• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guesong

Yeah...I don't understand the Test client at all then.

I thought the whole point of having a Test client was to be able to patch it out and try bugfixes whenever, but they never did that this week.

Then the new patch notes about fixing Bane stuff and all?

How is it any different from the pattern we had before?

Big meh.

JustinBB7

Yeah...I don't understand the Test client at all then.

I thought the whole point of having a Test client was to be able to patch it out and try bugfixes whenever, but they never did that this week.

Then the new patch notes about fixing Bane stuff and all?

How is it any different from the pattern we had before?

Big meh.

They released 1 tiny patch with not much in it. But that's it. So hopefully they will start updating the test client more often and not just once a week.

KScorp

"Tournament mode" is only about balance, not heroes. Start a tournament mode captains draft for yourself and you'll see that you can ban/pick OD.

Which is exactly what I said. Tournament version doesn't care about hero changes, the same heroes are always present in Tournament and Latest.

Anyway, I thought the point of the Test Client was so that these bugs could be fixed before they end up in stable. I'm not seeing the point of it otherwise, save for critical hotfixes such as selling illusions' items.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
From quickly checking no new heroes are in the patch at all.

Oh looks like there is some files for Meepo now.

Sibylus

Banned
I'm mildly amazed at how many things are getting fixed on Batrider. Wonder how many more will be needed before he sees some play.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Looks like they've been adding textures mainly in this patch. Meepo, Chaos Knight and Treant all have files now.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Rules about invite talking hint hint.

I had no such luck with the giveaways for my friends, but I did end up getting one from Icefrog way before those even popped up. I've had this game for a while, now that I think about it.

edit: darn your edits!

Davidion

Our team was up by something like 15 kills with towers pushed down, and we got careless...but most importantly our rambo never-turned-on-flaming-spear-let's-jump-tide-and-ignore-everyone-else huskar ignored all teamwork cues and went from something like 16-3 to 22-25 and we end up losing the game.

Man oh man, if I wasn't so relaxed today I'd be salty like a motherfucker right now.

Our team was up by something like 15 kills with towers pushed down, and we got careless...but most importantly our rambo never-turned-on-flaming-spear-let's-jump-tide-and-ignore-everyone-else huskar ignored all teamwork cues and went from something like 16-3 to 22-25 and we end up losing the game.

Man oh man, if I wasn't so relaxed today I'd be salty like a motherfucker right now.
speaking of playing Huskar, I've been wondering: in team fights, who should characters like Huskar be looking to focus? I usually assume the guy with the most XP since his ult guarantees half health regardless of how much the enemy starts with. At the same time, I'm sure this isn't always the correct strategy...but because I don't really know many of the characters capabilities, I'm not always sure who really is the top priority. I assume this can also vary from team fight to team fight.

speaking of playing Huskar, I've been wondering: in team fights, who should characters like Huskar be looking to focus? I usually assume the guy with the most XP since his ult guarantees half health regardless of how much the enemy starts with. At the same time, I'm sure this isn't always the correct strategy...but because I don't really know many of the characters capabilities, I'm not always sure who really is the top priority. I assume this can also vary from team fight to team fight.

When I play huskar, I tend to go for the their stuns and support.
Doesn't make sense to go for their tank or their dps (unless they have low hp).
Higher chance of taking out their support that could win you a fight.
If you have BKB, I always go for their stuns, like Lion and Shadow Shaman.
Super squishy and die fast.

When I play huskar, I tend to go for the their stuns and support.
Doesn't make sense to go for their tank or their dps (unless they have low hp).
Higher chance of taking out their support that could win you a fight.
If you have BKB, I always go for their stuns, like Lion and Shadow Shaman.
Super squishy and die fast.
*takes notes*

skip the tanks and go for the support. got it.

Milabrega

Frustrating having that 4 man Que group and having that one pub be the one to always be the one to mess things up. I was so mad at that Huskar. The next game when you left we had fifth man pub player that went AM and lost his lane badly early that went Vlad's first.

I finally had a game as Tidehunter where I felt like I played decently and contributed to my team's victory. I even had a couple of Blink-Ravage combos where I caught all 5 enemies and we wiped out there team because of it. Feels good to finally be useful.

Meeeeh pretty dissapointing patch. I thought the purpose of the Test Client was to bring out new content faster without worrying about bugs bothering the people.

dorkimoe

Gold Member
I finally had a game as Tidehunter where I felt like I played decently and contributed to my team's victory. I even had a couple of Blink-Ravage combos where I caught all 5 enemies and we wiped out there team because of it. Feels good to finally be useful.

Until you get tornado/emp combo from invoker and you're useless. :(.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Meeeeh pretty dissapointing patch. I thought the purpose of the Test Client was to bring out new content faster without worrying about bugs bothering the people.

Its Valve. You expect them to keep their word?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Um, wtf? http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=24748

This is mindblowing. It's like Valve is giving us a list of bugs to abuse in the Stable Version.

Example:

Last week's Test Client bugs:
- Bane could cast Enfeeble on Roshan.

Today's Test Client fixes:
- Bane: Fixed Enfeeble working on Roshan.

Since last week Test Client's changes are updated into the Stable version. So what we have in this week's Stable version update is:
- Bane: Enfeeble working on Roshan.
- Omniknight: Repel cancels Ursa's Overpower.

That's totally awesome Valve!

In my honest fucking opinion. Bug fixes should be applied directly into the Stable client, while Test Clients should only be used to test New Heroes/Items/Abilities/Features.

Damn, you really can't win against bots alone without playing a hard carry. It's kinda ridiculous actually, but at least now I can see why everyone picks carry. It feels so good mowing down guys later on in the game..

Uriah

Greatest game of my life.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Man, Veil on Zeus is pretty funny. Popped it on 3 dudes when myself and warlock ran into them. We both ulted, and they just instantly died.

3rd game in two days where this series of events has taken place:

- Get significant lead
- Enemy players disconnect
- At least one of my team goes "LOL RAGEQUIT GG GUIZ" and leaves himself
- Enemy players rejoin (internet or computer issues) and proceed to split push with the numbres advantage until we get ground down and lose
- I'm salty

New strategy in a tight corner: the fake ragequit?

Hey guys, what do you think about testing the dota 2 report system? I've got here an idiot who spammed team_chat with one and only phrase "SOLOMID". Moreover, he also decided to brag with this sort of achievement on the imageboard.
Here's the screencap. Match ID: 6620779

Tenck

Hey guys, what do you think about testing the dota 2 report system? I've got here an idiot who spammed team_chat with one and only phrase "SOLOMID". Moreover, he also decided to brag with this sort of achievement on the imageboard.
Here's the screencap. Match ID: 6620779

Justified text abuse report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom