• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Trump calls for no debate moderators a week after praising them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolx

In an interview with CNBC on Monday morning, Trump said the presidential debates should feature no moderators, because he knows before the debates are even held that they would be very unfair to him.

"I'm going to be treated very, very unfairly by the moderators," he said, adding: "I think we should have a debate with no moderators — just Hillary and I sitting there, talking."

"It's going to be a very unfair debate," Trump told CNBC. "And I can see it happening right now because everyone's saying that he was soft on Trump. Well now, the new person is going to be really hard on Trump just to show the establishment what he can do."

The problem? Trump already agreed to take part in the debates and gave the existing moderators — Fox News's Chris Wallace, NBC's Lester Holt, ABC's Martha Raddatz and CNN's Anderson Cooper — a thumbs-up.

"I like them," Trump said last week in a Q&A with reporters aboard his plane. "I respect the moderators. I do respect them."

Donald Trump calls for no debate moderators a week after praising them

ZeroGravity

He's basically saying "When I inevitably lose the debate, please don't judge me too harshly because obviously the deck was stacked against me."

Trump wouldn't consider any debate fair unless he's given a button that electrocutes his opponent and the camera stays on him at the same angle the entire time.

Hypron

This motherfucker really thinks he's all so special.

This setup's been used for years and years and for a good reason.

The man thrives on chaos. There is no way he should be allowed anywhere near a debate, without someone to keep him from bullying Clinton and spouting endless verbal diarrhea.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Lol how the hell would that work out?

RPGCrazied

Oh fuck off. Prepare to get destroyed in these. Or you know, don't show up, like you did one of the primary debates and look like an asshole.

rjinaz

Trump wants to dictate the conversation so he doesn't actually have to talk about policy. Shocking. I can imagine his idea of a debate would be allowing him freestyle to just say nasty things about Crooked Hillary for 3 hours.

Betty

Banned
Trump wants to dictate the conversation so he doesn't actually have to talk about policy. Shocking. I can imagine his idea of a debate would be allowing him freestyle to just say nasty things about Crooked Hillary for 3 hours.

Basically yes, he wants to talk over her rather than let her have time to reply.

I CAN NOT wait to watch this debate. Trump put on the spot, asked specifics, squirming under scrutiny. Of course he's just going to deflect criticism and distract people's attention from anything he can't answer (which will be anything other than high his wall will be), because that's all he's good for... but it will still be highly entertaining.

I wonder how often Trump knows he's lying. I sometimes think he doesn't, that he's so deranged, he actually believes the BS he's spouting. But then he says something like this, and it seems more likely he knows.

Darmstadtium

Bandwagoner
All Trump hate aside, I would actually kind of like to watch a debate between the two of them with no moderators. It could be pretty entertaining.

D i Z

There are many ways he can manipulate the outcome of these debates for his base, but he's not weaseling out of discussing policy within a reasonable time frame.
He's not going to be allowed to pull a fox news and interrupt, talk over, raise his voice and distract. And he's not going to be allowed to out right lie without being called out by moderators and his opponent.

iammeiam

Trump isn't going to do the debates. Calling it now

My secret debate wish is he realizes he's bombing midway through, declares the whole thing rigged, and storms out mid-somebody-correcting-him in a demonstration of how strong/willing to leave the table he is.

Drakeon

My secret debate wish is he realizes he's bombing midway through, declares the whole thing rigged, and storms out mid-somebody-correcting-him in a demonstration of how strong/willing to leave the table he is.

I've been secretly hoping that Hillary pisses him off enough for him to say something super misogynistic and just shock everyone.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Sub-par moderation all the same. This man is a complete buffoon.

I wanna see some damn follow up questions for once.

Not a fox news viewer by any means but Chris Wallace said the other day that's it's not his job to be a "truth squad."

What a joke.

Nafai1123

Banned
A debate without moderators and rules isn't a debate. It's just an argument.

In this case it would be an argument between mom Hillary and child Don.

"Why can't I use nukes?"
"Donald, please put the nukes down."
"But whyyyyyyyyyyyy?"
"Donald J. Trump you put those nukes down right now or you're not getting any dessert."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom