• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze announced for WiiU

blackflag

DKCR 1 was AMAZING.....but I don't know that I need another....and I don't think that Retro's talents should be put to waste on this.

Have them develop a new IP or something Nintendo...Retro is one of the best developers in the world, surely they could work on something new.

This is what I think of when I hear this name. It sounds like something you'd buy at Quick Trip.

This game looks awesome and I really want to play it. I don't even want Retro to make another Metroid. Not another Prime anyway. I want a 3rd person Metroid on Wii U and a 2D one on 3DS.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
k-bigpic.jpg

This is what I think of when I hear this name. It sounds like something you'd buy at Quick Trip.

Donkey Kong Country: Jamba Juice

Game looks fun, but, like all of Nintendo's presentation, very safe. Not much new gameplay introductions from the trailer. The camera angle changes look like they don't really effect gameplay.

This really does look stunning. Watching the gameplay vids, it's clear they're doing a whole lot more with the 'shifting dynamics' of the levels we saw in Returns.

Very excited. I was initially disappointed that Retro wasn't working on something different this time, but I am really happy after watching the gameplay videos.

I really hope they keep the challenge up there. I loved the tough levels of Returns.

Cosmozone

Looks great from those new angles and very dynamic. Yeah, expected something different from Retro, but eventually this was not their only project (I hope). Will buy still. Fun incoming. Still, too many Jump'n Runs coming from Nintendo recently.

I wonder whether Wise will compose the majority of the soundtrack? That would be great. And will he be able to compose more 'serious' music that isn't upbeat?

It's great that they listened to fan requests to get the original composer on board. I am still quite surprised it's happening.

roddur

if this is the game retro was developing nintendo should've shown it last year E3. i think it would've been far better idea.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
A little disappointed in that it looks like diddy plays similar to the first DKCR... might be wrong about that. Either way still going to get it.

TDLink

Can someone confirm whether or not you can play as Diddy in single player?

In the developer direct for this game they say that there are certain secrets/areas/collectibles you can only get to with certain characters now that there are more than 2. With that in mind I find it highly unlikely that only the second player will be able to switch out, or that they would force you to find a friend to 100% the game.

Basically, it isn't confirmed but I find it highly likely.

Kurtofan

Remember when Retro's new game was heralded as the second coming. Well, I mean I guess it was, but not in a good way.

You hate the Donkey Kong Country series, we get it, it still remains one of the best platforming series that has a lot of fans, whether you like it or not.

"Donkey Kong amirite guys ahaha, dem kiddie nintendo fans"

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
No doubt it's going to be a great game, but I was really hoping for Metroid or a new ip from them. Wonder if this will hit 3DS at some point?

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Loved the first one. Definitely day one.
It's pretty cool we can play as someone other than Diddy and Donkey Kong this time too.

AGoodODST

I hope they add a few extra worlds. I found the first game just a little on the short side.

Other than that though, pretty excited for some more Donkey Kong. The enemy designs look a lot better this time round.

Top Bottom