• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, the old Mega Creeps are now called Super Creeps, and the Mega creeps you get for killing all the Rax are Mega Creeps.
Which means you'll only see these new models for all of 5 minutes or not even at all.

...they should make super creep models that people will actually see more than 5 minutes every other game

Sianos

So what's the deal with Oracle, like what kind of role does he play? I would think he's played as a support, but like what kind of items and builds are usually done on him?

His skills really confuse me lol, other than the ult which just seems insane.

cast w -> 2x e -> receive 800~ healing and take 0 damage
cast e -> q on enemy -> 660 damage (pre-reductions) nuke that also purges
cast w -> use a ghost scepter -> 100% magic and physical damage resistance
cast ult on teammate -> e -> w -> 2x more e -> 2000~ healing
cast ult -> tank all the damage under ult -> euls yourself/get disrupted -> dodge all of the damage you took over the 9 seconds

The basic combos you can execute that I've thought of so far.

Probably countered by Axe Culling Blade if the target of False Promise is below the threshold, Ancient Apparition's Ice Blast stopping the healing when False Promise ends (and being unpurgable), silences, and of course DOOM.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hmmm...
"DOTA_TrophyName_PAContractsFilled" "Nemesis Assassin"
"DOTA_TrophyDesc_PAContractsFilled" "Awarded for Fulfilling contracts during the Nemesis Assassin Event."
"DOTA_TrophyName_PAContractsDenied" "Assassin Assassinated"
"DOTA_TrophyDesc_PAContractsDenied" "Awarded for Denying contracts during the Nemesis Assassin Event."

This is going out on a limb, but I think we may be able to pick multiple PAs in a single game during the event.

Edit: No, maybe it its own kind of event? Here is what I was looking for, the text related to the event:
"npc_dota_phantomassassin_gravestone" "Paradox Memorial"
"DOTA_PhantomAssassin_Gravestone_Epitaph_1" "\"Who turned out the lights?\""
"DOTA_PhantomAssassin_Gravestone_Epitaph_2" "\"It's dark down here.\""
"DOTA_PhantomAssassin_Gravestone_Epitaph_3" "\"I was too slow.\""
"DOTA_PhantomAssassin_Gravestone_Epitaph_4" "\"Rest for the wicked.\""
"DOTA_PhantomAssassin_Gravestone_Epitaph_5" "\"Don't leave me here!\""
"DOTA_PhantomAssassin_Gravestone_Epitaph_6" "\"Dig me up. I dare you.\""
"DOTA_PhantomAssassin_Gravestone_Epitaph_7" "\"Should have practiced more.\""
"DOTA_PhantomAssassin_Gravestone_Epitaph_8" "\"Never saw it coming.\""
"DOTA_PhantomAssassin_Gravestone_Epitaph_9" "\"Should have bought more armor.\""
"DOTA_PhantomAssassin_Gravestone_Epitaph_10" "\"Shhh. Taking a dirt nap.\""
"DOTA_PhantomAssassin_Gravestone_Epitaph_11" "\"On the wrong side of the grass.\""
"DOTA_PhantomAssassin_Gravestone_Epitaph_12" "\"What were the chances?\""
"DOTA_PhantomAssassin_Gravestone_Epitaph_13" "\"Ouch.\""

"DOTA_Chat_AssassinAnnounce" "%s1 has been given a contract to kill %s2"
"DOTA_Chat_AssassinSuccess" "%s1 has fulfilled the contract! %s2 has fallen!"
"DOTA_Chat_AssassinFailed" "%s1 failed to complete the contract and fell to %s2"
"DOTA_Chat_AssassinMSG01" "PHANTOM ASSASSIN HAS A"
"DOTA_Chat_AssassinMSG02" "CONTRACT TO KILL"
"DOTA_Chat_AssassinTeammate01" "If Phantom Assassin slays her target before the target slays her, the contract will be Fulfilled. All teammates of Phantom Assassin will be rewarded for Fulfilling the contract."
"DOTA_Chat_AssassinOpponents01" "... but if %s1 kills Phantom Assassin first, the contract will be Denied. All teammates of %s1 will be rewarded for Denying the contract."
"DOTA_Chat_AssassinDeny01" "PHANTOM ASSASSIN"
"DOTA_Chat_AssassinDeny02" "Has been killed by %s1"
"DOTA_Chat_AssassinDeny03" "The Contract has been denied!"
"DOTA_Chat_AssassinFulfill01" "PHANTOM ASSASSIN"
"DOTA_Chat_AssassinFulfill02" "Has killed %s1"
"DOTA_Chat_AssassinFulfill03" "The Contract has been fulfilled!"
"DOTA_GameEnd_AssassinSuccess_0Player" "Yet nobody on her team owns the Manifold Paradox, leaving the reward unclaimed."
"DOTA_GameEnd_AssassinSuccess_5Player" "%s1, %s2, %s3, %s4 and %s5 will be rewarded with:"
"DOTA_GameEnd_AssassinFailedRadiantWins" "The Radiant have denied the contract"
"DOTA_GameEnd_AssassinFailedDireWins" "The Dire have denied the contract"

"DOTA_Prediction_CharmPurchase01" "Purchase a Charm of the Defender’s Vision"
"DOTA_Prediction_CharmPurchase02" "Use the charm to make 3 correct predictions of your victory in All Pick matches to earn a Treasure of the Defender’s Vision. Make 2 incorrect predictions and receive a Charming Celebration action item. Available through November 30th. This item does not need to be equipped to be used."
"DOTA_Prediction_CharmPurchase03" "BUY NOW - %s1"
"DOTA_Prediction_CharmPurchase04" "NO THANKS!"

"DOTA_Prediction_CharmPredict01" "Your Charm Beckons!"
"DOTA_Prediction_CharmPredict02" "Correctly predict 3 All Pick victories to earn a Treasure of the Defender’s Vision. Make 2 incorrect predictions and receive a Charming Celebration action item. Available through November 30th."
"DOTA_Prediction_CharmPredict03" "PREDICT YOUR VICTORY!"
"DOTA_Prediction_CharmPredict04" "NOT THIS GAME"
"DOTA_Prediction_CharmPredict_Predicted" "YOU HAVE PREDICTED VICTORY"
"DOTA_Prediction_CharmPredict_Dismiss" "Continue"

"DOTA_Prediction_CharmPredict_Correct" "CORRECT PREDICTIONS:"
"DOTA_Prediction_CharmPredict_Incorrect" "INCORRECT PREDICTIONS:"

"DOTA_Prediction_CharmResult_Correct" "You have Forseen Your Victory!"
"DOTA_Prediction_CharmResult_Incorrect" "You’ll do better next time."

"DOTA_Prediction_CharmResult_Continue" "CONTINUE"

"DOTA_Prediction_Tooltip01" "NEW!"
"DOTA_Prediction_Tooltip02" "Predict your future and be rewarded."
"DOTA_Prediction_Button" "PREDICTIONS"

"DOTA_Chat_PredictionCharmComplete_Success" "%s1 has the skill of foresight, and has been rewarded with a %s2" // %s2 is the name of the reward item
"DOTA_Chat_PredictionCharmComplete_Fail" "%s1 has made 2 incorrect victory predictions, and earned a %s2 action item." // %s2 is the name of the action item

"DOTA_AssassinGame_Title" "FORESEER'S CONTRACT"
"DOTA_AssassinGame_Learn" "LEARN MORE"
"DOTA_AssassinGame_Learn2" "LEARN MORE ABOUT"

"DOTA_AssassinGame_ContractAvailable" "Contract in Progress"
"DOTA_AssassinGame_ContractFilled" "Fulfilled the Contract"
"DOTA_AssassinGame_ContractDenied" "Contract was Denied"
"DOTA_AssassinGame_TargetAvailable" "Marked for Death"
"DOTA_AssassinGame_TargetFilled" "Assassinated"
"DOTA_AssassinGame_TargetDenied" "Denied the Contract"

"DOTA_AssassinGame_ALSO" "ALSO"

"DOTA_AssassinGame_RadiantFulfilling" "EACH RADIANT PLAYER HAS EARNED AN ITEM FOR FULFILLING THE CONTRACT"

"DOTA_AssassinGame_RadiantDenying" "EACH RADIANT PLAYER HAS EARNED AN ITEM FOR DENYING THE CONTRACT"

"DOTA_AssassinGame_DireFulfilling" "EACH DIRE PLAYER HAS EARNED AN ITEM FOR FULFILLING THE CONTRACT"

"DOTA_AssassinGame_DireDenying" "EACH DIRE PLAYER HAS EARNED AN ITEM FOR DENYING THE CONTRACT"

also :horse: got updated

im excited that he wont have his gross white outline now

I hope those have very low clicking priority because I can see it getting old really quickly.

cyborgmatt just had a tough time actually clicking on one when he was trying to so im not too concerned

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I hope those have very low clicking priority because I can see it getting old really quickly.

Doesn't seem like you can click on them, you have to drag a selection box over them to target them.

VanMastaIteHab

Neo Member
cast w -> 2x e -> receive 800 healing and take 0 damage
cast e -> q on enemy -> 660 damage nuke that also purges
cast w -> use a ghost scepter -> 100% magic and physical damage resistance
cast ult on teammate, 2x e -> w right before it wears off -> 1600 healing with no damage from your e's -> oh hey there's still time for two more casts of e before w wears off -> 800 more healing
cast ult -> tank all the damage under ult -> euls yourself/get disrupted -> dodge all of the damage you took over the 9 seconds

The basic combos you can execute that I've thought of so far.

Probably countered by Axe Culling Blade if the target of False Promise is below the threshold, Ancient Apparition's Ice Blast stopping the healing when False Promise ends (and being unpurgable), silences, and of course DOOM.

Damn. Seems like he's going to take some getting used to, and really hard to deal with if you don't have the right counters.

Sianos

So if Eul's can dodge the final damage of False Promise, I wonder if other sorts of invulnerability such as Ball Lightning, Phase Shift, Disruption, or even the brief invulnerability from Mirror Image can...

As far as skill builds go, I think 1-1-1 is the best way to start, and then maxing Purifying Flames followed by False Promise for more nuke damage or maxing Purifying Flames with an extra early point of Fate's Edict so you can safely cast Purifying Flames twice during the duration of Fate's Edict - it might be worth it to always pick up that second early point in Fate's Edict before maxing False Promise.

Skab

Oracle is not only voiced by the Gman, he also has a "Prepare for unforeseen consequences" line.

Apparently Valve remembered they make Half-Life

Satch

Banned
kade, reinstall quake live today

Can't wait for people to screw up oracle combos and end up hurting their teammates and healing enemies

i was just playing oracle in a lobby and i used my E on myself because my health was low and killed myself because i didnt read what the skill does beforehand

and then i healed an enemy

so read those notes folks

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The Charm of the Defender's Vision is $.79.

The Charming Celebration item you get for failing makes fireworks, and expires next October.

Right now all Dotacinima sets are set to be sold on the store for $8.99.

BeesEight

I remember when I first started playing Dota 2 and Gaf's inhouse league. I look forward to the repeat. Maybe I'll start playing again.

Re-posting since the last thread was blowing up when I tried to ask...

Is your team rating mostly tied to who you have played with or more tied to your own performance? Also does hero damage as a metric mean much?

Razzer

Oh also repost from the last thread:

Speaking of which, I would like to get better at Dota and to that end I'm pretty sure what I have to practice most, both to advance in Ranked and to become a better player overall, is both picking and executing on early aggression supports/gankers who can make space for the rest of the team. Do people have some recommendations for who I should take for a spin in ranked? I've had some success with Vengeful Spirit. I tend to shy away from heroes like Timbersaw just because, in a traditional support role at least you can fall back on being the ward carrier/mek builder.

