• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 Datamined: Lots Of New Info, [February Open Beta Is Likely]

Anilusion

Meeru said:
It's gonna be a direct port of DotA 1, so I doubt it. They're not going to have mana bars for enemy heroes either.

I want to start streaming myself, but trying to figure out the best way to stream. BTW, I think I can get an extra 2 beta keys from Icefrog.

I will show you my haikus I wrote for GabeN for a key <3

Tonza

Have they yet sent out keys/beta to people that registered for it through the website?

I'd really like to get in but writing to IceFrog and begging for a code doesn't really seem like a good idea tbh. (though maybe he doesn't have a problem with people writing to him)

That Gabe hero is amazing lmao

Trying to get some invites for GAF, haven't received any response yet but I will try again on monday.

deleted

GhostRidah said:
That Gabe hero is amazing lmao

Trying to get some invites for GAF, haven't received any response yet but I will try again on monday.

Great effort! If you get more than one I'd take one of your chest ;)

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
I'm in practice mode just running aroud. Just wanna know how it is before i join an actual game.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Instead of posting in here begging for a key make a thread and have some order.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
If Dota isn't showing on the stream then you need to set it to run Windowed (No Border), Xsplit doesn't work with full-screened games.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
raphier said:
Wait teh minute >.>

Notice how they didn't call it Episode Three...

Yeah you were expecting another expansion to a , today, 7 year old game?

Any idea when Valve will announce their business model for the game? It's odd that they say they want to release it ASAP and yet we still don't know if it will be PTP, FTP, whether they will make money by selling hats only or heroes as well.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
F2P with all heroes unlocked and cosmetic microtransactions is the only feasible way they will convert most of the Dota 1 player base. Any other model will be a comparative failure.

Spookie

Archie said:
F2P with all heroes unlocked and cosmetic microtransactions is the only feasible way they will convert most of the Dota 1 player base. Any other model will be a comparative failure.

*crosses my fingers for this too*

ksan

holy shit I thought it seemed like a perfect port of wc3 dota when I saw you saying that you couldn't move your hero t_t

Top Bottom