• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raped the early game as nightstalker twice this week. Both times a divine rapier comes into the mix one way or another and sends the game reeling into late game where nightstalker isn't as effective, and we steal the rapier both games for the win.

Its fun, but kind of frustrating. First time they farmed it and we stole it from their team, this time our fucking bounty hunter built it after a vlads/treads/wraith bands and gave it to a lifestealer. The other team had called gg too and were begging us to come into base and rax when the dumbass pulled that shit.

Why does this happen when I play nightstalker?

well it's a good thing you got a pro tower-juking venomancer to back you up and take advantage of naix's stupidity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODjpgmK25uM

bonus: you get to see our retard pudge encouraging naix's overconfidence :D

Rinku

Banned
Screw all the people that said Veil is worthless! We demolished that team fight cause of it.

And how ridiculous Sanity Eclipse is

It would be great to see teams use that Veil item, not sure why its not being used.

Also, anyone want to party MM in about 2 hr 30 minutes? :D

Dina

Had a pretty good game with Warlock, of all heroes. Ended up with drums, mekansm, force staff, boots, wards and room for a refresher orb.

But it was close, and if me, a new Invoker and a good Windrunner didn't pull the team we would have lost it versus their bkb broodmother and dragon knight.

Fucking russians man. This SK was threatening to throw the game from the first gank and AM didn't have much dmg output either.

Sibylus

Banned
Dota 2 and Starcraft 2 seemed like a good combo.

I played the worst Tiny game in the world. Oh this is so discouraging.
I've not played him, but he definitely seems like a hero that can be really rough to try for the first time in MM (be it skilling order or getting the avalanche + combo off perfectly). Keep practicing!

Screw all the people that said Veil is worthless! We demolished that team fight cause of it.

And how ridiculous Sanity Eclipse is
A 15 second, 25% magic amp is definitely nothing to be sniffeezled at, especially with big nukers on a team. Tagging a good portion of the enemy team with it a second before an Aghanim's Earthshaker jumps on them, it's oarsome.

Sanjay

So Veil of Discord work like this? you activate it and for 15 seconds what ever skill you cast you get a magic damage increase by 25% on the heroes that were within the cast range of 500 radius the moment you activated the item?

Sibylus

Banned
I haven't confirmed by clicking on the heroes in question (given how much action happens during the window), but the description and the activation effect (outlines the aoe and immediately disappears like Weave) make it seem like targets cannot avoid the debuff simply by moving away.

So Veil of Discord work like this? you activate it and for 15 seconds what ever skill you cast you get a magic damage increase by 25% on the heroes that were within the cast range of 500 radius the moment you activated the item?

You hit it

an aoe circle comes up

You click on enemy heroes

all hit get a debuff

Its a targeted aoe debuff. Think of Apparations aoe slow. Or leshrac's stun.

Sibylus

Banned
Need to find some way to get space + qwer working for items again, I just can't deal with clicking anymore (horridly inefficient, and I feel markedly less competent as someone like an Earthshaker or Sand King). Alt works, but it sends pings every time I want to do something as simple as eat a Tango.

"Look mah, I'm eating my greens!"

vinicius

Neo Member
I wish he was spectating the match not broadcasting cause I could watch the game on dotatv and hear his comments over twitchtv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom