• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don’t Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
this is what pops in my pants

bone.gif
SalsaShark, don't thrust the bitch in Apartment 23. With your novelty strap on, as it were.

Might have been the weirdest episode of a comedy on a major network I've ever seen. Some of the cutaways, the concepts, the set pieces, and that goddamn tag at the end. Amazing.

EDIT: I didn't even laugh that much, but I appreciated the weirdness. The inner monologue of the crab cakes woman, for example, was just so surreal.

G0523

Great episode last night! I honestly wasn't expecting the montage of making the jam to turn into footage for a fetish website. Hilarious! Also, what did Chloe mouth (when it was censored) when she was talking to Van Der Beek's assistant? It looked like "Suck my cock" but I could be wrong.

So I watched the first two episodes when they came out and didnt like it.

Out of nowhere decided to watch today....

I highly enjoyed episodes 4 and 5 (jam episode)

Im conflicted now.

James Van Der Beek amuses me

(Theyre still free on hulu)

Medalion

Banned
Think they had a Growing Pains reunion ages ago

But I digress

Good ep

Nice cameos from Zack Morris, Malcolm in the Middle, and Busy

I am glad I stuck with the show, there's just something about it that is kinda off centre about it that I love and meta

Oh right...

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
James Van Der Beek.

Lol, the show is terribly corny, that makes it funny to an extent.

At the end of every episode, the blonde girl has always learned a lesson that she repeats to the audience, like it's fricken Carebears.

Medalion

Banned
Buddy of mine got a role on this show, so I guess I'll have to give it a watch, but it looks awful.

I thought it would be as well... the show on the surface appears to be aimed at females, but it's clever enough to appeal to people that like clever humor, pop-cultural satire

Plus ya get some decent eye candy if ya enjoy Krysten Ritter, and the blonde girl but I think she's kinda a spaz

kirblar

James Van Der Beek.

Lol, the show is terribly corny, that makes it funny to an extent.

At the end of every episode, the blonde girl has always learned a lesson that she repeats to the audience, like it's fricken Carebears.
But the lessons are usually about learning how to be selfish! :)

Enosh

I was this close to making an angry post about how they killed off James ^^

the whole talking to other celebrities thing was brilliant, especially Malcolm

randomwab

I came in here hoping someone had made a GIF of Ritter's reactions to walking in on the girl in the bath last season. I leave disappointed. I need to learn to make gifs.

Medalion

Banned
James poking fun at himself through memes and now this show

I've never seen a guy some willing to wail on his own image as much as he does

ivysaur12

Banned
Chloe sucks.

Everything else about this show is getting better. I really, really want to live in a world where this and Happy Endings are on for years to come. Alas, it's not meant to be.

StuBurns

Banned
Just wanted to say I found out about this show last night, and watched it all today. I really enjoyed it. I think June is a little weak, but Dawson is amazing. Not a fantastic show, but certainly entertaining. And Ritter is next level business.

Medalion

Banned
Nice twist, and meta revelation about chich flicks/shows

And damn that bee woman chugged that OJ

This show works on another level in a parallel universe

ivysaur12

Banned
I've really never been the biggest fan of this show, but fuck, last night's was good. And last week's was really strong as well.

With Community off the air, Happy Endings and Apartment 23 may be in the running for the prize of "Ratings do not reflect quality" prize.

I've really never been the biggest fan of this show, but fuck, last night's was good. And last week's was really strong as well.

With Community off the air, Happy Endings and Apartment 23 may be in the running for the prize of "Ratings do not reflect quality" prize.

Yeah, this was pretty damn funny last night. The ratings are just so pitiful. Too bad it's not on NBC.

Medalion

Banned
I haven't been following this show's ratings, I just am enjoying it for what it is

If it got cancelled after 13 episodes... it would still be a fun ride, but I don;t know if I can say that I would need for this show to carry on... it's a bunch of fun, but has no real sense of direction... it just exists

ivysaur12

Banned
I haven't been following this show's ratings, I just am enjoying it for what it is

If it got cancelled after 13 episodes... it would still be a fun ride, but I don;t know if I can say that I would need for this show to carry on... it's a bunch of fun, but has no real sense of direction... it just exists

It's 19. There are 6 that carry over from season 1. The show doesn't need direction. It's turning into the most perfect live-action animated comedy and I adore it for that reason.

Yeah, this was pretty damn funny last night. The ratings are just so pitiful. Too bad it's not on NBC.

The Voice was an unfortunate happening this week. I have no doubt Apt23 will be back to a 1.5-1.7 in two weeks without The Voice and without Sandy. Still might not be good enough, but I know the CW has been seriously looking at Apt23 and Happy Endings. I actually think Happy Endings will live on ABC, but I would love Apt23 to continue to on somehow.

And let's be real. The block is not staying on Tuesday. OR, something else is happening Tuesdays at 8. The network loves both shows. We'll see what happens.

You don't watch Happy, do you? You should.

ivysaur12

Banned
I did my part and watched the show last night. Commercials suck, but I wanted to show Happy and this some live love.

This season, it might be my favorite comedy block on TV. It's just too bad that The Voice killed DWTS and New Girl is still a thing. But I do hope both shows will live on in some way, whether on ABC or somewhere else.

Then again, both shows get the majority of their audiences from NYC! So who knows!

Here comes captain buzzkill.

Bladenic

This season, it might be my favorite comedy block on TV. It's just too bad that The Voice killed DWTS and New Girl is still a thing. But I do hope both shows will live on in some way, whether on ABC or somewhere else.

Then again, both shows get the majority of their audiences from NYC! So who knows!

I like this show but New Girl is way better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom