• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
One thing I know for sure is that this mode is making me even more hungry for custom maps.

I really want to make the incredibly dumb mod of just porting LoL's items to Dota. AP scaling is easy, just make each point of AP do 1% more damage!

Looking at how the scripts are set up, I think most would be easy to do, but balance would likely suck. AP Scaling may be hard though

What's the general opinion on getting Blink on LC? Core or situational? I was jungling in a bot game and the guide told me to get it, but I opted for faster AC+Deso. Went 16-1, but it was just a bot game. Also, should I be getting anything between Armlet and AC? I went for Treads>Armlet>AC>Deso>Heart. Also, should I get OoV? This is the first time I ever went: "Damn, I need OoV", but the same problem could probably be solved better by getting Blink.

vehn

What's the general opinion on getting Blink on LC? Core or situational? I was jungling in a bot game and the guide told me to get it, but I opted for faster AC+Deso. Went 16-1, but it was just a bot game. Also, should I be getting anything between Armlet and AC? I went for Treads>Armlet>AC>Deso>Heart. Also, should I get OoV? This is the first time I ever went: "Damn, I need OoV", but the same problem could probably be solved better by getting Blink.

Get blademail then mjolnir. Enemy will kill themselves

I'd say a Blink Dagger, or Shadow Blade for that matter, is situational. If you don't have teammates with disables or slows to help you close the gap on an enemy hero. Core items for Legion Commander should either focus on improving durability or attack speed. Power Treads > Armlet > Assault Cuirass is legit but I'd argue for a Basher over a Deso. Even if you don't turn it into an Abyssal. Her problem, if you're snowballing, isn't damage. Her problem, kinda like Bloodseeker, is locking people down when you don't have an ult. But by the time you farm up to AC, you may already have so much damage from duels that a disable doesn't matter.

Deso seems out of place on Legion Commander whereas a Basher can be upgraded to give you more damage along with the disable.

sixghost

Rampant Speculation Time:
Wraith Night is not a holiday only map, its the first map of an official hold out mode Valve will fully release in the coming months. Similar in style to Mann Vs Machines, you will be able to party up and play on any of the maps. The Wraith King's Favor is the Tour of Duty Ticket of the mode, allowing you to get more shards and access to each maps specific items. This is why there is no announced "end" date, and one of the pieces of loot pertains to a future map.

Or I could just be wrong.

I really just hope it leads to them releasing the custom map tools.

Are those of you doing jungle LC buying some light mana regen like a basi ring or just going straight into treads after using your starting gold?

Get blademail then mjolnir. Enemy will kill themselves

I'd say a Blink Dagger, or Shadow Blade for that matter, is situational. If you don't have teammates with disables or slows to help you close the gap on an enemy hero. Core items for Legion Commander should either focus on improving durability or attack speed. Power Treads > Armlet > Assault Cuirass is legit but I'd argue for a Basher over a Deso. Even if you don't turn it into an Abyssal. Her problem, if you're snowballing, isn't damage. Her problem, kinda like Bloodseeker, is locking people down when you don't have an ult. But by the time you farm up to AC, you may already have so much damage from duels that a disable doesn't matter.

Deso seems out of place on Legion Commander whereas a Basher can be upgraded to give you more damage along with the disable.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll keep experimenting.

Are those of you doing jungle LC buying some light mana regen like a basi ring or just going straight into treads after using your starting gold?

I found myself without mana issues when jungling and went straight for treads. Tangos and the regen from Press The Attack and the counter skill are plenty for HP and I didn't need to use Press the Attack all that much either. I did find myself in constant need of mana when laning though so I might've gotten lucky with the counter skill when I was jungling.

The luck gods are on my side

First corrupted item crafted is the Abaddon Helmet, the one I wanted. So... now it's just playing for fun lol.

This is twice now the event has been kind to me. Firs by unlocking the only two items from the crate I wanted as my first two unboxes (the Warlock scroll and Boxing Glove) and now I get the one item I wanted to craft (the Abaddon Helmet)

This luck won't last, I'm afraid.

Ultrabum

The luck gods are on my side

First corrupted item crafted is the Abaddon Helmet, the one I wanted. So... now it's just playing for fun lol.

This is twice now the event has been kind to me. Firs by unlocking the only two items from the crate I wanted as my first two unboxes (the Warlock scroll and Boxing Glove) and now I get the one item I wanted to craft (the Abaddon Helmet)

This luck won't last, I'm afraid.

What does the gem in corrupted items do?

How the hell are you guys beating WN with pubs?

Every game I've played we're lucky to get past the Slark+Slardar wave. Last game I had a Legion Commander who died halfway though the first goddamn wave. On normal.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Every game I've played we're lucky to get past the Slark+Slardar wave. Last game I had a Legion Commander who died halfway though the first goddamn wave. On normal.

By being Mithril ranked in Wraith Night of course.

brentech

Actually completed it with one person leaving during the Slark+Slardar wave. Luckily it was just Drow, so I was able to continue playing Windrunner and just had Drow follow and attack with Ice Arrows. But yeah, was surprised we were still able to complete the whole thing after that.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll keep experimenting.

I found myself without mana issues when jungling and went straight for treads. Tangos and the regen from Press The Attack and the counter skill are plenty for HP and I didn't need to use Press the Attack all that much either. I did find myself in constant need of mana when laning though so I might've gotten lucky with the counter skill when I was jungling.

It's probably stupid and a waste but initially I thought I would play LC kind of like Axe, so I toyed with Vanguard and Blink Dagger build (along with an Armlet and Treads). Armlet Toggle, W yourself, Blink and R. It's not bad at all but I find I'm better off with a naked Hyperstone over a Blink Dagger.

It's probably stupid and a waste but initially I thought I would play LC kind of like Axe, so I toyed with Vanguard and Blink Dagger build (along with an Armlet and Treads). Armlet Toggle, W yourself, Blink and R. It's not bad at all but I find I'm better off with a naked Hyperstone over a Blink Dagger.
Blink is very good on her (as is Shadow Blade) but you're better off grabbing a Hyperstone over Vanguard.

She's a weird carry/ganker/initiator but you're still better off Dueling people you know you can beat (either solo or with backup) rather than spending the 2200 for Vanguard.

Blink is very good on her (as is Shadow Blade) but you're better off grabbing a Hyperstone over Vanguard.

She's a weird carry/ganker/initiator but you're still better off Dueling people you know you can beat (either solo or with backup) rather than spending the 2200 for Vanguard.

I don't think Vanguard on LC is entirely awful if your game is going well early. Sure, you don't aim to farm one 30 minutes into the game but with the nerfs to Tranquils and the slight buff to Vanguard, I think it's a decent solution for HP regen to keep you farming in lane and jungle early game. 250 extra HP, 6 HP regen a second, and it's got an 80% chance of blocking some creep and hero damage (40 melee/20 ranged). It gives you added HP regen along with your passive and W while you armlet and ult.

If you're laning with LC you're not going to want to skill her E, auto-attack the creep wave and push it just for a chance to lifesteal when you'll be drawing creep aggro and being harassed by the enemy hero(es) you're laning against. You can use your W but generally that's a skill you'd like to save to cast on yourself before you ult or on an ally in dire need of HP regen. You can buy a magic stick for some quick burst heals and mana but it depends who you're laning against for that to be viable.

I don't see many people agreeing with me but I don't think it's a terrible item to buy on certain heroes at specific points in a game.

Soule

1437 has a 5k mmr? wtf. i didn't think it'd even go that high. and he doesn't even play well. whenever i see his stream he's either feeding or losing his lane

I was watching Jerax earlier and he showed his MMR, from memory it was like 5825 or something around abouts. Wonder how high it goes?

wtf this is some dragonball z level of bs. how far does it even go

and jerax isn't even that good either. he can only play one hero. though maybe that explain's why he's so high, since only played earth spirit lately. once it gets nerfed and he has to play regular heroes, it drops

Artanisix

icLyPHAnA2q34.png

Developer: Valve
Platform: PC
Genre: MOBA (Dota?) [same genre as League of Legends or Heroes of Newerth]
Join: The "Neogaf" channel in-game to play with other Gaffers, the mumble server to talk to some of Dota GAF.
Warning: If you are new to this game, be careful – you WILL suck. This is not Team Fortress 2. The barrier to competence is long and frustrating. There’s a lot of information to absorb, a significant amount of it unintuitive. But we're here to help!
Updates: Now that the game is officially out of beta, we typically see one large update per month.

kyAZBaa.png

~
puu5FGB.gif

WALL OF SHAME
ixY41sO.png

I don't think Vanguard on LC is entirely awful if your game is going well early. Sure, you don't aim to farm one 30 minutes into the game but with the nerfs to Tranquils and the slight buff to Vanguard, I think it's a decent solution for HP regen to keep you farming in lane and jungle early game. 250 extra HP, 6 HP regen a second, and it's got an 80% chance of blocking some creep and hero damage (40 melee/20 ranged). It gives you added HP regen along with your passive and W while you armlet and ult.

If you're laning with LC you're not going to want to skill her E, auto-attack the creep wave and push it just for a chance to lifesteal when you'll be drawing creep aggro and being harassed by the enemy hero(es) you're laning against. You can use your W but generally that's a skill you'd like to save to cast on yourself before you ult or on an ally in dire need of HP regen. You can buy a magic stick for some quick burst heals and mana but it depends who you're laning against for that to be viable.

I don't see many people agreeing with me but I don't think it's a terrible item to buy on certain heroes at specific points in a game.

My problem with Vanguard is that it lapses from "sorta alright" to "waste of a slot" much too fast. Even Radiance is useful for longer than Vanguard except in very specific situations.

I had this Omniknight in WN who was just a total jackass the entire time. Blamed me for losing because I didn't use my ult (I had no mana at the time because I was also the mek mule+everything else) and for the next 3 games ( I matched with him again) he rode my ass for everything. Started insulting me because he was the last to die on a Prophet wave, even though I was the second last to kick it and our Legion Commander went AFK, our Axe never once used Battle Hunger, and he died at least once a wave. Even threw a conniption because I came to revive him when I had no creeps in my lane.

I just don't understand people some times.

Kade

Just played a ranked game where the remaining two slots (I queued with two friends) were filled by a Skywrath Mage and Witch Doctor who refused to play as a team and just griefed the whole time while talking shit; ended with us losing, unsurprisingly. Other three were Legion Commander (me), Wraith King and Invoker and we didn't have any wards or a courier for the first 10-15 minutes of the game and when we asked WD to buy support items, he would just tell us to shut up and that "this isn't a fucking youtube video, stop trying to be pro when you're not". Invoker eventually bought wards which prompted WD to buy a courier and fully upgrade it, after he amassed enough money from TPing with Skywrath into proximity of anyone who was in a fight for the sole purpose of stealing kills. Both were twink Steam accounts. :/

That shit is enough for me to only want to 5 queue.

I finally had the time to play Doto today so I hopped on and tried Wraith-Night. I solo queued and picked Legion Commander, who I had never played, so I didn't expect much. We end up fucking winning lmao. I couldn't believe it. Our team was LC, Axe, Sven, Omni, and Drow. Our Omni was amazing — saved our asses so many times, especially in the Gyro round since he can make you immune to the rockets. It was a lot of fun.

Then I played a solo queue RD match and got shit on by a beyond godlike NightStalker and our Jugg abandoned. You get your highs, and you get your lows.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Well played my first gaf lobby and was only called retarded once!
Was fun.

sorry for feeding

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Minor market suggestion: Frozen items will likely be worth next to nothing in two weeks, but are worth $.80 a pop now. I would just sell the items you get and buy them back later when the price falls.

ElyrionX

Just won my first ranked matches. Once as solo and once as team. Both games we lost the lanes but managed to bunker down and come back. The team game was particularly satisfying. At one point we were down 15-35 or something ridiculous like that. Their CK was godlike in like 15 mins or less. But through a combination of Furion splitpushing and some smart BKB-baiting, we managed to turn it around.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/423849069

Based on my first two ranked games, my solo and team MMR is 2827 and 2889 respectively. Unfortunately not anywhere close to G.ZZZ copper tier.

Kreunt

Banned

Like others have said, it's somewhat situational, but most of the time you're going to want some kind of gap closer, whether its a blink or shadowblade.

My last couple games I went blink straight after treads and really like it. armlet after that and then BKB if I need one.

I've been buying basi ring, feels like the extra mana lets me jungle quicker and safer and then leave the jungle with plenty of mana for ganks.
Others have been doing fine without it though.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I am so fucking tired of playing the same fucking heroes every fucking game but as soon as I branch out and try something like Ember Spirit of course we get our asses kicked in in a 40-15 route. Heave forbid I decide I want to play something other then the three safest carries or four current popular supports

We lost to a QoP, Mirana, and fucking Gyrocopter

Artanisix

Well played my first gaf lobby and was only called retarded once!
Was fun.

sorry for feeding

Don't worry about it, join in more if you want! The skill level in these lobbies is pretty variable. Recommended: instantly muting 1.09 if you value your self-worth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom