• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon’s Dogma 2 flies up Steam’s best sellers weeks before launch

Draugoth

Gold Member
dragons-dogma-ii.gif

Taking a peek at the Steam charts quantifies for us just how excited players are for this game. Although the game is three weeks away from release, Dragon’s Dogma 2 is already somehow in the top sellers list. As of writing, the game sits at ninth despite not even being released yet.

This is certainly a very impressive feat. Sure, there are many popular games that reach this height when they have hit early access and players can try them out for the very first time. However, there aren’t many games that are so anticipated that players plop down their hard-earned cash nearly an entire month in advance.

Dragon’s Dogma 2 is already outpacing other mega-popular games (that you can actually play right now) including Palworld, Enshrouded, and Call of Duty. As we draw closer to release, its entirely possible Dragon’s Dogma 2 ends up at the top of the Steam top seller list at number one, and doesn’t let go of the throne for quite some time.

Source

DavidGzz

Yep, not surprised. Many said that they think it won't sell very much. I countered with the fact that Elden Ring and Monster Hunter fans will buy it. Especially now that the Elden Ring expansion isn't coming until June. That fact will help Dragon's Dogma 2 be even more successful.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Do RE Engine games have issues with shader comp stutter? Did RE4?

Traversal stutter only (all versions, consoles & PC)

I would hope they updated traversal loading for an open world 🤷‍♂️
But I have faith it'll be the best version by a long shot, unless we get silly combinations of Denuvo + Capcom's borked DRM duo like what happened with Village, but they fixed that promptly. They ain't no EA/Respawn with Jedi games I'll tell you that.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Do RE Engine games have issues with shader comp stutter? Did RE4?
No. These games don't stutter on pc.
They tend to have vram issue. RE2,3 had crashing issue due to exceeding vram once RT branch was added. Re4 had the same issue on release.
I am not sure what version I want to get yet but I think PS5 for this on. Dualsense, ps 3d audio is usually good and physical disc. My 3080 should be still fine for dd2 but 10gb vram is annoying

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member

It looks beautiful running at a proper resolution and framerate. Couldn't imagine playing it any other way.

Man, what a beauty, which brings me to : It's a friggin' shame since this will be heavily borked on consoles due to pixel crawling, jaggies, sub-par IQ and framerate like most next-gen only games so far.
I've been playing Alan wake 2 lately and those beautifully crafted graphics become an eye sore due to that FSR fuxkery where there's pixel crawling ahoy, jaggies everywhere, blurriness etc etc - heck, even Helldivers 2 runs at a sub optimal resolution.
Also,Capcom's own RE4Re was heavily marred IMO due to the also non-optimal IQ.

Maybe these consoles weren't that powerful to begin with, maybe devs have already reached their max potential (?) but that friggin' PS5 Pro can't come soon enough, it's reminding me of the PS360 generation where 99% of games had suboptimal image quality.

Every game I've been playing lately (AW2, Robocop, Helldivers 2, RE4Re) have their own specific problems but bad IQ is the common denominator between them.

Mister Wolf

Man, what a beauty, which brings me to : It's a friggin' shame since this will be heavily borked on consoles due to pixel crawling, jaggies, sub-par IQ and framerate like most next-gen only games so far.
I've been playing Alan wake 2 lately and those beautifully crafted graphics become an eye sore due to that FSR fuxkery where there's pixel crawling ahoy, jaggies everywhere, blurriness etc etc - heck, even Helldivers 2 runs at a sub optimal resolution.
Also,Capcom's own RE4Re was heavily marred IMO due to the also non-optimal IQ.

Maybe these consoles weren't that powerful to begin with, maybe devs have already reached their max potential (?) but that friggin' PS5 Pro can't come soon enough, it's reminding me of the PS360 generation where 99% of games had suboptimal image quality.

Every game I've been playing lately (AW2, Robocop, Helldivers 2, RE4Re) have their own specific problems but bad IQ is the common denominator between them.

Having access to the Frame Generation is great. Get your game running at 60 - 70fps. Turn on the Frame Gen and have smooth motion like its running at 120fps with input lag like its 60fps.

Lokaum D+

It looks beautiful running at a proper resolution and framerate. Couldn't imagine playing it any other way.

my RTX 2060 isnt ready for this, hopefully i can run this at 1440p@60fps DLSS Max settings w/o RT

@Clintizzle I didn't play the first one and will jump straight to this one. Should I use lube or nah?
The thing with DD1 is that exploration is really similar to DS1, there is no indication of enemies lvls or whatsoever, u simple do exploration freely and if u get to the wrong place and u are done, for exemple there is a sidequest that u get in the first hour of the game, that if u try to do it right away u are fucked.

Last edited:

SaintALia

My most anticipated game of the year. Kinda sucks that I bought the first game on GoG which has some issues, but whatever, gonna pick this up on Steam.

Though I think I'll be waiting for a year or so though, in case a Dark Arisen style DLC drops.

Day one on PS5 for me. Doubt my 1660 super can handle this behemoth. My pcbenchmark test has me barely at minimum req.

I have a feeling this will not only be GotG of my heart, but potentially the dark horse goty at Geoff's advertisement awards 2024™.

Don't sleep on this one boys.

Top Bottom