• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald J. Trump to re-open 9/11 Commision Report and find out who did it

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
Maybe Trump is just a social experiment to see how many US Americans are idiots? Wanna take a bet? 33% maybe? More? Less?

Samarqand

Banned
Opinion polls about 9/11 conspiracy theories
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polls_about_9/11_conspiracy_theories
911worldopinionpoll_Sep2008_pie.png

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I wonder if that 7% Israel figure lines up with the percentage of folks who blame literally everything bad on "the jews"

Honey Bunny

He is talking about the truther conspiracy. He's saying that he'll let people know "who "really" knocked down [the] WTC" once he's President.

This could not be any clearer:

He's not talking about some crazy conspiracy theory people... he's talking about the classified pages of the 9/11 report.

“Who blew up the World Trade Center? It wasn't the Iraqis, it was Saudi — take a look at Saudi Arabia, open the documents,” Trump told the gang at Fox & Friends Wednesday morning, a

“It wasn’t the Iraqis that knocked down the World Trade Center,” Trump told a crowd in Bluffton, South Carolina. “It wasn’t the Iraqis. You will find out who really knocked down the World Trade Center, ‘cuz they have papers in there that are very secret. You may find it’s the Saudis, okay? But you will find out.”

I for one am fine with helping show more reasons why the Iraq war was a mistake and that Saudi Arabia is a terrible ally.

dabig2

He is talking about the truther conspiracy. He's saying that he'll let people know "who "really" knocked down [the] WTC" once he's President.

He's not talking about the truther movement and that the US government was behind it all or even knew about the entire plan ahead of time. They of course were heavily incompetent and focused on other things (like invading Iraq), but that's not the truther movement. He's talking about how the terrorists had a lot of links to Saudi national interests that were overlooked or ignored by the US for their own reasons (mostly because it would be embarrassing and money is of course involved here).

Here's the full context of Trump's talk from about 2 weeks ago when it was brought up:
(RCP 2-17-16) Donald Trump on 9/11: "You Will Find Out Who Really Knocked Down The World Trade Center"
DONALD TRUMP: We went after Iraq, they did not knock down the World Trade Center. It wasn’t the Iraqis that knocked down the World Trade Center, we went after Iraq, we decimated the country, Iran’s taking over, okay.

But it wasn’t the Iraqis, you will find out who really knocked down the World Trade Center. Because they have papers in there that are very secret, you may find it’s the Saudis, okay? But you will find out.

But when I look at a guy like Lindsey Graham, you’ll end up being over in that war forever, you’ll start World War Three.

This 28 page redacted document is nothing new. There's a bipartisan house resolution on this very topic that was released back in 2014.

fake edit: see above as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom