• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread 2: Real Talk Discouraged [Magnus, Teams, 6.75b, 150+ Shop Items]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

Alpine Ursa skin was removed from the shop

ulvh5.gif

Forkball

Alpine Ursa skin was removed from the shop, new key for "Treasure of Champion/Challengers" and "Pennant Upgrade"

Also new load screen/background.

Thats all I see so far...

Wow, can't believe Valve caved. I'm glad they are very in-touch with the community, but I feel like they are really subservient to the Dota community at times.

Interfectum

Wow, can't believe Valve caved. I'm glad they are very in-touch with the community, but I feel like they are really subservient to the Dota community at times.

I believe it. An item is not worth losing community trust over. The Dota community is crazy... best not to rile them up too much.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Wait really? People hated the damn hat that much? I still do not understand why. Nothing about it struck me as outlandishly out of tone compared with the contents of the rest of the game.

If you're looking for a specific hero that won't have a tough time with kotl, puck can completely evade his wave, nyx can reflect it (also kotl will be food for him in no time), AM spellshield/blink laughs at it, lone druid can sic his bear on him.

In general though, just tough it out, get a wand, only go in for last hits when they are low enough, try to watch his movements, go back if you have to. There's plenty of lanes that can beat kotl though, super agressive double stun lanes or leshrac/sd are good picks.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I wonder if the unusual courier only available in the International chests is going to the same one from the Defense with the International logo instead. Hope not

SaberVulcan

The alpine set is not gone, you can still get it in the Ursa set bundle and it might be part of The International chest drops.

Good catch. Since I wanted the Ravager set anyway, I grabbed this for the $5 difference. Hopefully I can do good trades with it in the future if something happens to the set.

Gowans

So what do you say GAF what's the beat value way to still get the Ursa set and is it worth it for possible future tradeability?

inky

I had no idea it was August 15th. My calendar must be broken.

Also remember guys, UNNACCEPTABLE:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/576704329288546003/0D3826D75A4EF3F172DE821A8F95E7AC5B38B60F/[IMG]

ACCEPTABLE:

[IMG]http://www.dota2wiki.com/images/d/df/Dreaded_Dreads.png

We can raise a stitch about that one too, if you want. That looks ugly as hell.

Gowans

It's in the Ursa pack. Funny of you o'clock on the link to the item from the pack it goes nowhere.

Think it's going so gona splash out on that primal pack.

Gowans

Bought it just in case, i'll take the gamble.

Equipped fine.

That's me done now tho, pretty much spent as much as buying a game a full price.

It is my most played game of the year tho.

Forkball

We can raise a stitch about that one too, if you want. That looks ugly as hell.

I just don't get how cowboy hat Ursa is any crazier than rasta dreadlocks Witch Doctor. Don't even tell me "it fits his character."

Since it is/will be removed, let us remember the cries of anguish from the Dota 2 dev forum about the item.

You might think you're funny and an EPIC TROLL XDDDDD, but by supporting the addition of this set you are bringing nothing good to dota 2. You are encouraging Valve to follow the TF2 way. You, along with those who support this item, will end up being the death of Dota 2.

The Alpine Ursa -set is a disgrace and definately doesn't suit the dota universe.
Please remove it.

I sent an email directly to the Dota 2 team notifying them I would not be making any more in-game purchases until the Alpine Ursa set was removed. I suggest you do the same. Let's make this clear to Valve and their shareholders, until the Alpine Ursa set is removed, we will not be spending any more money on Dota 2.

Valve:
Okay.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom