• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Domino's Pizza has new logo, hopes new restaurant design will spark more business

Status
Not open for further replies.

sky

Restaurant just look like starbucks for pizza... boring. I was expecting something a bit more upscale, like chinese pizza hut.

Ra\/en

You obviously didn't live through the horrors of their pizza in the 80's and 90's.

No... My parents always bought Pizza Hut. It was greasy but good.

I have to give credit to domino's pizza for how CHEAP it is. I did enjoy it when I was a broke college student.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I thought I was officially living in Bizarro World when I suddenly realized that Domino's is now more expensive than Pizza Hut, but their pizza really is a million times better than it used to be so it's justified. I tried their Wisconsin Six Cheese artisan pizza for the first time last week and I don't think that I'll ever be able to eat pizza that doesn't have feta as a topping ever again.

The store redesigns might be too ambitious but I'm not aware of any Domino's around me that were built for accommodating more than a couple of customers at a time but this whole plan sounds designed to appeal to people in rich neighborhoods or whatever. Hell, the Domino's that I frequent was built in a burnt-out gas station and there's maybe a 5x15 space between the counter and the wall with a little waiting bench. Not much space for all the doo-dads and whirlygigs that they want to install to make you feel like your pizza pickup experience has some kind of profound meaning.

Regardless, I wish them the best because their product is good and they deserve continued success.

Koomaster

logo looks alright, though I don't think red and blue are very complementary as colors

I'd go there more often if they had a well-done option on their website, like papa johns has. while I like the buttery taste of the new crust, it's almost always half-baked, which ruins it for me
You can give them instructions on the website if you want them to bake the pizza more. They pretty much accommodate any request.

I like their new pizza; think it's pretty great and the price is decent. The parmesan bread bites tho are the worst. Both times I have ordered them have come down sick right after. Don't know what it is about the things, but they make me have to go to the bathroom pretty badly. ~___~

Spat_triate

I used to hate Dominos, but I gave them a chance a couple months ago and really liked it. The online interface is slick as hell and the service is quick.

More power to them. I hope they get more business.

Not gonna hate on any chain.. but there's just so much better pizza available.

If something is trying to be "quality" it better be really high quality.. or else to me it will fall flat.

I'm either in the mood for SUPER CHEAP salty pizza like Little Caesars, or I go all out and want something more interesting with fancier ingredients and often not even tomato based sauce.

The in between "trying to be quality for cheap" places generally just don't do it for me.

mavs

Not gonna hate on any chain.. but there's just so much better pizza available.

If something is trying to be "quality" it better be really high quality.. or else to me it will fall flat.

I'm either in the mood for SUPER CHEAP salty pizza like Little Caesars, or I go all out and want something more interesting with fancier ingredients and often not even tomato based sauce.

The in between "trying to be quality for cheap" places generally just don't do it for me.

They aren't much more expensive than Little Caesars. Might be the same or even cheaper since they serve larger pizzas.

Angry Fork

Thread made me want to order:

aVfIa.png

MMMMM Still not here, has been 40+ minutes since order.

Happens every time.

WHY CAN'T DRIVERS GET A GPS IF THEY DON'T KNOW WHERE THEY'RE GOING /1ST WORLD RAGE

Volimar

I don't mind their pizza. Now that Papa John's is on my shit list, they've moved up on my preferences, but they're still behind like 4 other pizza places.

DoomGyver

Dominos closed in my town, even though they're right next to campus. Now we have Papa Johns, pizza king, and Murphys to choose from.

Dresden

not gonna lie, their pizza is better than papa john's or pizza hut at this point, although that's not saying much.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
NoRéN;41158533 said:
I've also heard of Pizza Hut locations having buffets. I've never seeing any of these pizza places where you can dine in. Is it an East Coast thing? Middle America thing?

Pizza Huts here in CO are all sit down affairs. With lunch buffets. I daresay your experience isn't the norm. Pizza Hut was pretty much the same in England when I was over there too. (Corn was a pizza topping which struck me as bizarre though.)

The new store design aims to put pizza front and center with a “Pizza Theater” format that will have “pizza-making artists” hand tossing dough and creating custom-made pies in front of guests

Interesting. Here in the states most pizzerias do exactly this already.
I don't see how this could hurt them in any way, it will probably be a boon to business somehow.

DarkFlow

Banned
NoRéN;41158533 said:
I've also heard of Pizza Hut locations having buffets. I've never seeing any of these pizza places where you can dine in. Is it an East Coast thing? Middle America thing?

Well when I lived in Niagara Falls, NY my girlfriend at the time thought it was crazy that pizza hut delivered. I guess in Niagara Falls you can only pick up or eat in.

As far as the Buffets go, When I was in the Army stationed at Ft. Carson, The Pizza Hut outside base had a buffet. We would crush that thing on our lunch hour, I'm sure they hated us.

dekline

Gotta love drunkenly ordering domino's at 2am with your friends. Their pizza is pretty good especially for the price and the crust is godlike.

DominoKid

shit damn that's classy.

on the food, i'm one of those weird people that liked the pizza before they "fixed" it like 2 years ago.
the new pizza is awful

i love the sandwiches though. especially the chicken parm.
one of those and an hour nap and i'm good to go.

commedieu

Banned
I wish I could get a 100-200k commission with this bullshit. My lord...

and some poor gafer thinks he ruined his life over this..

GavinGT

Banned
shit damn that's classy.

on the food, i'm one of those weird people that liked the pizza before they "fixed" it like 2 years ago.
the new pizza is awful

All that changed was they upped the mozzarella content in the cheese, added a little red pepper to the sauce, and started putting a garlic parmesan blend on the crust (which you can ask to not have put on). I think you're imagining things.

Domino's came out with a new pan pizza. It is actually pretty good. Better than Pizza Hut's pan.

The new pan pizzas are so good. I work there and I'm totally craving one right now.

CTE

Well when I lived in Niagara Falls, NY my girlfriend at the time thought it was crazy that pizza hut delivered. I guess in Niagara Falls you can only pick up or eat in.

As far as the Buffets go, When I was in the Army stationed at Ft. Carson, The Pizza Hut outside base had a buffet. We would crush that thing on our lunch hour, I'm sure they hated us.

We still have one in our town. BC, Canada for reference. 6 or 7 bucks for all you can eat at lunch. We can have it delivered, too, of course. Never heard of a dine-in/take-out only Pizza Hut myself.

DominoKid

All that changed was they upped the mozzarella content in the cheese, added a little red pepper to the sauce, and started putting a garlic parmesan blend on the crust (which you can ask to not have put on). I think you're imagining things.

see i didnt know that. i just thought they changed the crust dough completely.
the pizza does taste really different though. at least to me.

Man, all of the Dominoes around here would have to move into a much, much bigger storefront to be able to achieve that new design.

GavinGT

Banned
Man, all of the Dominoes around here would have to move into a much, much bigger storefront to be able to achieve that new design.

Yeah, that's showing some sort of test store. That's just unrealistic in most cases.

Thread made me want to order:

aVfIa.png

MMMMM Still not here, has been 40+ minutes since order.

Happens every time.

WHY CAN'T DRIVERS GET A GPS IF THEY DON'T KNOW WHERE THEY'RE GOING /1ST WORLD RAGE

The only time this happens is if the manager is being scandalous and clocks the driver back in early to keep his numbers up. The pizza tracker is legit when everyone follows the rules.

I really like what Dominos has done recently. Their pizza is a lot better than it was before the crust/cheese changes, and their advertisement shockingly acknowledges that their previous pizza and breadsticks were horrible. Interesting marketing strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom