• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Okay Arc Warden is free mmr in pubs. It has the strong push of Terrorblade with the global presence of Nature Prophet. Once you get going, it is impossible for the opponents to push, they have to split in all three lanes.

The build is Midas > Necro 3 > Travels > Desolator > Assault Cuirass > Monkey King Bar > Travels 2 > Sell Midas for Moon Shard > Scythe of Vyse / BKB / Octarine.

Okay Arc Warden is free mmr in pubs. It has the strong push of Terrorblade with the global presence of Nature Prophet. Once you get going, it is impossible for the opponents to push, they have to split in all three lanes.

The build is Midas > Necro 3 > Travels > Desolator > Assault Cuirass > Monkey King Bar > Travels 2 > Sell Midas for Moon Shard > Scythe of Vyse / BKB / Octarine.

This is largely correct. Beat an Arc spammer who runs this build last night fairly comfortably with an Ember and Aghs Drow. Either can clear his necro waves faster than he can spawn them. But yea my boy who was playing Ember spams a very similar build:

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/134...=&region=&faction=&duration=&timezone=Etc/UTC

We found manta to be superior and a good pickup for the added bubble damage output. But yea, it's hard to find MMR as free as that. Only way you beat it (that we've found) is with superior wave clear and stronger push.

If you can't clear his waves faster than his cooldowns reset, he will split push you to death with a much higher efficiency than even a Naga can, much sooner into the game while rarely if ever putting himself at risk. It's a really nice build.

marrec

Banned
I'm seriously betting on offlane DK being a big thing soon. If only I wasn't such a fucking scrub, but even so it seems like a hard thing for the other team to deal with in the mid game.

So what he's saying is that he understands that lower tier teams don't have the luxury of picking and choosing which lans they go to but he still thinks that they shouldn't have gone? He's right that teams should have seen this coming but I think most teams did but couldn't afford not to go.
Pretty sure he is.

Also pretty sure Ditya Ra has a contract with Navi hidden away somewhere.
Wouldn't be surprised, they also had a standing offlaner that was pretty good but I don't know if he's going to stay.

Chris R

One day I'll get fall out 4 and play it for 20 minutes before getting bored and playing patapon or some shit.

I've only played for like 3 or 4 hours.

The gunplay is so much fun, but holy hell the RP elements might as well not exist. But I mean I guess if you enjoy only being allowed to choose between two options that aren't spelled out at all along with a Yes and a No it might be your favorite game ever. Then go ahead and remove/dumb down everything else in the game while you are at it. Not like this Bethesda :(

Interesting
I'm seriously betting on offlane DK being a big thing soon. If only I wasn't such a fucking scrub, but even so it seems like a hard thing for the other team to deal with in the mid game.

He's tanky but he needs items and levels to be useful, he's not getting either in the offlane. Sure his level 4 passive makes him almost unkillable but at level 1 it's not going to help him stay in lane 1v3 or even 1v2.

Artanisix

also consider what a dk with little to no items contributes to the team. is he really all that useful with maxed out dragon blood and a level 1 fire breath/dragon tail at level 6? compared to heroes like tide, nyx, sand king, and other offlaners, dk's offlane contribution is quite poor.

i'd love to be proven wrong though, if you think it's a viable strat then give it a shot and see what you can do

edit: also why is reddit crying about teamfighting when literally the game-winning strat at wca was completely dodging fights and ratting

Artanisix

aight forget 6.86 jungle lycan, LC, lifestealer whatever have you

It's all about jungle lone druid boys. 11 minutes into the game - radiance, level 11, and 120 CS. Yeah
dac15_transform.gif
. The best part is that LD is not an easy jungler to disrupt, if you catch say lycan jungling, he can't fight back and may very well die. You catch LD? That mofo is going to click you out cause he's two heroes, and if the game clock is at all past 4 minutes (so he will be level 5 or higher), you will get entangled and die--just a nice pseudo midas sent into the jungle to speed up that radiance for him.

i t was a 13 min radiance u fucking liar

Yeah Pudge is actually disgusting right now. I'm calling it now, the nerf next patch for it will be hook no longer going through BKB. Ridiculous that he has a 1600 range hook on a 4 second cooldown that goes through BKB.

just because you lose to a hero does not mean they are OP

Invoker is looking to be the op hero right now, that huge of a winrate increase while also being picked more often AND being very successful in pros is a bad sign, he'll probably get nerfed very soon if this keeps going like this.

marrec

Banned
Solo off? Hmm. I'm not sure, tbqh.

Duo off sounds good, though.

Been experimenting with Duo as well but not as much as solo.

He's tanky but he needs items and levels to be useful, he's not getting either in the offlane. Sure his level 4 passive makes him almost unkillable but at level 1 it's not going to help him stay in lane 1v3 or even 1v2.

An aggressive 3 will make the lane very difficult for the first few levels but they need multiple CCs to zone me out and when I get to level 3 life becomes much easier because by then I usually have Soul Ring and Dragon Blood 2. I've actually had a support rotate to help against a 3 until I get a few levels depending on the CC they have. I don't even go into the lane with tangos or salves, just Ring of Regen + Stout Shield + Faerie Fire.

Still working out the details, and my level of competition isn't extremely high (I queue with a 4k mmr support) but it's fun to play around and live dangerously with his ridiculous regen rate.

sixghost

Has anyone played the new OD at all? The new veil seems like it's a perfect first item for him now, but I've really struggled in lane when I've played him. Separating the INT steal and cs denying aspects of his old W just makes him so much weaker. I feel like you can't even start stealing INT with the Q until you're level 5 at least, because you'll just run out of mana.

Hylian7

Has anyone played the new OD at all? The new veil seems like it's a perfect first item for him now, but I've really struggled in lane when I've played him. Separating the INT steal and cs denying aspects of his old W just makes him so much weaker. I feel like you can't even start stealing INT with the Q until you're level 5 at least, because you'll just run out of mana.
I played him yesterday. I didn't go veil, but I may have to give that a try. I still wrecked though. I maxed Astral first mainly I could wave clear with it, and Essence Aura second, leaving a value point in Orb until I maxed the other two. OD has a lot of interesting aspects now with the rework. For instance, you can Astral to cancel a blink, or get the low health guy for sure when he has an escape. I was against an Ember yesterday and I knew he had a remnant out, but we got him very low and I used Astral to seal the deal. I still went fairly standard items, Force Staff, Atos, BKB.

Official Changelog

Fixed a bug where Arc Warden's Clone could sometimes incorrectly combine items when created
Fixed Infernal Blade working while silenced
Fixed Tidebringer working while silenced
Fixed Tidebringer being disabled by Break
Fixed Tidebringer interaction with Towers and Wards
Fixed Savage Roar affecting and overriding Dueling targets
Using summoned units to kill heroes outside of XP range now behaves the same as if you used an ability to kill the hero
Fixed Tempest Double draining XP from the area
Fixed Arc Warden not getting enough XP from Midas kills done by the Clone

http://store.steampowered.com/news/19837/

Wok

Official Changelog

Fixed Tempest Double draining XP from the area
Fixed Arc Warden not getting enough XP from Midas kills done by the Clone

http://store.steampowered.com/news/19837/

Level 25 Arc Warden finally possible. I don't know whether it is a buff or a nerf though, since the death timer will be longer.

So far, the highest level I have reached with Arc has been level 20. It was by making sure the Double did not drain XP when the hero was using Midas.

Hylian7

Wait, does Arc Warden's double using Midas give you the Midas bonus XP or just normal XP? I had assumed it worked like Lone Druid used to, where if you Midas from the bear you don't get the bonus XP.

DrPizza

Banned
Wait, does Arc Warden's double using Midas give you the Midas bonus XP or just normal XP? I had assumed it worked like Lone Druid used to, where if you Midas from the bear you don't get the bonus XP.

Didn't they fix that so that the bear could fully use Midas?

Artanisix

Of course, but how exactly is a 4 second CD 1600 range pulling mini stun that does pure damage and go through BKB not OP?

?? You can make most spells sound op when you list it off like that

1200 range aoe line stun for 3 seconds on 7 second cooldown while invis and taking 60% less damage OSfrog please nerf nyx assassin

Artanisix

PogChamp 10 str steal per hero aoe nuke on low cd OSfrog nerf undying

WutFace hit all units in aoe for attack damage with stacking cleave on 6 sec cd from massive range WutFace nerf ember

EleGiggle deal additional pure damage per attack without aggroing creeps and permanently stealing their intellect lmao nerf silencer wtf icefrog

bbd23

taking that 2 month break from dota has really opened my eyes.

the game is not fun to play, even winning isn't fun due to the cancerous shit you have to put up with to get there.
dac15_sad.gif

can't wait for majors.
dac15_sad.gif

TUSR

Banned
SoBayed WHERE ARE YOU NOW ONODERA FANSHITS SoBayed YOU THINK SHE IS THE PROMISED GIRL HUH SoBayed RAKU IS BANG ING CHITOGE NOW SoBayed

(OSfrog)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom