot I got. I dunno if it's obvious but there's a lot of jaggies and it's way pixelated. It's even worse in motion.

I had the EFM set to Texture. I set it to RAM but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

EDIT: Sorry, had to crop up the image. I had it set to window mode.

you should try an older version of dolphin.

r6505 worked for me, later version seemed to have similar issues

Miker

Aight, thanks. Will try to check out older versions then.

To fix the pixelation in Viewtiful Joe, try and right click on the game in Dolphin, go to edit config, then turn realXFB to false or true or 1 or 0 the opposite of whatever it defaults to. I think that's the fix.

To fix the pixelation in Viewtiful Joe, try and right click on the game in Dolphin, go to edit config, then turn realXFB to false or true or 1 or 0 the opposite of whatever it defaults to. I think that's the fix.

Thanks! I will try this as soon as I get home from work.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
HALP! I cant get the damn wired 360 controller to work and configure right. It can't even detect it. Any guides?

Are the controller and drivers correctly installed? If so, then when configuring controls in dolphin make sure that the selected device is your controller, and not "Keyboard/mouse"

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Been playing Project M and for the most part it works like a charm, except that it does tned to crash a bit too often to my liking. Any way to remedy this?

Just wanna thank you; it worked. Also, thanks to gumby_trucker for updating me about this.

Haunted

I started last year a retexturation of Luigi's Mansion, but I stoped. I lost my patience :p Searching for the right texture you want to edit is laborious.
However, I completed the mansion hall, here's some screenshot.

1368109060-dolphin-2013-05-09-16-14-21-87.jpg

1368109056-dolphin-2013-05-09-16-12-37-42.jpg
Luigi's Mansion x RE/SH

Now I've seen everything. :lol

I got a doubt that surfaced in another thread. Are all of the Prime games (both Wii and GC) problematic to run on Dolphin? Can't you make more or less a pinless run begining through end?

Since i've seen so many screens i thought it was resolved.

That Luigi Mansion Retexture is 1 of the reasons some mOD's get so much sh!t from purits XD

TUSR

Banned
I see how it is, prime is known for stutters and slow down issues. Look it up.

I can run Wind Waker at 2560x2112 better than Prime at native.

I see how it is, prime is known for stutters and slow down issues. Look it up.

I can run Wind Waker at 2560x2112 better than Prime at native.
Yes, man but i swear i've seen guys posting albums of their playthroughs. I'm not advocating they are the most flawless games to emulate but im really interested to hear about this.

My memory can't be that rusted. I've some of the Prime games shelved around, too bad i have no idea or much time to invest effort in finding out how to make a dump to try for myself.

Also do you happen to know if the coders have made any strifes with dlphin to make it perform better in releases form a year to now?

catabarez

Yes, man but i swear i've seen guys posting albums of their playthroughs. I'm not advocating they are the most flawless games to emulate but im really interested to hear about this.

My memory can't be that rusted. I've some of the Prime games shelved around, too bad i have no idea or much time to invest effort in finding out how to make a dump to try for myself.

Also do you happen to know if the coders have made any strifes with dlphin to make it perform better in releases form a year to now?

The only thing I really know is they finally got Metroid Prime Trilogy to actualy run with 3.5 without any changes. Playing Prime 1 with some stuttering is pretty worth it.

I played through Prime a few months ago. The framerate dipped when certain visor effects occurred, but other than that it was fine. It happened less than five times in the whole game.

3570k at 4.2

I played through Prime a few months ago. The framerate dipped when certain visor effects occurred, but other than that it was fine. It happened less than five times in the whole game.

3570k at 4.2
And thank you. I knew i wasn't crazy. Will love some let's plays in youtube for the prime series on dolphin.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
ya....yay? I have my balance board tucked away... I can't imagine playing wii fit in HD would regain me any enthusaism for it.

Wow! Nice addition!

I've only ever played Wii Fit once at a friend's house, (don't own it myself) but the benefits of having it as a controller are quite obvious!

You could map it to cover or reload in lightgun games, or even use it in marble madness, monkey ball, etc.

Hell there are probably lots of other creative uses that would make sense.

edit: didn't Shaun White support the BB?
I wonder if it could be made to work with PC games..

Okay, so... I used to play on this thing, but while I haven't changed any settings it's now piss-slow. Does anyone know if there's any common, easily-overlooked issues?

Hypatia

Uhh, so my mediafire account was just suspended because the Entertainment Software Association flagged my Wind Waker texture mod as being infringement.

In the email I got it lists the file as being 'LEGEND OF ZELDA, THE: SKYWARD SWORD,' which obviously it's not so should I file a counterclaim?

I mean it's a mod.. and I made every texture myself... so... how can it be infringement? ._.

^ They're just stupid and wussies after the megaupload fiasco.

Regardless of counterclaiming or not, why not moving it to dropbox or something like that?

Hypatia

Well I've never researched the legality of mods before so I just wanna be sure it doesn't count as copyright infringement...

And yeah I guess I could just upload it somewhere else, I thought dropbox had loads of limitations on downloads though? And that you have to pay for an account...

Sucks too because I'd just finished a bunch of alternate Link textures and I was gunna post them on GAF. .-.

I thought dropbox had loads of limitations on downloads though? And that you have to pay for an account...
I think it's still doable:

Links that use up more than 20 GB/day for Free accounts and 200 GB/day for Pro and Business accounts are automatically suspended.

If your account hits our limit, we'll send an email notification to the email address registered with your account. Shared links will be temporarily disabled, and those who try to access the links will see an error page instead of your file.
Source: https://www.dropbox.com/help/45/en (hint: they even like Zelda, I mean look at the icons on the right :p)

20 GB a day per file (meaning you can always divide the data across a few files) is not so bad; specially considering you're using direct links (for files in the public directory) and none of the "waiting x seconds" inserting captcha and having to see a few ads along the way. It's definitely not so bad; but I don't know how many people download these and how many GB that amounts to. (I don't even know how much does your mod currently weights at)

You could also release it on whatever service allows it, even if temporarily and then migrate to a service like this, seeing the gold-rush should happen right after the mod get's launched; so hitting a limits should happen right about that time.

There's also other options, quick google tells me Skydrive lacks bandwidth limitations and can public link (uploads are limited to 2 GB on desktop client, or 300 MB via the browser) and then there's Google Drive also has no bandwidth restrictions (and offers 5 GB per account).

So yeah, perhaps not Dropbox just to be safe, but Google Drive seems just like what the doctor ordered.

See, the issue for "responsibility if sued" for Megaupload, Rapidshare and Mediafile (etc) lies in the fact they make money from every download link (from ads) it's their modus operandi so they can be held responsible for profiting while causing damages to another party. Therefore a service that lacks advertising should be totally safe by comparison.

Hypatia

Yeah, honestly I have no idea how much it's been downloaded, I recently started a tumblr and I know I got a bunch more downloads but I didn't get to check mediafire earlier to see how much.

I think 20GB should be enough though so yeah... thanks for that =]

Oh, and here's some of the alternate link textures I mentioned:

tumblr_mmpgrlFfSG1sq0cvdo1_500.png

tumblr_mmo915rNY91sq0cvdo1_500.png

You guys notice the Surround Sound option in the latest revisions? Anyone use them?

Doesn't seem to work here. Tried renaming soft_oal.dll to openal32.dll like it said and that resulted in lower audio quality and I can't hear any surround effects.. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Kokonoe

Banned
Yeah, honestly I have no idea how much it's been downloaded, I recently started a tumblr and I know I got a bunch more downloads but I didn't get to check mediafire earlier to see how much.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/cdc1b912453d49062ef7a510316d93f4/tumblr_mmpgrlFfSG1sq0cvdo1_500.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/e4e90cc587e595979a4e1289c1584a37/tumblr_mmo915rNY91sq0cvdo1_500.png

That's awesome, Hypatia!

There should be a play as Tetra mod.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

tumblr_mmpgrlFfSG1sq0cvdo1_500.png

tumblr_mmo915rNY91sq0cvdo1_500.png

Hey duder, could you link to your tumblr?

Top Bottom