• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom (2016) ALPHA Data mining (New informations)

Source is Doomworld

Some stuff:
http://imgur.com/a/XeVYb

ESvw2rQ.jpg

op380P8.jpg

ysE1F1K.jpg

MPK8KpB.jpg

kYjkm9j.jpg

TJbYXpr.jpg

jFaXi9s.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/moGSd

As you can see, there's some info about a character related to some NPC named Olivia. Maybe this is related to the crazy lady from the last Game Informer Article (the one who unleashed the demons in a sort of satanic cult thing).

- THE SPIDER MASTERMIND/SPIDERDEMON is present.

- The same for the Archvile.

- AI and tags for the Cyberdemon.

- MP Maps.

- Some info about Marines vs The UAC personnel (MP factions maybe?)

- Difficulty levels, named after the originals from DOOM/DOOM 2.

- Something about an Aqua and a Hell Marine (NPCs? Armors? Upgrades?)

- Some technic information related to the rendering and the cinematics.

- The name "Zion" is present in almost every string, maybe was the original name for the project or it's related to the cancelled DOOM game (AKA Call of Doom).

If you wanna know more, just ask me and I will try to find some new info.

KKRT00

Nightmare is Ironmode, what?! ...

Thats just stupid design. Person who made it, doesnt understand doom's level mastering design.

Welfare

Going to wait for the cheese strats before attempting Nightmare. Hopefully Ultra Violence is about the same difficulty as old Nightmare.

I wonder if Nightmare mode has respawning monsters or is just a tougher UV. I always played on UV in previous dooms.

edit: I just read the descrip text for Nightmare. lol holy crap

I'm guessing the description on Nightmare is out of date. There was a Q&A video during the Game Informer coverage where the director said in Nightmare if you die you have to restart the level and there aren't any checkpoints, and named an Ultra Nightmare mode but didn't say anything about it. Guessing Ultra Nightmare is the whole game Ironman mode now and was added in after the Alpha (where this leaked data is all from) which is from October or earlier.

KKRT00

I'm guessing the description on Nightmare is out of date. There was a Q&A video during the Game Informer coverage where the director said in Nightmare if you die you have to restart the level and there aren't any checkpoints, and named an Ultra Nightmare mode but didn't say anything about it. Guessing Ultra Nightmare is the whole game Ironman mode now and was added in after the Alpha (where this leaked data is all from) which is from October or earlier.

Thats more reasonable. Not being able to restart the level You want on highest difficulty is just bad design. Toggle or extra difficulty with Ironman is totally fine.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
- The name "Zion" is present in almost every string, maybe was the original name for the project or it's related to the cancelled DOOM game (AKA Call of Doom).

Yep.

commissar

"If true, uses Quake-style acceleration that allows the strafe jumping speed boost. If false, prevents the strafe-jump speed boost."

:0

Ultraviolence for me. I'm not taking the risk of Nightmare mode, that's some shit that'll make you put a controller through the wall.

Warxard

Banned
"If true, uses Quake-style acceleration that allows the strafe jumping speed boost. If false, prevents the strafe-jump speed boost."

:0

Holy shit let me go hug my fiancé

If we get basically Quake Multiplayer out of DOOM MP I'm dropping Halo/CS so quick

Tovarisc

I scrubbed whole Doomworld thread earlier today and compiled most of information into single pastebin post, but isn't absolutely 1:1 copypasta from thread as stuff like audio strings for weapon sounds aren't that interesting.

CAUTION! Don't open if you don't want read stuff about Campaign!

http://pastebin.com/FsRciWsS

Return of the king baby.

Spider.gif

Hell Escape, which appears to be something like the game Left 4 Dead, but in more of an arena style

gandalf-beautiful-gif.gif

This could well be GOTY. Without breaking the alpha thingy, the multiplayer is bound to be solid too.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
you can only hold 2 weapons LOOOOOL

2 normal weapons + 1 special weapon, special weapon lost when it runs out of ammo

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Nightmare is Ironmode, what?! ...

Thats just stupid design. Person who made it, doesnt understand doom's level mastering design.

Thats more reasonable. Not being able to restart the level You want on highest difficulty is just bad design. Toggle or extra difficulty with Ironman is totally fine.

are you familiar with doom at all? the original nightmare was basically a joke difficulty. everyone plays on UV except for a handful of crazies.

What is Hydra? One screen wants you to ensure you're logged into it.

I was going to guess it was that Bethesda account thing, but the next screen mentions Beth.net directly, so I dunno.

I saw a .webm floating around /v/ of a minigun that transforms into a 5...a 5minigun. Seems pretty neat. The action was pretty fast too.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Someone is going to die while playing Nightmare and then you'll see what the melee executions look like when done to a TV.

are you familiar with doom at all? the original nightmare was basically a joke difficulty. everyone plays on UV except for a handful of crazies.

This. Nightmare has always been a niche difficulty level. I'm assuming it will be no different here.

In a recent Q&A video from GameInformer, Marty Stratton also gave more information on the difficulty levels. He said that in Nightmare mode, your progress is only saved between levels rather than via checkpoints, and that there will also be an Ultra Nightmare mode that's even tougher. He starts discussing the difficulty levels at around 16:40.

Lanrutcon

Nightmare shouldn't be possible, unless there are no hitscan enemies, in which case: what do their guns fire...potatoes?

Top Bottom