• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinBB7

Dunno if this is true (it's from the dev forums so) but they are talking about custom heroes.

Was on Matt's stream apparently. Any truth in this?

Boken

Banned
OMG
iGEq6fZvkayCK.gif

OMG, I won't be able to sleep tonite

your end is nigh shira

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
It's terrible to think we're only two weeks out from the last update and probably at least as many away from the next.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Dunno if this is true (it's from the dev forums so) but they are talking about custom heroes.

Was on Matt's stream apparently. Any truth in this?

Yes, some crazy people decompiled the binaries again and found references to custom hero implementation:
cP1cZmn.png

woo! schema update.

Sniper, morphling, FV, Lion, Kunkka, and my SB set. yay! :D

oh shit grats, son!

Just how rampant are smurfs? There seems to be 3-4 minimum in my games, not exactly hard to spot; 2 games on steam, DOTA 2 and Team Fortress and average 600-700+ xp/gold during the game, rape face and generally just ruin the game.

Pisses me off and ruins matchmaking completely. High or very high matchmaking players creating new accounts to troll low level/normal players achieves what exactly?

There are lots of smurfs (people who have several accounts with less than 100 wins). More than that, there are just a lot of people who have chosen to roll back their accounts by starting a new main (one or two accounts, and maybe one practice account). Unfortunately, old players that create new accounts have to step on some people before MMR properly places them against people of similar skill. That may have meant you in those matches. Or maybe someone got outplayed. It's not hard to hit 600gpm if the right hero snowballs.

Hylian7

That geometry looks new, not sure how you'd do this and not circumvent cosmetic stuff...

Anybody?
Yes, that is part of why the 0-4-4-0 build (or "Ellen Pudge build") works so well. I tried that build yesterday and it rocked the house. Even if you get one early point in stomp before 8, it is still awesome. When I did 0-4-4-0, I was with a Shadow Shaman in the offlane so I really didn't need stomp. We absolutely wrecked that lane too. I definitely agree that ET should be the farmer in his lane. You get Soul Ring/Mana Boots up quickly, your opponents won't able to handle the constant spirits plus punching them for a billion damage.

In the game where I laned with a Shadow Shaman, the enemy mid Huskar came to gank us right when I pulled the spirit back after walking it through a huge creep wave. I just right clicked the Huskar down and he died, and their team had Living Armor!

On another note, I am absolutely loving the cloud saved control groups! Every time I have played ET, Meepo, Lone Druid, Visage, NP, or anyone with illusions, it is nice to not take the extra step of setting control groups and them being there already.

Classic Queen of Hearts OFF WITH THEIR HEADS text right there.
Do you have kids? Because for people with kids, being able to abandon once in a while is a godsend because heaven forbid that your children are more important than this game.

It takes two within a short time frame to get put into the pool. Yes, I have kids, but generally do my best to not abandon. I ask for a pause if something comes up, which is rare.

I don't think a week in the pool is the same as chopping someone's head off either.

Razzer

Is this the last page of the thread? Or will we carry on a bit? Don't know whether a new OT is ready. I guess milk is the one to ask?

Just got a triple kill as Omniknight on my team's final push into the enemy base. It was a really close game until we pushed through at the end. Very satisfying.

Oh cool, if anyone can hit me up with a VOD that'd be great.

Pretty sure you have to subscribe to the twitch to get the vod right away, or buy the ticket in the client. It should be up on their youtube though in a day or two though. Or watch the rebroadcast that just started, although that will have you waiting 3 hours.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Another reason they're slower with the heroes now is that they're taking time to do them "properly" in one go. They could probably squeeze them out at a decent rate (maybe not tri-hero updates like those leading up to TI2, but 1 every 2 or 3 weeks) if there wasn't a focus on doing so. This includes things like broken-down model, better textures, more bug testing for heroes prone to issues, etc. It most likely saves more time and headaches in the long run than getting a barebones version out then having to fix it later. Besides parity (or *gasp* even new heroes!) they've got about two dozen heroes in need of touch ups or more extensive reworks to put them at the level of quality as their latest stuff. And at least 6 or so that are in desperate need of makeovers (some of which, like SF, that we know about already).

Sounds more like they left the game unfinished with a skeleton crew and have moved onto other projects instead. More exciting to work on L4D3 or Source 2 than Dota.

Did we even get confirmation that it was a remake for SF and not just some TI3 concept art?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom