• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinicius

Neo Member
A new server region, Brazil:

"dota_region_brazil" "Brazil"
hmmmm

also, new courier:
DotA2_STP-Run.gif

wtf.

Guesong

I wonder about game etiquette sometimes.

Like I'm watching ComeWithMe's stream atm, and he and his pub team are pulverizing the Radiant so hard it's not even funny. 11-30.

Some of the Radiants said "wp go finish", and yet, he's still dawdling around, farming, when he and his team could simply walk into there and end it.

What is you guys opinion on the matter? Assuming opposing team were not dickwads and respectfully ask your team to end it, should you not go end it? Happens alot in pubs as well.

Yes there is some cases where it's just some stupid dude who think his team suck with no chance of comeback. More often than not even. But when you truely, outrageously dominate, why not just go end it?

Likewise, some people will kill 2/3 set of barracks and instead of taking the last or taking the throne, they'll wait just outside the fountain to KILL MORE instead of...well ending it faster. Why?

I think it's bad etiquette precisely because there is no way to surrender.

Those that wait just outside the fountain to get kills rather than attempting to destroy the ancient are a bit pathetic. Win the match, move onto the next. Boosting scores or padding your kdr shouldn't be a part of this game.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine

Like I'm watching ComeWithMe's stream atm, and he and his pub team are pulverizing the Radiant so hard it's not even funny. 11-30.

Some of the Radiants said "wp go finish", and yet, he's still dawdling around, farming, when he and his team could simply walk into there and end it.

What is you guys opinion on the matter? Assuming opposing team were not dickwads and respectfully ask your team to end it, should you not go end it? Happens alot in pubs as well.

Yes there is some cases where it's just some stupid dude who think his team suck with no chance of comeback. More often than not even. But when you truely, outrageously dominate, why not just go end it?

Likewise, some people will kill 2/3 set of barracks and instead of taking the last or taking the throne, they'll wait just outside the fountain to KILL MORE instead of...well ending it faster. Why?

If i give up and type something like that, the other team can do whatever they want and take as long as they want. I'll probably get up and stretch/get a water/alt-tab in the meantime so it really doesn't matter too much. If i was on the winning side i will take as long as i want as well. You conceded defeat, so you really have no say in what i do.

Lirlond

If I want to play a game of dota, and I have a limited time frame, lets say 90 minutes, and I get stomped pretty hard in the first game, 4/5 rax gone around 30 minutes in. The enemy team ending there and then is the difference between me having time for another game, and not having time. So it can be pretty inconsiderate, and when I play with my mates, I always make sure we push to win when possible.

If I want to play a game of dota, and I have a limited time frame, lets say 90 minutes, and I get stomped pretty hard in the first game, 4/5 rax gone around 30 minutes in. The enemy team ending there and then is the difference between me having time for another game, and not having time. So it can be pretty inconsiderate, and when I play with my mates, I always make sure we push to win when possible.

It always amazes me how so many can fail to be alert. entire enemy team down for 30 seconds and only the 2 towers shielding the Ancient remain? PULL OUT AND GO KILL A SIDE TOWER. FOAR DA MEGA KREEPZ. And waste another 15 minutes of lifetime.

Sometimes I think people fail to comprehend that you DON'T NEED MEGACREEPS and you don't need to kill every tower and barracks to win. Punch it up the gut, spike the fucking football and win. More games are prolonged because of this than should ever be. Last night I had a guy on the team that decided he'd rather kill one of those unnecessary 100-gold towers instead of the final, half-health tower protecting the ancient. If I could have strangled his dumb ass, I would have.

Neki

It always amazes me how so many can fail to be alert. entire enemy team down for 30 seconds and only the 2 towers shielding the Ancient remain? PULL OUT AND GO KILL A SIDE TOWER. FOAR DA MEGA KREEPZ. And waste another 15 minutes of lifetime.

Sometimes I think people fail to comprehend that you DON'T NEED MEGACREEPS and you don't need to kill every tower and barracks to win. Punch it up the gut, spike the fucking football and win. More games are prolonged because of this than should ever be. Last night I had a guy on the team that decided he'd rather kill one of those unnecessary 100-gold towers instead of the final, half-health tower protecting the ancient. If I could have strangled his dumb ass, I would have.

my number #1 rule is always kill the meatballs when you're in base

Deadly

The one I got 2-3 weeks ago from playdota drawing did.
Thanks that explains everything then :lol
I think it's bad etiquette precisely because there is no way to surrender.
Those that wait just outside the fountain to get kills rather than attempting to destroy the ancient are a bit pathetic. Win the match, move onto the next. Boosting scores or padding your kdr shouldn't be a part of this game.
If they're outside your fountain, creeps will destroy the ancient anyways. Might as well have some fun.

BigAT

So I had match where a 2 guys from the opposite team decided to troll their own team, and go mass carriers. That was awesome (for my team, which was winning anyway tbh). Nice community, huh?

http://i.imgur.com/p6AWk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/V3ijk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kHmIh.jpg

I've had this happen to me an unfortunate number of times, except it was by my own teammates. Valve should really implement something that you're unable to buy a new courier if yours is still alive.

JustinBB7

Usually when my team is a winning position early on, and the other team wants us to finish it, we simply just don't have the tower pushing powers because we're still under leveled. We try to finish it our selfs but split up too much, and the T4 towers still do too much damage to us. Then we farm up and finish it later. Depends on the heroes of course.

Swag

Just go end the game, PvE is fucken boring.

But usually when people say GG WP Go Finish, they still have people defending, which is really annoying.

vinicius

Neo Member
Just go end the game, PvE is fucken boring.

But usually when people say GG WP Go Finish, they still have people defending, which is really annoying.
I'll ask them to stay on fountain if they want it to end quickly. People have some kind of blockage when it comes to that and simply can't lose without defending themselves.

SamVimes

I build aghanim on Tiny after blink since it was introduced in dota 2 but i always wondered if it was viable in high level play. I guess it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom