• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phandy

Could you clarify what the hell this is? Also if you could link me to a reliable brand/model that I could try out. I've never heard of anything near this existing, and it sounds like it would be the perfect solution for me. Would it come with the cables needed, or would I need my own?
Is it anything like this? Even if it is, I'm still mega confused on how this actually works.

Those seem to look about right, quite cheap though, that might be because of American prices though. The ones I had came with an internet tv box I got in the UK. They came with 2 short cables for either end. You would have to check with anything you buy, but 2 short cables would be cheap. Just read some reviews, I don't know anything about specific brands sorry. Both mine were Linksy I think.

If anyone does get or use them, try to plug them directly into the wall or your signal degrades when passed through extension leads.

I don't know too many specifics sorry. just do a bit of reading I guess.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Finally a cosmetic I want to spend money on:
398EDF7E65828F14895A23934A615C68F14883F4

Des0lar

will learn eventually
So I wanted to share with you, what me and my girlfriend have been working on for a whole week basically haha.

It's a gift for a friend of mine, who loves Dota as much as I do

I have also made a little video, because I also built in a sound module :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm764XTIPX4

Hope you guys like it!

Edit: Are the pictures showing correctly? At my end they are, but a friend just told me that they are bit weird....

So I wanted to share with you, what me and my girlfriend have been working on for a whole week basically haha.

Hope you guys like it!

Edit: Are the pictures showing correctly? At my end they are, but a friend just told me that they are bit weird....

Cute stuff man :)

Tidehunter is really cute. I vote for him being the official mascot of dota 2 along with Axe. :)

Hope you guys like it!

Do you hate this friend?

they're quality

traveler

Not Wario
epgso76.jpg

This don't even make sense

The International Official Schedule

Group Stage Days
August 3: 9AM -> 10PM
August 4: 9AM -> 10PM
August 5: 9AM -> 2PM

Main Event at Benaroya Hall
August 7: 12PM-> ~9-11PM
August 8: 12PM-> ~9-11PM
August 9: 12PM-> ~9-11PM
August 10: 12PM-> ~7-11PM
August 11: 12PM-> ~6-9 PM

I was waiting for these. Doesn't give a ton of time to check out Seattle, but I guess that's to be expected. I wonder if I can still expect decent seats after roaming around the city and coming in at 11:45 ish.

On the topic of the international, I'm still debating what to do. I had planned on selling my ticket (original price, no scalping) after a broken ankle forced a delay in the roadtrip that was going to coincide with the trip, but none of my friends who wanted to go could go at that point. So now I'm thinking about doing a separate flight to go in addition to my road trip. Kills my budget and makes another trip to New Zealand I had planned for this January/February impossible, but I'm not sure I'm in the shape I want to be in for that trip anyways.

Would there be any Seattle or other GAFfers who would potentially be interested in buying the ticket short notice if I finally made up my mind and decided not to go? I don't want to get hopes up as there's still a chance I go, but I did want to check for interest.

shira

I was waiting for these. Doesn't give a ton of time to check out Seattle, but I guess that's to be expected. I wonder if I can still expect decent seats after roaming around the city and coming in at 11:45 ish.

On the topic of the international, I'm still debating what to do. I had planned on selling my ticket (original price, no scalping) after a broken ankle forced a delay in the roadtrip that was going to coincide with the trip, but none of my friends who wanted to go could go at that point. So now I'm thinking about doing a separate flight to go in addition to my road trip. Kills my budget and makes another trip to New Zealand I had planned for this January/February impossible, but I'm not sure I'm in the shape I want to be in for that trip anyways.

Would there be any Seattle or other GAFfers who would potentially be interested in buying the ticket short notice if I finally made up my mind and decided not to go? I don't want to get hopes up as there's still a chance I go, but I did want to check for interest.

That's quite the offer. Gold star status my friend.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Also, apparently china can play Greeviling / Diretide right. Wonder if they get loot from it, or if valve is going to make them normal modes soon.

Still trying to learn how to manage my Steam DOTA itens. It seems like I can sell chests and some taunts, but not equipment from some characters? Is there anywhere where I can trade them for something that I want? I have a Naga Siren tail and an Anti-Mage robe haha.

On a side note, what are the websites people use to look at concurrent numbers for steam games.

I just want to see the what the numbers were for TF2 when it went F2P.

KingKong

Why does Alliance keep picking Timbersaw mid? I thought he was really strong with treeant in the offlane but not that great otherwise

Another question, is there a website to find out about unique players this month?

I know it's on the front of the blog, just wondered if there was a website similar to steamgraph?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
There are no hard numbers, but I remember reading an old interview with Tripwire (Killing Floor devs) who said peak concurrent times 10 is a good baseline for monthly users in online games.

You can extrapolate from there.

Bonus alpha screenshot:

z7VzQPN.jpg

xKebob

There are no hard numbers, but I remember reading an old interview with Tripwire (Killing Floor devs) who said peak concurrent times 10 is a good baseline for monthly users in online games.

Bonus alpha screenshot:

z7VzQPN.jpg

Who are the heroes next to lich?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, bane and lion. Don't think anyone has a picture of what Lion's model looks like from that point. He has had so many redesigns.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't think it's Bane because he was released alot later on. Don't see who else it could be though...

Bane was a hero Valve started work on early but put on the burner due to some issues with Nightmare. He was even one of the first heroes with a bot.

Bonus alpha screenshot:

z7VzQPN.jpg

So wait, the Lina's picture you receive for buying that expensive pack for her is just a picture from alpha version? lol

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So wait, the Lina's picture you receive for buying that expensive pack for her is just a picture from alpha version? lol

Her hair was originally intended to be fire, then they couldn't get the fire to look right IIRC so she got red hair instead, and then later when they finally got the particle effects down they released it as an item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom