• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM Switch releases November 10

Uh yes it is. It has the - button promt when new info is available in the game

Oh wow! I definitely didn't see that.

If that's Switch footage that's incredibly impressive. That looks basically the same as it did for me when I played on PC, albeit capped at 30fps. Great port.

You can tell it's Switch footage by how blurry it is.

Uh.. I feel like I'm watching different footage if you consider that blurry. I guess there's very little footage where the camera is moving slowly enough to get a good look at stills.

Huh, the most noticeable drawback I've seen other than the resolution and framerate is that the multiplayer animations themselves look low framerate. Look at the gibs.

The_Lump

Banned
Bethesda just straight up stripped off and dived right in, huh?

Anyone getting a Switch for Christmas is sure going to have a nice little catalogue to dive into.

Support like this (although they are late ports etc) along with the stellar 1st/2nd party and Indie lineup have to confirm that Switch's first year is the GOAT in terms of console launches. I can't remember a better one.

Scrawnton

I’m very interested in this port but I’m not $60 interested. I’m not even gonna buy Skyrim at $60. IF I was to choose one at $60 though I’d go with Skyrim. I’m not sure why Bethesda is releasing two overpriced ports this close to each other.

Uh.. I feel like I'm watching different footage if you consider that blurry. I guess there's very little footage where the camera is moving slowly enough to get a good look at stills.
It's a 720 display res so it naturally looks blurrier than previously available Doom footage at 1080. I guess I should have said "you can tell it's the Switch version because it's clearly running at a lower resolution than 1080".

Garcessist

Neo Member
I cannot wait to play DOOM in bed on my Switch in portable mode! I think developers are soon going to realize that even though there is a group of gamer's that likes to play at 4k there is a huge number of people that love to play games in handheld mode!

Takat

I really hope they patch gyro-aiming, I can't play with the sticks, I've tried a lot, and that's why I love the Switch.

60 dollars and releasing in the same period as Call of Duty, Wolfenstein II, Mario Odyssey, Battlefront II, Skyrim and DOOM VR?
aEGrD1O_460sa.gif
Lord help me.

jariw

So, the port of DOOM was announced on the Nintendo Direct, September 13 - and then releases less than 2 months later? I like that.

I’m very interested in this port but I’m not $60 interested. I’m not even gonna buy Skyrim at $60. IF I was to choose one at $60 though I’d go with Skyrim. I’m not sure why Bethesda is releasing two overpriced ports this close to each other.

Millions of people bought Skyrim last year for $60 so it's not like the price is such a big barrier for old games. I'm guessing there will also be in store sales and deals throughout the month, and especially around black friday too.

It's a 720 display res so it naturally looks blurrier than previously available Doom footage at 1080. I guess I should have said "you can tell it's the Switch version because it's clearly running at a lower resolution than 1080".

I honestly couldn't tell it was running below 1080p. It looked exactly like what I played on my PC (which was at 1080p) outside of the framerate. I guess the game being in motion so much really hides the blurriness caused by lower resolution and AA, at least for me.

MisterR

Huh? Has there been new footage?

The footage from the developer interview in the OP isn't from the Switch version as far as I can tell.... also it looks fantastic.

LOL, that's not Switch footage, but if it is it looks great. Way to cover your bases.

For those saying no one plays DOOM for its multiplayer is not considering that saying is true for every other platforms that a Buku amount of FPS multiplayer they can choose from. If the install base is good on the Switch I imagine there will be a decent multiplayer following for DOOM on the Switch until better multiplayer FPS comes over.

M-PG71C

I'm in for Doom, I kept putting it on the backburner for the PS4 one. But a portable one? Day one. My pre-order is ready.

I'm already In for Skyrim (will be first playthru). I'm inclined to get this for the MP, and a little bit to reward Bethesda for taking the risk. (Not that I'd buy a bad game for that reason, but helps to tip over)

Day one. Any concern so close to skyrim? Or just getting it in for the holiday window?

I mean for me personally yeah. I was planning on getting Skyrim for Switch since way back when it was announced, but I won't really have time/money to buy both so close to each other. I'll be picking up Doom day 1 and now Skyrim will be for a later TBD date.

I think a lot of ppl were expecting Doom in December to space out the releases, which I think would've been smarter TBH.

For those saying no one plays DOOM for its multiplayer is not considering that saying is true for every other platforms that a Buku amount of FPS multiplayer they can choose from. If the install base is good on the Switch I imagine there will be a decent multiplayer following for DOOM on the Switch until better multiplayer FPS comes over.

That's assuming people who own a Switch don't already own another gaming platform.

I would give anything if Beth went ahead and brought over the XBLA/PS3 ports of DooM 1 and 2
Hell, BFG edition while you're at it!

That's assuming people who own a Switch don't already own another gaming platform.

That’s also assuming those who already owns a Switch and other platforms wouldn’t enjoy playing a multiplayer FPS on their Switch. There’s always a situation of finding a stable connection while on the go.
:D

Top Bottom