• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 Datamined: Lots Of New Info, [February Open Beta Is Likely]

x3r0123 said:
boob physics in progress :p
That's very "un-Valve-like" looking at their past female characters, but I'm not one to judge. For multiple reasons.

Maybe L4D series gave them a taste... ?

Sibylus

Banned
ThaiGrocer said:
That's very "un-Valve-like" looking at their past female characters, but I'm not one to judge. For multiple reasons.

Maybe L4D series gave them a taste... ?
They've had boob deformation since Half-Life 2. I suppose that's more or less to be expected when you hire people who know their anatomy, and know it well.

"As she lifts her arms up her breasts rise and flatten," says Valve's Ken Birdwell. He's showing off one of the character models for Alyx Vance, the female lead in Half-Life 2. Birdwell, who once wrote software to create custom shoe insoles, was the man tasked with making more-believable characters for Half-Life 2--characters who could express emotions through their faces and have full musculatures, as evidenced by the breast demonstration.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6112889/the-final-hours-of-half-life-2/p-5.html

Artanisix

THE DOTA2 NDA IS LIFTED.

http://blog.dota2.com/2011/09/i-said-good-day-sir/

Tobi Livestreaming Dota2

Welcome to the new plan: We’re going to take the current version of Dota 2, which has The International set of heroes, and get it out there as fast as we can. We’ve still got some work to do in a couple of areas, so we’ll be keeping it invite-only for a (hopefully short) period of time. But there’ll be no restrictions on what players can do with it – they can release screenshots, make movies, shoutcast matches, write guides, publicly make fun of our HUD, or anything else their hearts desire. While they do that, we’ll be shipping regular updates with more heroes, new features we’ve been working on, and improvements on the existing content as we get more and more feedback.

Conceptor

Botolf said:
*resurrects*

Holy shit. HOLY SHITTTTT

hsync.gif

Welp, I've never played DOTA and the only game of this genre I have experienced was LoL and that was an hour or so at most. I was able to get a key from Icefrog tonight and wow, this game is sooo freaking fun!! I really can see myself getting lost in it. Something I find interesting is in your games list its labeled as Dota 2 and not Dota 2 beta. I really can't see this being anything but F2P. Most likely what will happen is those of us who currently are in the 'beta' will just have the game updated when the game is officially released.

Artanisix

ClovingSteam said:
Welp, I've never played DOTA and the only game of this genre I have experienced was LoL and that was an hour or so at most. I was able to get a key from Icefrog tonight and wow, this game is sooo freaking fun!! I really can see myself getting lost in it. Something I find interesting is in your games list its labeled as Dota 2 and not Dota 2 beta. I really can't see this being anything but F2P.

Grats! I think it's great that new players are really getting sucked into it. That's fantastic, and hopefully Valve makes it even easier for new players to join in on the fun. Do you have any favorite heroes so far?

Artanisix said:
Grats! I think it's great that new players are really getting sucked into it. That's fantastic, and hopefully Valve makes it even easier for new players to join in on the fun. Do you have any favorite heroes so far?

Nope. I played as Vengeance I believe? I still am not too sure of the ins and outs, how to upgrade, buy items, etc. but I am loving it. This really is going to be huge for Valve and Steam.

GorillaJu

ClovingSteam said:
Welp, I've never played DOTA and the only game of this genre I have experienced was LoL and that was an hour or so at most. I was able to get a key from Icefrog tonight and wow, this game is sooo freaking fun!! I really can see myself getting lost in it. Something I find interesting is in your games list its labeled as Dota 2 and not Dota 2 beta. I really can't see this being anything but F2P. Most likely what will happen is those of us who currently are in the 'beta' will just have the game updated when the game is officially released.
Interesting. Mine says "Dota 2 beta" and when I'm playing it it jus shows up as "in game" to my friends.

GorillaJu

Hopefully with more invites going put there will be more games for me to play. For a long time it was only a max of two going per day and only for a few hours. And it was always the same people (including Eul!)

Here's betting the Cremator will make an appearance in Episode 3. The flamethrower could be a giveaway.

Not sure about the "ice gun," though...

odd_morsel said:
Hopefully with more invites going put there will be more games for me to play. For a long time it was only a max of two going per day and only for a few hours. And it was always the same people (including Eul!)

I sent you a message with my Steam profile. Please add me =D

I was sure I would get an invite to this game. I held out hope that maybe Gabe had just forgot about me for a few days, but then he would wake up in the middle of the night when he suddenly remembered and rush into work to send me my invite, but it didnt happen. Can't believe Gabe let me down after all these years I've had his back. Feels like my whole life is crashing down around me.

I H8 Memes said:
I was sure I would get an invite to this game. I held out hope that maybe Gabe had just forgot about me for a few days, but then he would wake up in the middle of the night when he suddenly remembered and rush into work to send me my invite, but it didnt happen. Can't believe Gabe let me down after all these years I've had his back. Feels like my whole life is crashing down around me.
hVKcM.gif

So... would PMing Icefrog (he writes on playdota right?) be the same as emailing him? And which of the two would be the least "annoying" to him, I wonder...?

angular graphics said:
So... would PMing Icefrog (he writes on playdota right?) be the same as emailing him? And which of the two would be the least "annoying" to him, I wonder...?

An email would probably be easier for him to delete. It might even go straight to his spam folder if he's lucky.

Meeru

Banned
Archie said:
I sent my email nearly a week ago. F U Icefrog.
Send him another. Say its been nearly a week and seeing streams of Dota 2 is making you more and more excited to play the game and that you really would like to playtest Dota 2

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Sent him an email this morning, thinking "oh what the hell", don't really expect a code but I had nothing to lose.

Top Bottom