• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dontnod CEO on Life is Strange dev costs, mobile release and retail version

ghostjoke

Banned
I don't have any real interest in these but people giving DONTNOD more money, I'm okay with; hoping they (considering how much they seem to genuinely care) would be able to expand upon the endings in the way they originally wanted to in the future if they prove successful in other markets.

Fantastic news! Glad I've waited to pick this up until after the entire game was available, I'll just get the physical release now then!

I'm hearing positive things all around, this is making me excited to try it out.

I also can't wait for them to properly reveal ''Vampyr'', now that is one title I can't wait for.

I sadly haven't gotten this yet, but at this point since it seems basically confirmed, I shall wait for the retail release. Game looks great and will love to play it soon.

I'm happy for their success, because I really enjoyed Life is Strange. The final episode was a bit disappointing, but the game as a whole was great and I'll remember it fondly.

I won't buy it physically, but hope it does well for them.

Razyl

Retail-version with Soundtrack-CD? Double dip - Day one. Great game, my goty so far, and good for dontnod (and square) that Life is Strange sold well. They earned it!

lumi7890

All really great news, and well deserved too. The game was freakin fantastic and is definitely on my goty list. And i am all in in the physical edition with the soundtrack, hell add in an artbook while thier at it and i'll be there day one. Also season 2 is definitely all but confirm. With the square talking up it's sales awhile it would be dumb not to do a second season.

Slyfer

Neo Member
I've been wanting to play this game ever since it came out but I avoided it since I don't like gaming in episodes. Being able to purchase a complete physical copy is perfect and I'm definitely looking forward for the ps4 release date.

Roussow

I'd double dip. Mostly just to support that game -- Although I really hope for a special edition with a soundtrack or an art book -- art book especially. I can just imagine the concept art for stuff like Chloe's room & the beached whales. That game has the best use of pallet in recent memory.

Certinty

Would definitely buy a physical version as well.

My game of the year by a long way and honestly for £16 it's probably one of the biggest bargains around.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck yes, a soundtrack?! I'm totally double dipping, then. Fuck my budget. I'm hella happy they got great sales with this. I'm hoping for a Season 2.

Joeku

I would assume that would be the OST and not the licensed stuff.

Either way, I would absolutely buy this again on another platform. I paid disgustingly little for how good it is.

eksy

Banned
Include the soundtrack and you have another double-dipper here. I get to buy the CD and support DONTNOD.

I always had faith in them from the very beginning, even with Remember Me you can see their vision. Then everybody starting jumping on the bandwagon with LiS

Right after eps 4 I said this game would sell merch like crazy. Snow globe, doe with blue butterfly, Hawt Dog Man, various Max t-shirts, Rachel flannel, Rachel missing poster, Vortex club stuff, actual polaroid photo that Max entered in the EH contest, etc

Ledhead

I just bought the season due to Sony's spend 100$ get 15$ back deal, as well as a lot of people on GAF fawning over this game. I heard it was a little cringey but decided to give it a shot. I got myself a nice glass of Whiskey and finished episode 1. Holy, this game is great. While it's mostly highschool drama so far, I had a lot of fun playing as Max (awesome character, I really enjoy her so far).

I have a feeling it won't take me too long to power through the season. I'm glad it sold well.

Shauni

Is there a list of music somewhere out there that was featured in the game? This talk of the soundtrack makes me want to just look up some of the stuff now.

I wish we could get a retail version of episodic games that cut all the "previously on..." and crap like that and make it a whole, consistent experience. I always wait until entire seasons are out before buying/playing episodic games, and it bugs me that the format sticks.

Its like Netflix Original TV series that release the entire season in one go, but still have intros and credits and shit once an hour when you binge watch the show. Like... why?

Even if they cut that out, the way the story is told, it would still have that fractured feel to it since each episode has a clear beginning, middle and end. It's just how it was made.

As far as TV shows, though, a lot of the reason for that is crediting. While actors and producers are often the same from episode to episode, crew can change a lot from episode to episode.

CHC

II think the most amazing part of this is that Square Enix is HAPPY. They are the masters of comically huge sales targets and subsequent disappointment.

Either way it's a great game and it's kind of touching that it saved their studio from ruin after Remember Me (which was actually a cool game, but flawed).

Here's hoping it's not Europe-only or something. Love to get boxes for these types of releases.

BsZp5OrCUAA0oAT.jpg

cool dog

Top Bottom