CM is all about that first 15 mins impact. And considering she ain't zoning an offlaner with her pitiful autos, that means go for kills. Lion and SS have 2 stuns each, so kill kill kill. AA, lesh etc etc. Most supports can be played that way, you just need to make sure that the other heroes involved also have killing power, no hero can get solo kills early on really.

My experience with Oracle so far
CfRCMEV.jpg

Sianos

Nearly impossible to get off 2 purifying flames on a ally with only level 2 Fate's Edict.

I was able to do it during bot games (granted while not under any pressure and not multitasking during the attempted combo). Cast Fate's Edict and immediately Purifying Flames, then right as it goes off cooldown cast it again. You have a one second window of timing which is difficult but not impossible. Levels 3 and 4 extend this to a more reasonable 2 and 3 second window for the two casts.

Made a mistake with my calculations for maximizing healing during the ult, you have to be under Fate's Edict during the ult for it to block the damage. Also, you can get off three Purifying Flames during the ultimate with a fair margin of error and two within a cast of Fate's Edict so a total of 2000~ healing at the end of the ultimate. This doesn't even account for other sources of healing getting doubled and Refresher Orb shenanigans.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I was able to do it during bot games (granted while not under any pressure and not multitasking during the attempted combo). Cast Fate's Edict and immediately Purifying Flames, then right as it goes off cooldown cast it again. You have a one second window of timing which is difficult but not impossible. Levels 3 and 4 extend this to a more reasonable 2 and 3 second window for the two casts.

Made a mistake with my calculations for maximizing healing during the ult, you have to be under Fate's Edict during the ult for it to block the damage. Also, you can get off three Purifying Flames during the ultimate with a fair margin of error and two within a cast of Fate's Edict so a total of 2000~ healing at the end of the ultimate. This doesn't even account for other sources of healing getting doubled and Refresher Orb shenanigans.

You don't have a 1 second, you have a .4 second margin of error, he has a .3 second cast animation.

Sianos

You don't have a 1 second, you have a .4 second margin of error, he has a .3 second cast animation.

Ah, didn't account for that. Still possible, but not as realistically feasible in game - I'd definitely take 3 early levels then if I needed the early double heal.

sixghost

Oh also repost from the last thread:

Speaking of which, I would like to get better at Dota and to that end I'm pretty sure what I have to practice most, both to advance in Ranked and to become a better player overall, is both picking and executing on early aggression supports/gankers who can make space for the rest of the team. Do people have some recommendations for who I should take for a spin in ranked? I've had some success with Vengeful Spirit. I tend to shy away from heroes like Timbersaw just because, in a traditional support role at least you can fall back on being the ward carrier/mek builder.

Treant has to be the best solo ranked support there is. You need next to no farm, you have plenty of gank potential when you get boots, and you can save dumb teammates across the map with living armor. I general I think more passive lategame supports are better in this patch. Elder Titan is an amazing support this patch if you can survive the early game .

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
But why would you want 2 screens of Fog of War?

Zia

Probably addressed but I don't follow this thread: are drops broken? Just went an entire BP level without receiving anything, or seeing items drop for others.

Probably addressed but I don't follow this thread: are drops broken? Just went an entire BP level without receiving anything, or seeing items drop for others.

They changed the way the drops happen now.

They're pretty rare now but you get an entire set, so if you don't want it at least you get like a free 70 cents or something.

Levels do nothing and those presents go away. No boosters either.

Zia

They changed the way the drops happen now.

They're pretty rare now but you get an entire set, so if you don't want it at least you get like a free 70 cents or something.

Levels do nothing and those presents go away. No boosters either.

Huh. That sounds... good?

Thanks for the quick answer.

Madouu

From watching a lot of games in the normal skill bracket in recent months and playing in quite a few, I honestly think most games are lost by people simply not using their skills and items rather than itemization, positioning or communication.

So remember people, press buttons!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Looking at it closer, the attack animation for PA Arcana kind of stinks. Not nearly as smooth and natural as LC Arcana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom