• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG OMG OMG

*** it's happening ***

iHrApxM4OQ3yQ.gif

MISAKA Storm Spirit mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsnfKER1K64

the fuck is this. what did I just watch and why is it so offensively bad?

installing this so hard
nerddddddddddddddddddddd

outside of new heroes, are we ever going to get solo ranked mm? Is it too much to ask when HoN and league already did that within their first year...

Karakand

I can't believe procarbine has me on ignore

Might be shira and me instead of you and shira.

Or maybe shira was spared the axe and it's us. :O

The mysteries of passive aggressive posting are truly infinite.

On a related note, the visceral reactions of disgust to fanart in this thread always entertain.

Razzer

Playing as timbersaw and our NP abandons straight away, followed by the rest of my team and 3 of the other team. About a minute later a 4th enemy also does, leaving me and an AA to 1v1 mid instead. Always make the most of a bad situation I say. I won, though timber is way better for that kind of thing ofc. Surprisingly fun actually.

Karakand

I don't think that's the whole story. 'I'm disgusted by this piece of well-done, tasteful fanart that someone posted in the thread' - said no one ever

Dota 2 is fully of hammy dialog (even discounting the announcer packs) and hilariously grimdark lore (Leshrac's, for example, "Like other elemental characters, he is completely at one with nature, but in his case it is a nature lurid and vile. He alone sees the evil truth of reality, and has no use for those who believe the cosmos reserves a special reward for those who practice benevolence."), I'm not really sure why you expect it to be treated tastefully.

Boken

Banned
No LC again

jesus

Valve is running dota like a game reliant on handouts

they dont even make half their sets, cant even finish heroes that have half the design done for them.

what the hell is with this lazy ass company

Holden

No LC again

jesus

they dont even make half their sets, cant even finish heroes that have half the design done for them.

seriously, jesus...

sixtyfivedays

Neo Member
What they are doing is larger updates in slower intervals (like First Blood). We probably won't see a major patch until sometime near the end of October around Halloween (for the event).

They aren't doing it the way they used to and people will have to adjust for that.

shira

No LC again

jesus

Wait till the SKoreans start making sets on a professional basis and teams have the backing of Samsung/Hyundai/LG
Shit will be real

Abandonment needs a harsher punishment. For people who don't work or have kids it's fine to deal with people ruining about a third of your games, but some of us can only squeeze in a game or two a day and it gets so old having people quit.

There should be a permanent pool for those that have a certain percentage of abandons, and bump the regular punishment up to a week.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Not seeing to much in the text files, Arctic Hunter set was taken out of the drop pool, and the Glados Annoucer/Megakill pack, along with the bunny courier, were added.

What they are doing is larger updates in slower intervals (like First Blood). We probably won't see a major patch until sometime near the end of October around Halloween (for the event).

They aren't doing it the way they used to and people will have to adjust for that.

Yeah this is probably the case, must be frustrating to people who have played dota for years, I'm assuming that making a hero balanced and fun to play is the hardest part and that part is already done. The coding can't be too hard either, icefraud coded most of the heroes in JASS and the languages they use are less restrictive. The game has a skeleton crew right now, IIRC the recent jira board leak had like 15 staff members for dota 2.

Abandonment needs a harsher punishment. For people who don't work or have kids it's fine to deal with people ruining about a third of your games, but some of us can only squeeze in a game or two a day and it gets so old having people quit.

There should be a permanent pool for those that have a certain percentage of abandons, and bump the regular punishment up to a week.
Have you ever been in low priority? Shit is pretty bad. It only takes two relatively close to each other to get sent there.

Kreunt

Banned
No LC again

jesus

people get lazy when they don't have bosses.

Desaan

Just how rampant are smurfs? There seems to be 3-4 minimum in my games, not exactly hard to spot; 2 games on steam, DOTA 2 and Team Fortress and average 600-700+ xp/gold during the game, rape face and generally just ruin the game.

Pisses me off and ruins matchmaking completely. High or very high matchmaking players creating new accounts to troll low level/normal players achieves what exactly?

shira

Just how rampant are smurfs? There seems to be 3-4 minimum in my games, not exactly hard to spot; 2 games on steam, DOTA 2 and Team Fortress and average 600-700+ xp/gold during the game, rape face and generally just ruin the game.

Pisses me off and ruins matchmaking completely. High or very high matchmaking players creating new accounts to troll low level/normal players achieves what exactly?

Some good people are in shit tier for bad manners so there is that too.

Another reason they're slower with the heroes now is that they're taking time to do them "properly" in one go. They could probably squeeze them out at a decent rate (maybe not tri-hero updates like those leading up to TI2, but 1 every 2 or 3 weeks) if there wasn't a focus on doing so. This includes things like broken-down model, better textures, more bug testing for heroes prone to issues, etc. It most likely saves more time and headaches in the long run than getting a barebones version out then having to fix it later. Besides parity (or *gasp* even new heroes!) they've got about two dozen heroes in need of touch ups or more extensive reworks to put them at the level of quality as their latest stuff. And at least 6 or so that are in desperate need of makeovers (some of which, like SF, that we know about already).

Boken

Banned
I'm pretty sure Shira is the worst thing to happen to Dota 2.
I'm going to usurp Shira. You with me?
Another reason they're slower with the heroes now is that they're taking time to do them "properly" in one go. They could probably squeeze them out at a decent rate (maybe not tri-hero updates like those leading up to TI2, but 1 every 2 or 3 weeks) if there wasn't a focus on doing so. This includes things like broken-down model, better textures, more bug testing for heroes prone to issues, etc. It most likely saves more time and headaches in the long run than getting a barebones version out then having to fix it later. Besides parity (or *gasp* even new heroes!) they've got about two dozen heroes in need of touch ups or more extensive reworks to put them at the level of quality as their latest stuff. And at least 6 or so that are in desperate need of makeovers (some of which, like SF, that we know about already).
Valve Apologist~

Boken

Banned

Classic Queen of Hearts OFF WITH THEIR HEADS text right there.
Do you have kids? Because for people with kids, being able to abandon once in a while is a godsend because heaven forbid that your children are more important than this game.

elyetis

It's maybe better for a devellopement point of view, but I doubt player win much out of it. Some of the hero who are considered as needing a big makeovers are quite played, so I'm clearly on the side of 'not perfect but there to b enjoyed by players'. And at least it could still be something to be happy to see in an update once the parity is there and very few new hero get added.

But the current pace... even if we remove one month for TI3, if the next hero update is only LC ( god no.... please Techies be there ) and it come soon, it still mean 1 hero / 2 month wait. Parity would take 2 years ( if there is 2 new hero in dota by then, which doesn't seems too far fetched i guess ? ).

Got a nice game with mirana today http://dotabuff.com/matches/337129517 ; almost never played her ( except 2-3 time this week with my smurf ( yeah smurf are bad blahblah )) so just not doing too badly with her, and not missing every single arrow is enough to make me happy. With Naga and medusa, it's the third hero I only recently begun to appreciate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom