• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom (2016) ALPHA Data mining (New informations)

Teknoman

Still dont think 2 weapons only for MP mode is a good idea... Was hoping for some good ol fashioned multi weapon gameplay with item pick ups around the map. Still looking forward to it.

Spider Mastermind! Wow!
Please be something like this:

lbU08n.jpg

NO THEY SHOULDNT! SHUT UP! lol
They won't! :D

biteren

Still dont think 2 weapons only for MP mode is a good idea... Was hoping for some good ol fashioned multi weapon gameplay with item pick ups around the map. Still looking forward to it.

the 2 weapon loadout for MP feels Halo-esk. you pic 2 weapons that can compliment each other from what i played from the BETA. works pretty good imo

even if you dont like it, maybe they will have a classic style playlist with weapon pick ups. with Snap Map i dont see how its difficult

EmSeta

Nightmare sounds like it's made for streamers.

I really want this game to be amazing, but I still have the taste of that horrible first trailer in my mouth.

Nightmare shouldn't be possible, unless there are no hitscan enemies, in which case: what do their guns fire...potatoes?

Someone's never played Nightmare difficulty on DOOM 1. It basically WAS impossible; so much so that even John Romero couldn't finish it and couldn't properly test it (hence the warning "Are you SURE? This skill level isn't even REMOTELY fair!"

wwm0nkey

Apparently someone leaked the alpha files online. Beth is probably not happy, though I am now expecting a beta announcement pretty soon.

Apparently someone leaked the alpha files online. Beth is probably not happy, though I am now expecting a beta announcement pretty soon.

Was going to say, might this mean we'll hear beta details soon? Hoping so. Bought Wolfenstein so long ago that I forgot until recently that DOOM beta access came with it..

wwm0nkey

Was going to say, might this mean we'll hear beta details soon? Hoping so. Bought Wolfenstein so long ago that I forgot until recently that DOOM beta access came with it..

Its going to be the only way to get people away from downloading this alpha, since apparently the alpha works with online play too.

MiguelItUp

So every game that has character customization is basicly Halo?

And this DOOM plays nothing like Halo.

Haha, right? Not to mention being able to change the color of your armor, or even change your armor in anyway connects to Doom 1/2. I really hope they have armor variants though. I'd love to be wearing classic Doom 1/2 armor.

Sensible consumers will choose Ultra Violence!

Which according to the devs you will get murdered in if you try standing still.

Hot strafing action baby. Leaping betwixt fireballs and plasma balls like a ballet dancer whilst loading the Barons full of shells. I am so pumped for May!

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
So I hate the trophy whore in me, if nightmare has a trophy, looks like I'm running it... I'm not looking forward to it lol

NO THEY SHOULDNT! SHUT UP! lol

Why not, seems to be easier that Doom 1 and 2 with those respawning enemies. Just tougher enemies and not dying in levels seems pretty achievable.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Haven't really paid much attention to this game. Am I ever going to be able to use this beta code I got from wolfenstein? Or did I already miss the boat on that? Haha

Haven't really paid much attention to this game. Am I ever going to be able to use this beta code I got from wolfenstein? Or did I already miss the boat on that? Haha
We've already had the alpha which was unrelated to that, the beta you're talking about should be coming in the next few months!

it was great, everyone i let play absoloutly loves it

i hope it isnt just the ALPHA again, like to see more/diffrent stuff

I'd love to get my hands on some SP stuff or even SnapMap, even if both of those things are highly unlikely since pulling those off in a beta format would be quite difficult. Regular old DM/TDM has just been done to death these days. I have little interest in running around tiny maps, shooting at other players until I die, respawning, and repeating until the match ends. I honestly don't see the appeal. You'd might as well be playing CoD or Halo. I prefer gameplay (and level design) that's actually fresh and interesting, and that's what the SP campaign appears to deliver in spades.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
None, it's a bit were to late for that. But I would be happy if Doom and wolfenstein could support Vulkan

I'd say it's too early given the API just hit 1.0 and driver support is still in its early days. I doubt Doom will be patched to support Vulkan, but I wouldn't rule out the next id Tech 6 game supporting it (Dishonored 2, possibly, depending on when it hits and assuming Void was indeed an early fork of id Tech 6).

Nightmare reminds me of PS1 Doom where there were no save points mid-level and the game operated on a password save system.

I remember the one Doom II level where you first fought the Cyberdemon had a part at the end where you sprinted across blocks, and if you fell down there was no way out. Now it was a fairly beefy level, so on PS1 Doom if you fell then it meant doing the entire thing over.

SO TENSE.

Ixion

I totally forgot about the Doom association with that.

Yeah, and if someone drummed up that controversy then it would only help sales.

I was hoping Anita Sarkesian's criticism of the violence would receive more attention, since that would also help sales. But alas, no one cares about video game violence anymore.

Yeah, and if someone drummed up that controversy then it would only help sales.

I was hoping Anita Sarkesian's criticism of the violence would receive more attention, since that would also help sales. But alas, no one cares about video game violence anymore.

cough cough *HATRED* cough cough

So apparently the dev build had a very large player spike yesterday (highest recorded since November 20th). Could mean nothing, but it looks like they may have started their internal beta.

Top Bottom